Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 23 Nov 2013, 7:06 pm

danivon wrote:Like you I'm not religious. However, on the second part the reality is that while you may not believe in politics (perhaps you mean any party as being better than another, or politicians having integrity, or in any particular ideology), but politics has an effect on your life whether you like it or not.

And no, we don't get out alive. So other than 'living', does that mean there's nothing to do in life worth anything?

Yes politics affect me whether I like it or not. When I was younger, I had a leaning towards the Liberal view point here in Australia. However as I've gotten older I've come to realize that Liberal or Labor, doesn't matter. Big business and big industry win regardless of who's elected to power.

As far as living life. I'm going to steal a quote from one of my all time favorite movies Brave Heart. The scene at Edinburgh castle after William Wallace led the Scots to victory at Stirling. William Wallace says to Robert the Bruce. ''Aye every man dies. But not every man really lives''. How many of us have dreams, that are achievable, but never actually pursue and achieve them? How many of us sit at the bar with some mates while the cutest girl you've ever seen sits on the other side of the bar making eye's at you. How many of us continue to sit at the bar with our mates and let that window of opportunity close on our life forever? You have nothing to lose and absolutely every thing to gain from pursuing your dreams, going up and saying Hi to that cute girl at the bar. Live life, you never get out alive.

Ozzie.
Ambassador

Post 24 Nov 2013, 4:36 am

When you are married, you do have something to lose in that situation.
Adjutant

Post 24 Nov 2013, 11:13 pm

danivon wrote:When you are married, you do have something to lose in that situation.

Yes. But why are you married? Because you had the kahoona's to walk over to the cute girl at the bar. You sir have lived... At least a little :-).

Ozzie.