Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 14 Jan 2011, 11:00 am

Really nitpicky here. The Replies counter is including initial posts. Initial posts are not technically replies.

Yeah, yeah, get a life...

[edit] Ok, this seems to only be true for the board index, not within a forum.
Administrator

Post 14 Jan 2011, 2:00 pm

Yeah, noticed that myself. Not really sure why it does that, but I'm leaving it for now as insignificant.
Adjutant

Post 16 Jan 2011, 6:58 pm

The private messages' have issues dealing with the icons within them. I sent you (GMChad) a test message to show what I'm referring to.
Administrator

Post 16 Jan 2011, 7:48 pm

Yes, I still need to fix all the PM and User Profile pages. Will do so within the next 48 hours.
Dignitary

Post 17 Jan 2011, 9:06 pm

"Mark forum read" seemed to be working for a while, but now it seems to be broken again. Just FYI.
Administrator

Post 17 Jan 2011, 9:10 pm

Heck Tate wrote:"Mark forum read" seemed to be working for a while, but now it seems to be broken again. Just FYI.

If this was working for awhile and now it's not (or keeps breaking), it *might* have something to do with me constantly refreshing the board cache. Each time I do so there's the possibility that it is resetting your 'saved' forum post status.
Dignitary

Post 26 Jan 2011, 1:45 pm

Just FYI, I still can't get it to work.
Administrator

Post 26 Jan 2011, 1:50 pm

Heck Tate wrote:Just FYI, I still can't get it to work.

Ugh! Fell sick :sour: over the last few days, so little progress was made on the upgrades.

Anyways, until I'm actually finished with the major upgrades, that link might continue to remain "broken" (as I keep refreshing the forum cache).
Dignitary

Post 26 Jan 2011, 1:53 pm

No problem. Just "bug" reporting. :)
Dignitary

Post 29 Jan 2011, 11:26 am

This is more of a request/suggestion.

I think the Flag un the profile is really cool. I don't know if anybody would be interested in this or if it is at all possible but what about using the State flags as well?
Dignitary

Post 01 Feb 2011, 8:51 am

?? I wanted to start a new thread just now regarding anti-gov't protests in Jordan and Syria, but cannot find the button that would do it. Nor, for that matter, the one to add a new post to a thread - just the simple box at the bottom and the quote-a-previous-poster buttons. No stand-alone full-feature post button. I know they were there just a day or two ago. Am I overlooking them?? Did I forget where they were?? Or have they disappeared? There's got to be a way to add a new topic. I've searched like mad and tried looking at a variety of different forum screens (i.e. first page, last post, unread) but no luck.

Regarding the addition of a post to an existing thread, if you begin by typing in the "plain" window then hit "Preview" you get the full-featured window (with BBS). So a button for full-featured isn't absolutely necessary. (But would be nice.)

Chances are someone's doing some work on the site and by the time you read this everything will be back to normal and you'll think I'm nuts. :laugh:
Administrator

Post 01 Feb 2011, 4:10 pm

Good point on the full-featured window. I'll see about this, but I might do it a bit later (this week). You can always use the "Reply Post" tab for a full-featured version, but you're right, may as well include these as options at least.

Did the tabs to return? I WAS working on them last night. You may have to refresh/restart your browser (Chrome is particularly stubbon about clearing its cache) if they are still missing/invisible.
Ambassador

Post 02 Feb 2011, 1:57 pm

GMChad wrote:Good point on the full-featured window. I'll see about this, but I might do it a bit later (this week). You can always use the "Reply Post" tab for a full-featured version, but you're right, may as well include these as options at least.

Did the tabs to return? I WAS working on them last night. You may have to refresh/restart your browser (Chrome is particularly stubbon about clearing its cache) if they are still missing/invisible.

The tabs returned! Muchas gracias, Senor Chad!
Administrator

Post 02 Feb 2011, 7:17 pm

Yay!

This week should mark the end of the forum major upgrades, with only graphical enhancements following afterwards. Slowly plodding through the sections of the site which are still "Kitty-Wumpus". Also, even minor details like the options panel on the main "New Topic/Post Reply" won't be with a black background; just something that works for now until I get back to tackling it with an updated color scheme.

The clock tower will signal the onset of the automated system and Phase Two of the Redscape resurrection :phoenix:
Adjutant

Post 28 Mar 2011, 7:41 am

Congratulations on the new website. It looks awesome.