Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 07 Feb 2014, 9:11 am

Good morning all! We, the people of Vietnam, united under our hysterical dictator Javelin (yes that's a Vietnamese name :cool: ) greet you.

We look forward to many years of mutual co-operation and act as a rallying cry to all minor powers worried by the strength of their bigger neighbours. After all, if tiny Vietnam can defeat the mighty United States then so can you! :wantsome:

On a more serious note, my time is somewhat limited right now and I have a lot of emails to reply to. So don't worry if I haven't gotten around to you yet - I'm not ignoring you, I'm just a little busy right now. RL and all that...
Administrator

Post 10 Feb 2014, 12:50 pm

haha, how's this for an early exit...

Our Vietnamese player has asserted his claims over all supply centers in SE Asia. His claim is they are closer to his "capital" than our capital so they belong to him and any and all who dare enter SE Asia are enemies. So Rangoon (3 spaces equidistant from both of us) is his and any attempt to take is will be an act of war.

Well, mister one army power, braggadocio is probably not the BEST way to make friends & influence people is it? Maybe you should tell the UK that he best stay away from everything in the area, aftrer all. London is so very far away and you made your demand clear! UK must stay out of BNK and HO both. China? You too better say away and hey, based on his claim, Yunan is next to his capital, it's 4 from your capital....other owned centers don't matter.

Looks like war!
Ambassador

Post 10 Feb 2014, 1:22 pm

Well that's an interesting take on it. India states that his price for peace is Rangoon in Indian hands - an SC 3 spaces from his border but adjacent to others that I would hope to take and hold as a compact Vietnamese homeland. :angel:

Of course, peace-loving India will simply sail a single, non-threatening Fleet into the harbour and plant a flag. I could live with that. :cool:

Or will he send many units, picking up Bhutan, Dhaka, Mdl and Ann in the process before marching into Rangoon and then stopping, vowing to go no further. Should he do that, would anyone believe his intention for peace with Vietnam? What else is he going to do with those units, attack China? :eek:

If Vietnam falls early then so be it. As an "F" class power sandwiched between India, China and Pirates it is to be expected. But if we die we die on our feet resisting the foreign invader. Do that, and we might just get lucky, as the US found 40 years ago. :yes:
Adjutant

Post 10 Feb 2014, 1:32 pm

Gentlemen, gentlemen, clearly the easiest solution would be to allow the crown to take control of those pesky "voting" provinces? I assure you the Queen will take good care of all the inhabitants! :grin:
Dignitary

Post 10 Feb 2014, 1:33 pm

Javelin, dude, you know he invented this game, right? Even if you win, he's going to pull some crazy zombie-pirate rule out of the rule appendix (you don't know about the rule appendix?) which will allow him to reanimate his destroyed fleets, or some such. Best to give him what he wants and ask for mercy.

And, Tommy, know that Sweden's got your back here.
Ambassador

Post 10 Feb 2014, 3:15 pm

Javelin wrote: What else is he going to do with those units, attack China? :eek:

Unlikely. As a pre-caution, though, we have banned all 7-Eleven's and placed all gas stations under direct control of the federal government.
Adjutant

Post 10 Feb 2014, 5:57 pm

Everybody take a step back, a deep breath, and calm down... obviously these and all nearby votes, supply centers, and ocean territories are claimed by the Pacific Pirates, so you're arguing over nothing.

edit: "Adjutant"?! It's bad enough that I can't find a single avatar with a sedge hat and machete to represent the pirates, but now my rank has vanished!
Administrator

Post 10 Feb 2014, 7:09 pm

zombie pirates were none of my doing, if I had anything to do with it, you would have seen some zombie Swedish bikini team pirates!
Adjutant

Post 10 Feb 2014, 7:09 pm

Admiral Corncob wrote:
edit: "Adjutant"?! It's bad enough that I can't find a single avatar with a sedge hat and machete to represent the pirates, but now my rank has vanished!

<--------- Mine too
Administrator

Post 10 Feb 2014, 10:01 pm

speaking of avatars, is Admiral Corncob roasting a crap-load of marshmallows on a long stick?
and who is banning 7-11's? what? No Slurpee's?
I love those damned things, true story, when my girls would score a goal in soccer or lacrosse I would get them a slurpee of their choice. (usually some giant blue thing) it was cheaper than ice cream, it had a few less calories (though not healthy in any way) had no fat vs Ice cream and it was more refreshing after a tough game.
If I do invade Vietnam (or China for that matter?) My troops will be rewarded with Slurpee's of their choice! No way can we lose now!!!

Indian Soldiers: