Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 24 Apr 2013, 6:45 pm

Hello all,

With the Advent of Rewritten History already 2 months in, I'm feeling confident enough to take up a second game to GM. The game I'd like to GM is actual a variant created by GMTom called Warpath. Information for the variant can be found here: http://www.freewebs.com/tomahaha/warpath.htm. This is an 11-player variant. Please let me know if anyone is willing to play. This is an Adjutant+ game.

This variant will require by-hand adjudication, so please bear with me as I work through this.

A few clarification points…

1. The countries will be randomly selected for each player. I will be using pieces of paper and a hat to ensure this randomness.
2. This will be a weekly game. The turnaround for retreats and builds will be 1 day for each (standard fare).
3. I will always send a return email noting that I have received your orders.
4. I will always try to send out a 24 hour email notice before Spring/Fall orders are due. (This process may be automated.)
5. I will not adjudicate a turn early unless EVERY player has marked their orders as "Final". Adjustments can be sent up until either the regular adjudication time or until the forum has been updated. The regular adjudication time will likely be 11:30pm depending upon the day.
6. I will always take the latest set of orders. I will not combine two sets of orders to make a "complete set". For example, if the second emails forgets to order a unit, that unit will hold even if it was supplied an order in a previous email.

The finalized schedule can be agreed upon after the 11 players have let me know their preferences. I will try to cater to the maximum amount of players without absolutely inconveniencing myself. I would prefer a Tuesday (moves)/Wednesday (retreats or builds if no retreats)/Thursday (builds if retreats) schedule.

Once a forum has been set up, I will post the starting maps, game information, player assignments, and send out an email letting everyone know when the first moves will be expected. This will likely be a week or so after the forum is set and the schedule has been decided.

Join my game, it'll be fun! :yes: (I make no promises on whether or not the game will be fun since I cannot control that aspect. You make your own destiny in that regards.)

Please let me know if you have any questions that I could answer that were not covered here. Thanks.

-Alpha
Administrator

Post 24 Apr 2013, 7:23 pm

I will throw my headdress in!
Adjutant

Post 24 Apr 2013, 9:12 pm

Awesome. Could you provide an email address for me?
Administrator

Post 24 Apr 2013, 9:43 pm

bbauska64 [at] yahoo.com
Administrator

Post 25 Apr 2013, 8:33 am

not signing up (one game at a time for me) but I was kind of shocked when I saw this, it was hardly play tested so you guys are guinea pigs!

The game was played without fleets (canoes) and simply lacked that "other unit" aspect it really needed. The rules were adjusted but never further played (to my knowledge but then again, others find this stuff and play elsewhere so who knows?)

The neat part about this map is how accurate it is. There are few accurate maps of American Indian Tribe areas, one slid into another, lots of blended areas and few were mapped well. So the areas are as accurate as possible with of course the exceptions of having to combine smaller tribal areas into the larger ones or you end up with hundreds and hundreds of spaces, the "importance" of one area over another is only for strategic game play reasons, it is not to say one tribe was more important than any other (sorry if you happen to be a Mohawk Indian or a fan of the Mohawks and you find it is not a supply center)
It took weeks and weeks of sorting through maps and combining multiple pieces of such geography to come up with this map, I do hope you appreciate and enjoy that aspect even if the game ends up being a loser!
Dignitary

Post 25 Apr 2013, 7:32 pm

Okay, I'm in, kemosabe!
My email: georgewrites AT outlook-DOT-com
Dignitary

Post 29 Apr 2013, 3:29 pm

I'll throw my hat into the ring. It's been a while since I played diplomacy

Email: diarmaiddeburca at gmail dot com
Emissary

Post 05 May 2013, 10:57 am

It doesn't look like this game is filled yet. I"m in if you need any more players. turtleparkdesigns at yahoo.com

dh
Adjutant

Post 07 May 2013, 9:04 pm

Thanks everyone for your interest. We currently have 4 of the required 11 players.
Emissary

Post 09 May 2013, 1:58 pm

I have my doubts about whether this canoe dynamic will really work, but I'd be willing to give it a go.

rob.a.goodwin @ gmail
Ambassador

Post 16 Jul 2013, 7:43 am

Sounds intriguing. Count me in (wgc [at] sendric [dot] com).
Adjutant

Post 21 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm

I haven't been on this site, or played diplomacy in what feels like years.

Is this game still alive? Looks like a few months now since the GM first posted...

But I'd like to play: dariorosenstock AT gmail DOT com
Administrator

Post 22 Jul 2013, 11:05 am

I will give it a try as well

bbauska64 (at) yahoo.com
Adjutant

Post 22 Jul 2013, 7:15 pm

I'm still interested in GMing this game. It's just be a challenge to get people to agree to play an un-tested GMTom variant that requires 11 players. bbauska, did you want to play two different tribes? :razz: You were the first to agree to play (oh so long ago)!
Dignitary

Post 22 Jul 2013, 7:49 pm

bbauska, did you want to play two different tribes

That's fine with me, as long as I can play AND be the co-GM! :)