Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 27 Jun 2011, 10:53 pm

The navigation required for joining a game is not very intuitive, but I figured it out and now it's a snap. It's easy when you know it, but when you don't, it seems like a lot of work.

I just signed up for my first game, but I had to take a rather circuitous route to get to the open games page over at the webdiplomacy area. Not every announced game has a link to its webdiplomacy counterpart, which it really should. But in general, I think it would be helpful to have access that required only one click from the forums area.

Perhaps, there could be a little icon down there in the bottom left corner that could take you directly to the webdiplomacy home page (with no sign in required). That way, no matter where you were in the forums, you could get there at anytime.

For example:

REDSCAPE | WEB DIPLOMACY | Profile/Messages/Members/Posts | LOGOUT: MABBAS

or

REDSCAPE | WEB DIPLOMACY | Login | Register

Or maybe it's just me.

ALSO, non webdiplomacy games, i.e. forum games. Do we still do those? It appears so. But how does one get a game started that has a human GM? Is it the same deal, write Tom or Chad?

I wouldn't want to take away from the webdiplomacy effort, which I'm really excited about taking for a spin. But I do like GM'ing, and wouldn't mind seeing some Diplomacy action in the forums area.
Dignitary

Post 28 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Yeah, I have been wondering why there are no GM-based games, either. I've written Chad about the button-to-Otto deal and he says he will try to find some time to get on it but he's busy, of course. But yes, we need an easy way to flip back-and-forth.