Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 04 Feb 2014, 3:19 pm

Maps are too large to post on to this forum. Please click the link below, which will open up the map:

http://i.imgur.com/zLo3X6L.png

Here is a blank map:

http://i.imgur.com/zXWngA8.png
Dignitary

Post 04 Feb 2014, 3:28 pm

Some key differences you'll notice from previous NWO maps:

- Hawaii is now an unowned voting SC to start the game. This is highly unrealistic but has been added for game play reasons. I have tried to spread some votes around the world a little more equally. On that topic, you may be interested to know that that the Americas combined, Europe and Africa all have 17 votes. Asia/Oceania has 26.

- The North Atlantic has been remapped to essentially make the northern regions more "user-friendly".

- Canada was strengthened significantly. This isn't some silly patriotic streak on my part :laugh:. This is because Canada has historically had difficulty defending against the USA. While the original response was to make Canada a lower classification to make it a more attractive voting partner, I have gone a different route and just made it stronger in the first place. Ideally, this will balance out North America a little better.

- China now owns Khartoum (Sudan). This is not exactly realistic, as China's interests in the region are largely economic rather than militaristic. However, the Chinese unit there balances out the original mapping problem that China was handcuffed by Russia (if Russia played their cards right). Now China is on equal footing with Russia.

- Colonies have been significantly flipped around. Aside from China and Khartoum, France has another colony in Djibouti and the UK has lost Goose Bay in favour of Belize. Both UK and France start with equal SCs and colonies.

- The pirates are located on the differently-coloured sea zones in the Atlantic, Indian and Pacific oceans respectively. Note: While Indochina appears very empty, you'll notice some mapping differences and changes that bring Sri Lanka and the Philippines closer, as well as adding an Australian unit. It's not as empty as it seems.

- African and South American countries have been flipped around a little bit. We say goodbye to Colombia, Peru, Chile, Senegal, Algeria and Libya, and say hello to Ecuador, Bolivia, Tunisia and Mali.