Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 21 Mar 2014, 8:28 am

Note: Inaugural race has begun. If you are interested in a future race or wish to be considered for substitute driving (if needed), please post below.

A new game for Redscape!

We already have forums with everything you need to know on how to play: http://www.redscape.com/viewforum.php?f=83.

Several of us will be running a test lap to get some of the glitches out of the system - primarily ordering procedures and making spiffy graphics. If you would like to participate in the test lap, which should last about one month, please let me know by posting here or via email. I will be posting turn results (with 'maps') in the forums.

If you would like to join the circuit, we'll be starting up when we have about eight drivers.. A reasonable limit is probably twelve but if we go over that, a second circuit is possible. A circuit is typically three races. Longer term, multiple circuits would allow for ranked leagues with promotion and relegation.

For stats junkies, this will lend itself well to that addiction. I will be keeping detailed race statistics for publication.

If interested, post below or email (mpolcen *at* verizon *dot* net). Come play on the asphalt!
Last edited by SLOTerp on 02 May 2014, 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Mar 2014, 8:02 pm

The test lap will begin Thursday, March 27th.

Since it's only a test I revealed car builds early. Brad built in flexibility with above average acceleration & deceleration, gave up some durability, and added extra driving skills. Kal also went for flexibility, put some extra octane in his start speed, and ceded some driving skills. I went for acceleration & top speed (who needs brakes) and went average elsewhere. Pole position will be determined once the field is set.

Not much time left to join the test but plenty of time before we start a circuit. Watch the race unfold in our forums.

Car builds and the Monaco race track are in this thread.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Mar 2014, 6:13 am

We have five, plenty for our test lap, but a few more would be even better!

Whoever is in the field by tonight will bid on start position & any Johnny come lately's will fill in at the back.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Mar 2014, 3:02 pm

The schedule is set (see test lap forum).

If you join by tonight you'll get to put a bid in for start position. If you join between tonight and the start of the race, you go to the back of the field.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Mar 2014, 11:12 am

The starting grid is set but you can still join at the back of the field if you wish to play. If so, I'll need a car build, color selection, and a turn one plot order by Friday at 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT).

Gentlemen, start your engines!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 28 Mar 2014, 9:54 am

The test lap has begun. I will keep this announcement open for the upcoming inaugural Redscape Grand Prix. The Grand Prix will include three circuits of three laps each (run consecutively, not concurrently).

The Grand Prix should start in about a month. We're looking for up to a dozen drivers.

If you wish to watch a race unfold first, you can do so here: http://www.redscape.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2553&p=31456#p31456

First turn summary:
Kal jumps out in front, passing Brad and his pokey start speed. Dan also passes up Brad, setting Brad up for a slipstream. Mike rolls the dice to increase his start speed by 20 mph to catch Brad (success). Dave pulls up to Brad & Mike, making it three wide going into turn 1.

This is going to get mighty interesting as we enter the narrow portion of the track!
MonacoT1.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 09 Apr 2014, 11:20 am

Recruiting for the inaugural Redscape Grand Prix has begun. The test lap is half over and should be complete in two weeks. The Grand Prix will start sometime in May assuming we reach our goal of about ten drivers.

If you'd like to be in on the set-up discussion (track selection, optional rules, etc...), please check in at our forums: http://www.redscape.com/viewforum.php?f=83

Post below or email if you'd like to play.

~ mpolcen ~ at ~ verizon ~ dot ~ net
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 11 Apr 2014, 11:27 am

Two slots left...

By the way... we had a spinout in the test lap. Way to go Kal!
Ambassador

Post 11 Apr 2014, 11:31 am

SLOTerp wrote:Two slots left...

By the way... we had a spinout in the test lap. Way to go Kal!

It IS a test lap after all, gotta test your adjudication mettle. ;-)
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 17 Apr 2014, 10:12 am

I will finalize the field next Monday (April 21st). We have eight confirmed drivers and one unconfirmed. I will take up to twelve but whatever we have on Monday will be it. The race will begin on May 5th.

The test lap saw its second spinout thanks to some risk-taking by Redscape's fearless leader, Brad!
MonacoT9.gif
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Apr 2014, 2:18 pm

I'm locking in the field tomorrow - last chance!!

I unveiled the new, F1-style cars today:
F1cars.jpg
Adjutant

Post 23 Apr 2014, 4:45 am

Is it too late to join now?
(doublecapitalsdiplomacy@gmail.com if you need to contact me)
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 23 Apr 2014, 4:57 am

Nope, you're in! I'm sending an email for confirmation.