Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 03 Nov 2011, 7:18 am

Are you still looking for players, Tom? If my entry will make the game proceed, then I'm in!

George
Administrator

Post 03 Nov 2011, 7:37 am

Cool, Consider yourself in and confirmed!
I have confirmations from all players but one left a somewhat cryptic answer saying he "may" have to decline, so I wrote him and await his reply. I am giving him until Friday night before I leap forward without him. But adding you (or any others) up until that time (if he replies sooner, then the game could start as early as TONIGHT with power assignments going out) is no problem as we are playing less than 50 players, I have standing armies added in multiple areas to balance things out quite nicely (though 50 would be best) so we have another power ...great!
Ambassador

Post 03 Nov 2011, 11:39 am

GMTom wrote:(now just wait until you see who these people are that get plugged into your example)

Can't wait, though I'll say I hope nobody takes my comment about the South African player being a big jerk personally.... :uhoh:
Ambassador

Post 03 Nov 2011, 8:04 pm

Ha! Just saw the assignments on the website. The pairing of Marcel's France keeping the Randy's USA honest is a good one! :grin:
Administrator

Post 03 Nov 2011, 8:23 pm

nice, I posted on the website before emailing
noticing that was VERY good timing!

I did no such pairing of players, I assigned as many powers as possible where requested
the BIG powers were assigned to those who have played before and those who I know are very active
that's the end of my balancing, no such deep thoughts on my part, I don't think I'm that smart!?
Ambassador

Post 03 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

I was remarking that it was coincidence - you said "just wait" to see who those powers were, and I think it fits them based on a recently finished game on OTTO, that's all. :-)
Adjutant

Post 04 Nov 2011, 10:20 am

Admiral Corncob reporting in... currently controlling the units of Purgatory but awaiting reassignment...
Administrator

Post 05 Nov 2011, 12:47 pm

Power Assignments:
beer power assignments4.png
Emissary

Post 06 Nov 2011, 3:53 am

GMTom wrote:a good question, one we never ran into to date!
I have to think about that

You OWN the center
But it's under bombardment, it can't support any units so how could it "support" (as in offer refueling and maintenance support) the wing unit? It seems to me to make no sense to allow the wing to be in operating range. I'm siding with disbandment in this example as it seems to make sense and that's how I prefer to judge such things.
(now just wait until you see who these people are that get plugged into your example)

I think I am not siding with you Tom. French pilots are known to land and take off under heavy fire... (and bugger off), but take French Guyana. I could arrange with Brazil that we both bomb our centers and then both wings are technically disbanded and we could rebuild proper units...
I dont think that is how you want us to play... If Brazil captures my center with an army, then they drop out of the skies, but not if they are just flying over it...
Administrator

Post 06 Nov 2011, 8:43 am

No, this is indeed how I prefer it to be. It does make more sense than your example. If you can arrange for that, then go for it. We could come up with examples of how you can work around rules for just about everything, In the standard game you see the odd forced disbandment chosen to disband OTB so he can rebuild at home, not a "normal" situation but rather one working the system (getting attacked by superior force is not usually a good thing, but here it is working around the rules to ones benefit)...same here. I am going with what makes sense, if a city is under bombardment, then the airstrips are closed, the wing can not refuel and it drops from the skies.
Besides, working it so you need to actually attack each others centers, that's no easy decision to make and could just as easily be a first move towards a big stab, if you can work this to your advantage, then work it baby!
Ambassador

Post 10 Nov 2011, 1:41 am

Tom, are we going to get a little forum space for this NWO game?

It's just that I'm not sure my multimedia presentation on Angola's wondrous marvels will translate well through the emails.
Administrator

Post 10 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

I have asked a few people
nothing yet
I used to be able to do this myself, not since the switchover though.