Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2011, 7:04 am

Is there an estimated time frame for when game forums will be opened? My A Game of Thrones game is still active and we'd like to begin the Ultimate TOC to close out the TOC games.
Administrator

Post 10 Jan 2011, 7:04 pm

Hey Christine, we can open game forums (UTOC) anytime you're ready; I'll open a new forum for your GoT game later tonight.

I still need to setup the Attachment panel, but again, I can do that later tonight as well.

Lastly, re-register your GMChristine account so I can give you Admin privileges (if you wish).
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 11 Jan 2011, 1:22 pm

Any decision on where we can place forums for the three fantasy sports leagues? I post a lot of information in them and off-season discussion happens here.

As a reminder, they are:

Redscape Baseball League (SLOTerp)
Redscape Football League (SLOTerp)
Redscape Keeper League (Uhtar)
Administrator

Post 11 Jan 2011, 1:36 pm

SLOTerp wrote:Any decision on where we can place forums for the three fantasy sports leagues? I post a lot of information in them and off-season discussion happens here.

As a reminder, they are:

Redscape Baseball League (SLOTerp)
Redscape Football League (SLOTerp)
Redscape Keeper League (Uhtar)

You're all set! :smile:
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 11 Jan 2011, 2:29 pm

Incredible service. You must have too much time on your hands - get a job!
Administrator

Post 11 Jan 2011, 2:32 pm

Quite accurate: I'm actually unemployed at the moment, hence why I'm tackling the forum rebuild now.
Ambassador

Post 12 Jan 2011, 7:49 am

I've been posting i the new AGoT forum and have a question. Is there a sticky or announcement option that I just can't find? I like to have the board posted at the top of the page but can't figure out how to make it happen in these new forums.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 14 Jan 2011, 1:31 pm

I second that - would love to have 'stickies' and/or 'announcements'.
Administrator

Post 14 Jan 2011, 1:59 pm

christine wrote:I've been posting i the new AGoT forum and have a question. Is there a sticky or announcement option that I just can't find? I like to have the board posted at the top of the page but can't figure out how to make it happen in these new forums.

I'm still tidying the website, but when you click the "New Topic" tab, there should be a section below the SUBMIT button that reads "Post topic as:", and here you can designate a topic to either be an Announcement or Sticky.
Dignitary

Post 15 Jan 2011, 4:44 pm

I hate to sound a sour note, and I want to emphasize that I think this is a great website that Chad is putting together, but I do have to say that the stark contrast of the dark red wallpaper with the light grey text background is a bit hard on my eyes. Maybe I just need to soften the contrast or brightness settings on my monitor, but I have noticed myself rushing through my thread browsing here, and I've finally realized that it's because the site colours hurt my head just a little bit. If I'm the only one with this problem, no biggie. However, I thought I ought to mention it.
Administrator

Post 16 Jan 2011, 7:50 pm

slappy wrote:I hate to sound a sour note, and I want to emphasize that I think this is a great website that Chad is putting together, but I do have to say that the stark contrast of the dark red wallpaper with the light grey text background is a bit hard on my eyes. Maybe I just need to soften the contrast or brightness settings on my monitor, but I have noticed myself rushing through my thread browsing here, and I've finally realized that it's because the site colours hurt my head just a little bit. If I'm the only one with this problem, no biggie. However, I thought I ought to mention it.

Which "light grey text background" are you referring to? The New Post/Reply Post/Topic Review pages or the Quoted text or both? I'm still working on these areas.
Administrator

Post 16 Jan 2011, 8:08 pm

Ah, you meant the forum/topic list. I just made a color correction. I'll be making lots of final adjustments in the next 48 hours; also, there are more graphics being added to break the monotony of solid colors.
Dignitary

Post 16 Jan 2011, 8:11 pm

GMChad wrote:Which "light grey text background" are you referring to? The New Post/Reply Post/Topic Review pages or the Quoted text or both? I'm still working on these areas.

Actually, I guess I meant light beige. Just the off-whitish main area that forms the background for the text of the posts. I don't suppose this version of phpBB allows users to set their own colour scheme, eh?
Administrator

Post 16 Jan 2011, 8:18 pm

Yes and no: I have the user stylesheets option turned off. Have you refreshed your browser? Is it still just as hard to read the forums/posts (excepting the Quoted snippets)?

Edit: if you are using Chrome, you will have to restart the browser.

I'll see about color-adjusting the beige forum sections more.
Administrator

Post 16 Jan 2011, 8:29 pm

OK, I just darkened the text and changed the link colors. Again, refresh/restart your browser to see the changes (if you're currently online).