First off thanks to the GM, its always appreciated when people take the time to run these games and this is no different. Cheers.

This is my second game in a row as Italy in this tournament so I'm praying it means I don't see it again for a while, I find it a real frustrating power and this game proved to be one of the most frustrating I've played in.

It started fine, a loose agreement with Austria and Russia for a 3-way with the clear goal that it would eventually form into an RI. But that went haywire in the first fall when Russia pulled the wool over Turkeys eyes and forced Bulgaria for the Austrian. This single move was probably the key driver for the breakdown of Eastern relations. Without it an Italian fleet in AEG/EMD would have been critical.

Anyway, Austria got greedy and decided he didn't need Italian help in Turkey and wouldn't even share Greece. I was left with few sensible options. The stab on Austria came and I still cant figure out if Russia was surprised by it or not. I know I was surprised by how much Russia then locked himself to the fate of Austria.

So, Turkey was my new friend. I had saved him from certain death, but unfortunately, much like the Austrian the green eyes lit up a little too bright in him and his demands became disproportional to the position of the alliance, from my perspective at least and it had to end.

Which brings us to the end game and the pursuit of a 17-17. This time it was Englands turn to frustrate. lip service was paid but he never made one single positive move that indicated a desire to go for it. I couldn't understand it personally but I'm sure Monte has his reasons.

I feel bad for taking Bobs last SC now that we ended with the 4-way DIAS. I'd have preferred to spare him had I know England was content to end early.

So, thanks to all for the game. And well done to France and Russia for hanging on there till the very end.

Cheers,
Dave