Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 28 Feb 2017, 12:30 pm

Redscape folks,

Championship Formula Racing (CFR), the re-implementation of Speed Circuit, will be hitting store shelves over the next few weeks (along with all the Kickstarter buyers getting theirs). I suspect our little racing league will be getting more attention in the near future. We are currently running three series and intend to open a fourth for season four, coming up in May. The waiting list is already a few deep so if you think you'd like to try this game out, let me know so I can get you on the wait list before it fills up. The additional circuit will allow you to jump right in at the start of the season. If there's enough interest, I can run a test lap for you as well.

PBEM CFR is similar to Diplomacy in that all turns are adjudicated simultaneously by a race marshal (RM). Unlike Diplomacy, there is no private deal-making, but it can occur in public. We operate on a 3-turn per week schedule with a race taking about 3 months to complete. Orders, or car plots in CFR parlance, take about 5 minutes or less to submit.

CFR @ Boardgame geek.

Final version of CFR rules.

Here's the first of three tracks to be run in season 4: Rouen, 1953

Doug Schulz, the designer of CFR, maintains a website with lots of tracks, driver standings, and a blog.

We have an international following, a dedicated bunch of drivers (many have contributed to the Redscape fund, helping to keep the lights on here), and several Redscapers have been actively playing for years now. Not to mention... it's a really fun game.

Post below if interested (or PM or email to sloterp <at> verizon <dot> net).
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Apr 2017, 8:19 am

We're about 3-4 weeks out and have about half a dozen spots left.

Novices welcome!

Also, if you live in the DMV area, I'm hosting a demo/game in Ashburn, VA on Saturday, May 6th @ 2 p.m. (Huzzah Hobbies).
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 04 May 2017, 8:20 am

We're starting up in 1-2 weeks and I've only got a few spots left out of 12.. If the expanded newbie circuit (C4) doesn't fill, we will not delay and just go with a smaller number.

It's a perfect time to jump in - we're starting a new season and the top four drivers at the end of the season will be promoted to C3, the next highest bracket.

Try something new, Redscapers!