Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 29 Dec 2010, 1:24 am

Welcome to the BETA version of the new Redscape website and a new server. I was hoping to have the whole kit & kaboodle ready by Monday morning, but I'm still trudging through all the forum and graphic updates. In the meantime, please excuse the dust and limited (perhaps broken) features; most issues will be resolved in a matter of weeks. I expect all the basic forum functionality and look to be completely finished in January so I may begin tackling the install of the automated Diplomacy adjudicator.

In the meantime, please register and notify me of your account creation if you're a veteran Redscaper. One of the Administrators will port over the majority of your forum stats (join date, # of posts, rank, etc) within a few days.

Your host, GMChad, will be traveling to Vancouver, Canada for NYE beginning tomorrow (Wednesday, 29 December) and won't be back until 2nd January. Upon returning, updates to the forums will resume in earnest.

Hope you enjoy the new Redscape "steampunk" resurrection! Thought it was time to spice things up and get away from the strictly historical WW1 styling. After all, this game is about alternate history. What better alternate history than a "Victorian" H.G.Wells, Jules Verne, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, etc. interpretation of what may have been? The romantic science-fiction interpretation allows for a lot more atmospheric potential. Expect strange new flags and other graphics to appear as history fails to repeat itself.

A toast to renewed beginnings!

Chad
Administrator

Post 29 Dec 2010, 2:32 am

For Redscapers wishing to access the old forum, you can find it here:
http://173.226.191.30/forum/

All forums are either locked or restricted to so that only moderators of forum games may post.

The old website will remain online throughout January (barring any data catastrophe) in order to process/port data over to this new website/server. Old forums + posts will NOT be ported over, unfortunately. The old forum data is outdated and corrupted, hence the "Redscape: Resurrection".

Also, there are still a lot of basic forum features which are currently unavailable (signatures, attachments, BBcode, etc) that will be restored in the following weeks. Hang tight!
Administrator

Post 29 Dec 2010, 8:45 am

Looking good so far,
It will take some getting used to but so far so good!

If you want me to start doing my share, just say the word!
...For now, I can't wait to check the new avatars and adjust my profile
Administrator

Post 29 Dec 2010, 8:53 am

Tom,

Just made you an Admin so you can log into the Administration panel.

There aren't many options right now (ie, avatars and such) as I didn't have time before I left to convert them all. Mainly, just trying to get people ported over while I finish the website graphics and forum features.

I'm leaving now for NYE holiday; will be back on Sunday to resume the website work. :D
Dignitary

Post 29 Dec 2010, 9:13 am

Looks great so far, Chad!
Dignitary

Post 29 Dec 2010, 9:58 am

Excellent. Nice graphics! I especially like the dreadnought/battleship (currently) on the right. And that winged skull logo does bear enough of a resemblance to the Austrian coat of arms to be a bit nostalgic. Soldier on.
Administrator

Post 29 Dec 2010, 10:03 am

Hey this is fun just to see the random avatar assignments (I assume they are random? since I can't find that yet) I did find the administration section, good lord, it's all different! I just looked at things, I aint touching anything until it is explained to me!!!
Administrator

Post 29 Dec 2010, 10:12 am

Hey lookie there, I found the avatar section! Just the macbre so far, this one reminds me of the dude in Rocky Horror!
Administrator

Post 29 Dec 2010, 10:39 am

Glad people like the Steampunk-esque style theme! Frankly, I grew bored of the rigid historical WW1 imagery; besides, most games are variants anyways. Expect A LOT of graphical enhancements and layout fixes the week after I get back (I return on sunday)..

Post 29 Dec 2010, 12:47 pm

Hi, Chad! I'm a returning Redscape Alum, so please restore what you can. Thanks. Looking forward to this great new site! Happy New Years weekend, by the way.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 29 Dec 2010, 1:06 pm

Looks Great!

Ole Pig checking in here. No need to port anything for me. I'll just start anew with this.
Ambassador

Post 29 Dec 2010, 1:27 pm

'Ere! Pigsy's dressed like a girl!
Dignitary

Post 29 Dec 2010, 1:30 pm

...said Whistler's mother.
Ambassador

Post 29 Dec 2010, 2:36 pm

Magister Equitum checking in. How's everyone doing?
Ambassador

Post 29 Dec 2010, 2:43 pm

Ah, very interesting. If you click the number tab on the side of the post, it provides you with a direct link. This will probably be helpful in referencing one another's messages, particularly with the long conversations that we sometimes get into.