Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 05 Jan 2015, 7:20 am

Happy New Year everyone! It's time to start grabbing the final spots as we wrap up recruitment. Only a few weeks left, so grab a spot while you still can!
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 7:06 am

Ok, so the "Last Call" methodology isn't working out as well as I'd hoped. Perhaps this is why I'm not in marketing. In any case, one of our recent signees will be away until the beginning of February, so the start date will be pushed out a week or two. We're still shy on headcount as well, so if you know a guy/gal who knows a guy/gal who knows a guy/gal, send them my way.
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 7:39 am

I'll have a seat...prefer a comfortable one with armrests sporting attractive red buttons, but I'll be happy with someplace no one else wants to go....do we get planets in this one?
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 8:16 am

I'm ready to get my hands dirty one more time. Count me in!
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 8:18 am

Comrade Paul wrote:I'll have a seat...prefer a comfortable one with armrests sporting attractive red buttons, but I'll be happy with someplace no one else wants to go....do we get planets in this one?

Not this time, but I'm suddenly filled with the desire to turn the Star Wars Galaxy into a Diplomacy map.
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 8:18 am

Mabbas wrote:I'm ready to get my hands dirty one more time. Count me in!

Well, its about damn time.....er...I mean, welcome aboard Mabbas! Glad to have you.
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 9:44 am

no planets! That's disappointing. But lots of stars I see. ulp.
Emissary

Post 08 Jan 2015, 10:50 am

So who do we have so far ? I'm sure we all must know one or two who aren't on the list that we could pester into joining.
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 10:59 am

I've been updating the list as we go, but since its on the previous page, I suppose it doesn't hurt to bring it forward:

RM
Fred Olowin
Stephan Dijkhof
Rob Goodwin
Steve Tedesco
Dag Hammarsjkold
Dario Rosenstock
Gareth Elms
Ichthysghoti
ColonelAngus
Dave Sullivan
David Ling
Rob Draniczarek
Ruffhaus8
Illum
Matthew Shields
Tiresias
Alexander Vlk
hmcclain
patrickpweeks
George Janes
LakersFan
Nuraxi
Douple Capitals
Hellerhoneybee
Feanor
ComradePaul
Mabbas
kendercommander
KingSolomon9
Aaron Hallquist
RGDiplomacy
pjkon
georgeatkins
Ender
DayMan
Last edited by Sendric on 26 Jan 2015, 12:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Emissary

Post 08 Jan 2015, 12:45 pm

Well I can think of at least three players who were in the last game and also played in the last Redscape tournament who aren't on that list. Surely one of them would be up for it. I daresay I could come up with a few more. How many more slots do we need to fill ?

Edit: I've emailed 4 people that I know were in the last game (Machmstr, Javelin, Crowcabinetmaker and Georgeatkins). Hopefully one or two will get involved (always assuming the old email addresses I have are still valid, which they probably aren't).
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

Sassenach wrote:How many more slots do we need to fill ?

The map as currently drawn out has room for 13 more players. We can easily reduce that number, though, by removing some of the E-level nations. 10 more would be ideal, but we could probably get by with 8 or 9 more with a little extra fiddling around. Thanks for reaching out. The more, the merrier. I do have a couple listed as tentative additions as well which I've included in these figures.
Dignitary

Post 08 Jan 2015, 1:31 pm

Sassenach wrote:Well I can think of at least three players who were in the last game and also played in the last Redscape tournament who aren't on that list. Surely one of them would be up for it. I daresay I could come up with a few more. How many more slots do we need to fill ?

Edit: I've emailed 4 people that I know were in the last game (Machmstr, Javelin, Crowcabinetmaker and Georgeatkins). Hopefully one or two will get involved (always assuming the old email addresses I have are still valid, which they probably aren't).

Well, I wouldn't mind getting nuked once again (or twice again, as it were), but I am currently in 3 games and I really have no time to take another under my wing, even this one. When is this planning to start, by the way? That might alter my position.

George
Dignitary

Post 08 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

It has been a while since I've done any diplomacy, so I may as well jump straight into the deep end again, right? Presuming there's still some scraps left, saddle me with some country nobody else wanted =v (michaelfaraday [at] live [dot] com)
Emissary

Post 08 Jan 2015, 2:00 pm

When is this planning to start, by the way? That might alter my position.

Some time in early Feb seems to be the most likely.

I'm sure you could handle it. The first month or so isn't super-demanding anyway.
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2015, 4:06 pm

kendercommander wrote:It has been a while since I've done any diplomacy, so I may as well jump straight into the deep end again, right? Presuming there's still some scraps left, saddle me with some country nobody else wanted =v (michaelfaraday [at] live [dot] com)

You got it! One terrible country coming right up!

PS Assignments are random, of course, but I do take requests. I just limit the options based on that request when making the assignment.