Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 20 Feb 2015, 5:43 pm

Speed Circuit Rank System

2 points per completed lap (partial laps before 2nd time trap will not count)
-2 points per NPR
5 points for RM’ing a race (3 laps; pro-rated for longer/shorter races)

Jr. Amateur = Base
Amateur = 10 points
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I) = 30 points
Truck Series Driver (Pro II) = 60 points
Rally Racer (Pro III) = 100 points
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV) = 200 points
NASCAR Driver (Pro V) = 400 points
F1 Driver (Pro VI) = 750 points

- Rank points will be applied upon completion of each race.

Ranks current through April 5, 2020

Pros

Pros Apr 2020.png

Amateurs
Amateur Apr 2020.png
Ambassador

Post 21 Feb 2015, 3:43 pm

SLOTerp wrote:Other ideas? I set those who've earned their first promotion to 'Amateur' for now.

I think you should set your own rank as something like "Grand Poobah," Mr. RFR Commissioner. I mean, what? You're running RFR, RFL, and RBL too?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 04 Mar 2015, 12:15 pm

Yeah, I think I've found my Redscape niche.

I've given out promotions to those who've earned them so far (and don't already have a Diplomacy rank other than adjutant). At the end of Spa & GVM there will be more promotions to come.

For those who have Diplomacy ranks, I can switch you over to SC ranks if you prefer although I'm not summing the two together (it's a dual track right now). I would keep your Diplomacy rank on file if you wish to switch back. I would find it hard to give up my Dignitary title but I might consider it once I hit the Pro ranks in SC.

By the way, I included rank points for RM'ing, not to advance my own rank but, to incentivize RM'ing by others. Anyone is welcome to run races here whether for your own enjoyment or to experiment with different rules or variants. I'm waiting for someone to step up and develop a pod-race course with Tusken Raiders firing at you as you drive by. :guns: Not that rank points are a real incentive but it does recognize dedication to the hobby.
Ambassador

Post 05 Mar 2015, 2:59 pm

SLOTerp wrote:For those who have Diplomacy ranks, I can switch you over to SC ranks if you prefer although I'm not summing the two together (it's a dual track right now). I would keep your Diplomacy rank on file if you wish to switch back. I would find it hard to give up my Dignitary title but I might consider it once I hit the Pro ranks in SC.

Yeeeaahhh.... I suspect that I'll stick with my Diplomacy Rank for quite a long time. :grin:
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 10 Sep 2015, 5:40 am

Ranks updated through Istanbul. Several promotions to Amateur came out of C2 with some more to come after Suzuka. Some folks in C1 will be moving up to the pro ranks upon completion of Suzuka.

Remember that these are only Redscape dedication ranks with points achieved through successful completion of laps without NPR's. For 'quality', Doug keeps competitive rankings on all drivers from three different series and the WBC's here: http://lucidphoenix.com/sc/rank/. These are due for an update soon with 2 races to add from here, 4 or 5 that Doug just finished, and the WBC's.

Kal and I are also earning points from RM'ing the races. If you have an interest in trying your hand at marshalling, let me know and we can set up a race for you.

If you are not listed, it is because you haven't registered at the site. I'll publish and adjust your rank if you choose to register.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Jan 2016, 12:18 pm

Redscape ranks updated through Suzuka (C1 & C2) & Buenos Aires.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Apr 2016, 8:34 am

Ranks updated through the Philadelphia race.
Ambassador

Post 22 Apr 2016, 9:46 am

SLOTerp wrote:Ranks updated through the Philadelphia race.

Is Monza included also?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Apr 2016, 10:27 am

Yep.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 May 2016, 2:43 pm

Ranks updated through the completion of season 3 (see top of thread). Kal moves up to Pro 2, Jim makes Pro 1, while Simone gets to drop the Jr. from his title.

As a reminder, these are dedication rankings based on laps run (less NMR's) and RM'ing races. Performance has no bearing. I am open to changing the titles so post some suggestions if you have any.

Kal and a few others will retain their Diplomacy titles unless otherwise instructed.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 15 Oct 2016, 6:24 am

Rank points have been updated now that all Mexico races are complete. New ranks have been applied to those earning promotion. Many drivers moved into the pro levels (dirt track+).

Kal, Jim, and I are moving up faster because we marshal races. These are dedication rankings and are not performance based. Speaking of which, we'll probably need another RM for season 4, to start mid-2017. Publication of CFR will, presumably, generate some interest in PBEM racing and our league. Please let me know if you're interested in donating your time and effort.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 08 May 2017, 10:45 am

Ranks updated through season 3 (May, 2017).
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 05 Oct 2017, 6:03 am

I've updated everyone's rank through Rouen & the RROC (I'm assuming no NPR's in the remainder of C4).

I really don't care much for the rank titles. I'm thinking maybe we can use F1 drivers names as ranks.

Something like this...

Senna (Pro VI)
Fangio (Pro V)
Clark (Pro IV)
Schumacher (Pro III)
Prost (Pro II)
Stewart (Pro I)

I'm not familiar with F1 drivers so these are not final. Thoughts? Do you even care?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 08 Oct 2017, 8:30 pm

Don't really care that much. Seems like an interesting way to do them, thought I think I'd prefer something closer to the original, maybe going more along the lines of general ranks...I dunno what would work in that case thought outside of maybe, Pro V and Pro VI being something like "Top League Rookie", "Top League Veteran"
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 25 Jan 2018, 8:15 am

As race 2 results come in, I'll update the Redscape ranks (titles).

Also, Doug has recently updated his 2018 driver rankings. I expect another batch update over the next month or so as his series finishes it's current season and the Castellet races get included.

Blog post on rankings
http://lucidphoenix.blogspot.com/

Full Rankings
http://lucidphoenix.com/sc/rank/