Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 21 Mar 2014, 7:55 am

Hey All,

Redscape Games, Round 3 and the latest iteration of NWO have brought more life to Redscape than we have had in quite some time. In order to capitalize on this before everyone goes back to from where they came, a few of us have been kicking around a launch of several games around the same time to keep the momentum going.

Myself, Dario, and George Atkins are up for GMing a diplomacy game, and Mike/SLOTerp is gearing up to run some Speed Circuit races (check out the new Speed Circuit (AH) forum for details).

As Redscape's strength has historically been variants, I will be running a game of Ancient Med. If you're willing to run a game - diplomacy or otherwise, standard or variant - please post your willingness here so we can coordinate a roughly similar start date, and have a "wave" of new games to keep interest up.

And if you're not sure about running a game, but would love to play - keep your eyes here and at the New Game Openings forum.

Cheers,
Kal
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 21 Mar 2014, 8:11 am

I'll post the Speed Circuit game in 'Game Openings'. Don't want it to get lost at the bottom of the forums. While it's not anything close to Diplomacy, I think it complements the fantasy sports section well, a consistent element of Redscape over the years.

As mentioned in the other thread, I'll be taking a much-needed break from GM'ing Diplomacy. I'm sure I'll be back at it in the future (and god forbid, maybe even play again).

I really hope your efforts are a success, Kal!
Dignitary

Post 21 Mar 2014, 9:21 am

I had a pretty good time gm'ing Icy Blue Heart. I'd consider a minor variant like Fleet Rome or Milan that comes with Real Politick.
Adjutant

Post 23 Mar 2014, 11:24 am

If enough people express interest in playing and we don't have enough games to meet the demand, I'd be willing to GM a standard or variant game (within jDip).
Ambassador

Post 24 Mar 2014, 5:49 pm

Thanks for your willingness, guys!

I think we should do this kind of in a wave-style. I'll post my game soon, once it fills, the next game will open. If we go in order of expressed interest, that would mean George Atkins, Dario, George Janes, and then if there is demand, Dan.

As a side note, I may also be "digesting" my ancient med game in a Diplomacy Zine (Equinox by Heath Gardner, which is a sub-zine of Doug Kent's Eternal Sunshine... Doug is also the editor of Diplomacy World). The idea being two-fold, to give extra exposure to the game & hopefully Redscape, but also to add content to a new zine. We will see how it goes. Essentially, I'll put together orders, maps, and significant press that happens between issues (monthly), and it would run in be included for readers to follow along.
Ambassador

Post 25 Mar 2014, 4:41 pm

The Spring has begun! Gallio the Impartial has been opened for signups!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 25 Mar 2014, 5:22 pm

Any of our well travelled members care to help get the word out? There are several members who play at VDip and webDiplomacy.
Dignitary

Post 26 Mar 2014, 1:36 pm

Kal wrote:Thanks for your willingness, guys!

I think we should do this kind of in a wave-style. I'll post my game soon, once it fills, the next game will open. If we go in order of expressed interest, that would mean George Atkins, Dario, George Janes, and then if there is demand, Dan.

As a side note, I may also be "digesting" my ancient med game in a Diplomacy Zine (Equinox by Heath Gardner, which is a sub-zine of Doug Kent's Eternal Sunshine... Doug is also the editor of Diplomacy World). The idea being two-fold, to give extra exposure to the game & hopefully Redscape, but also to add content to a new zine. We will see how it goes. Essentially, I'll put together orders, maps, and significant press that happens between issues (monthly), and it would run in be included for readers to follow along.

I remember Doug Kent from way back in the PBM days. It's great, if not fantastic, to see him around, and hosting another zine, too. I may want to follow suit with your plan, Kal. I'll try to have my game up within the week. Did you go through Neal or Brad to get the forum up?
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Mar 2014, 2:16 pm

Speaking of forums, it might be time to archive some stuff. The Deadly Sins tourney ended 2 1/2 years ago. Embassy Sweets ended almost 2 years ago. If we're going to be active (or look it), dead forums don't help with that impression.

Maybe a new forum could be created where old games could be placed?
Administrator

Post 26 Mar 2014, 4:06 pm

SLOTerp wrote:Speaking of forums, it might be time to archive some stuff. The Deadly Sins tourney ended 2 1/2 years ago. Embassy Sweets ended almost 2 years ago. If we're going to be active (or look it), dead forums don't help with that impression.

I was thinking of doing just that. Having the final map and player data...
Dignitary

Post 26 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm

And where is GMChristine these days? Would she ever return to revitalize Game of Thrones or some kind of DIP? I never had a chance to get into one of those games, so I'm not sure how it worked out in this kind of setting. But I do miss seeing her, all the same. She is a great GM.
Ambassador

Post 26 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm

georgeatkins wrote:I remember Doug Kent from way back in the PBM days. It's great, if not fantastic, to see him around, and hosting another zine, too. I may want to follow suit with your plan, Kal. I'll try to have my game up within the week. Did you go through Neal or Brad to get the forum up?

I haven't requested a forum, yet, but Brad - can you hook me up? Make the second line say "Melee: Ancient Mediterranean variant" if possible.

I'm actually in a game with Doug, Deviant Diplomacy variant (though it's on hold for the moment...crazy variant). He doesn't say much, even though he is England to my France.

SLOTerp wrote:Maybe a new forum could be created where old games could be placed?

This is a great idea.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Mar 2014, 6:05 pm

bbauska wrote:
SLOTerp wrote:Speaking of forums, it might be time to archive some stuff. The Deadly Sins tourney ended 2 1/2 years ago. Embassy Sweets ended almost 2 years ago. If we're going to be active (or look it), dead forums don't help with that impression.

I was thinking of doing just that. Having the final map and player data...

Brad, if you're going to get in clean-up mode, how about deleting all those old forum game announcements? Only four are relevant (NWO replacement, Ancient Med, Speed Circuit, & Snake oil).

I might like to keep the Speed Circuit announcement there for awhile since our test lap will finish up in about a month and I'll need drivers for the Redscape Grand Prix.
Ambassador

Post 31 Mar 2014, 2:42 pm

Redscape Spring is Sprung! Gallio the Impartial is officially started!
Dignitary

Post 31 Mar 2014, 6:37 pm

And another new game announcement goes up: Hellas Bellus!