Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 02 Oct 2016, 1:23 pm

I suggest that the deadlines for orders, retreats and adjustments be at 3:00 p.m. eastern time (or earlier, or later) rather than at noon, because U.S. East Coast players seem unfairly benefitted with a mid-morning opportunity to check/review/send/confirm orders while players to the west are busy commuting or at work at that time. I know we will have players from all over the world in the game, but the current deadline seems to unnecessarily guarantee an unlevel playing field.

I learned the hard way how useless a U.S. East Coast noon deadline is when I once sent a correction at 11:00 am thinking the deadline was noon on the West Coast. I was out of luck since the deadline was 9:00 am West Coast, of course, and I remembered that thereafter, but the point is that I have no opportunity to do any Diplomacy after I go to bed the night before a 9:00 am weekday orders deadline.

Providing extra hours to some but not others is undesirable, and I recommend some modification. Since the deadline judge is the timestamp on the email, it would not hurt to even make the deadline 3:00 a.m. East Coast time, would it?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 02 Oct 2016, 1:30 pm

Scipio,

If this is for a specific game, Scipio, you should address it directly to the GM. There is no Redscape rule for this so all GM's create their own deadlines..

My deadlines are set based on when I anticipate being able to adjudicate the turn. I am sure this is true of most, if not all, GM's here.

I'm moving this topic to a more appropriate place...