Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 07 Oct 2013, 8:16 am

A message I had got from David Sullivan...
................................................................................................................
Some of you know I was toying between running an Explore game and an NWO game. Now that we have more than 50 players getting back into the PBEM diplomacy swing again, I thought it would be good to give NWO a shot. It's been many years since we have had a full or nearly full NWO game run.

For those new to Redscape: NWO is 1000% better as a PBEM variant. The auto-run website versions are quite honestly sub-par compared to this. Trust me!

Couple of things:

1) The game will not run until late October, early November, for several reasons, which I won't get into here. Primarily, though, I want everything to settle down in Redscape Games to make sure that everyone has the time to play the game that they need.

2) I'd like to get an idea of how many players we'll have so I can design and balance the map. If you're interested, just send me a quick email saying you're in.

3) Please, please indicate what size of power you'd like: large, medium or small.

4) THE TWIST! Not 100% sure what the twist will be yet, although I am working it out now. There will be something new. I am looking for a few good men who are willing to take a risk and take on the role of the twist, if it becomes needed. The ideas I have in mind will be the equivalent to somewhere in between a medium and a large power. So let me know if you're interested in being the guinea pig.

Note: You must, must, must have experience in NWO to play these powers. I'm sorry this is exclusive but the twist could conceivably ruin the game for everyone if the players taking it on aren't up to the task.

For those unaware of what NWO is, it is a world variant of diplomacy based both on conquest and social interaction. I'll freshen up the rules and send them out to everyone when the game is closer to starting. Unfortunately, I'm on a train right now and they block my internet access to large images or videos, so I can't link a map. But if you google "NWO map", you'll see the starting map for Beer and an Airline, the most recent run of NWO on this site.

Once again, for those interested in playing, just send me a quick email indicating your interest. Cheers!
................................................................................................................

The basic games link:
http://www.freewebs.com/tomahaha/newworldorder.htm
Should you check this out you will also see a link to a simplified game. This game being hosted by David and not myself, I do not know what he plans on adding or subtracting from the game (and he has some new twists that I do not know anything about so they are also obviously not listed on this game link)

should you be interested, I would suggest you post your interest here, (do not contact me, I have nothing to do with the running of this game except for playing in it as an unknown mid to small power). It might be a good idea to post a power size request and your email so he can contact you.

A word of caution, this game is NOT balanced, some players have huge advantages and others are almost doomed to failure, many powers WILL be eliminated early! It also tends to devolve into a bit of foolish anarchy with nuclear bombs going off all over the world! Some will find the game incredibly stupid (hey, I designed it and I find it stupid myself!) but damn, does it have a big following of people who just love the game for some really odd reason and you know what, it IS fun in a crazy way!
Adjutant

Post 07 Oct 2013, 11:37 am

I would be interested in playing as either a Mid sized or Small country. I have never played the NWO variant but have two decades of casual on-and-off Diplomacy experience.
Dignitary

Post 07 Oct 2013, 5:05 pm

I have sent you the email. Im in