Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 27 Sep 2013, 1:59 pm

I want to refer the players to this awesome post by Geezer Guy:

http://redscape.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&p=28049#p28049

GMs can't win, but we can lose when we screw up. We often have no better idea than anyone else what's going on in the course of the game. When we have no communication and just a empty move order each turn, where's the fun in that? You might as well be playing with a computer.

Our payment is what happens in our forum. It's the press, the interaction that all can see. If you have an empty forum, populated only with moves, you have a sad GM :cry: . So don't have a sad GM, have some fun while you're kicking some booty and pay your GM what he's due. Write in your forum, and try to be funny. Bolshoitoyou! (Nice one Guy!)
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 27 Sep 2013, 3:42 pm

You know, I was just thinking about this very thing today.

Redscape Games is now our signature tournament (ala Patriot Games of years past). This event has brought new players in but if we're going to keep them around and expect them to pass the word to others, we really need to show them what makes us stand out.

So... show your best public side (privately, be the lying bastards you probably are) and put in an honest effort. Don't mail this one in, gents (well, just your orders).

Yeah Redscape!
Dignitary

Post 14 Dec 2013, 6:44 am

geojanes wrote:Our payment is what happens in our forum. It's the press, the interaction that all can see. If you have an empty forum, populated only with moves, you have a sad GM :cry: . So don't have a sad GM, have some fun while you're kicking some booty and pay your GM what he's due. Write in your forum, and try to be funny.

I dunno about the rest of you but my players are a bunch of deadbeats. They better have really good EoGs.
Dignitary

Post 18 Mar 2014, 8:01 am

geojanes wrote:
geojanes wrote:Our payment is what happens in our forum. It's the press, the interaction that all can see. If you have an empty forum, populated only with moves, you have a sad GM :cry: . So don't have a sad GM, have some fun while you're kicking some booty and pay your GM what he's due. Write in your forum, and try to be funny.

I dunno about the rest of you but my players are a bunch of deadbeats. They better have really good EoGs.

For the record, they did a pretty good job on the EoG's. Got 5 of the 7 and only one surviving player demurred, but he's running the NWO game, so I cut him some slack.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Mar 2014, 6:29 am

4 EOG's here.

I think the art of the press is disappearing. It might be useful to create the anonymous poster we've had in the past - perhaps dark press is our forte?! I could create one for games I run but since there's already one out there (I think), we just need a public password.