Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 30 Mar 2011, 3:51 pm

It seems that the maximum image size that can be displayed using the BBCodes is 600x600. I can understand why this might be useful from the standpoint of limiting bandwidth use, but it's a PITA.

I've not yet tried "upload attachment" - I'll test it right now to see if a larger image can be shown that way.

Members of the Venezuelan National Milita.jpg

Cool! Not only is that image 613 pixels high, but I'm able to place it "inline", meaning at whatever point within the text of my post I wish, and it seems I can do this with multiple files/images. I'll now test a really large image...

Ah! Maximum file size (not pixel dimensions) is 300Kb. I'll find something suitable to test...

2425896008.jpg

...hmm. The image appears when I hit "Preview" but at a reduced size. Maybe it's one of those deals where it appears small but can be clicked to reveal full size; so now to hit "submit" and see if that's true.

EDIT: yes, it works! Click on the hummer and you'll get a window to open with the large version shown. No scroll bar for me (Firefox 4.0) but rather use cursor to pan (grab and push around). The bad news: very slow.

EDIT: by right clicking on the image above I'm able to select "open in new tab" and thus get the pic open in a way where I still have access to the underlying page. This is going to be especially useful for game maps. Most browsers should, I'd think, be able to do the same with some variation on the details.

Cooleroony.
Emissary

Post 01 Apr 2011, 12:56 pm

How about an EOG forum for Otto games?
Dignitary

Post 03 Apr 2011, 11:10 am

Are there any plans to permanently repair the "Mark Forums Read" feature? I would use it regularly, if it were operational.
Dignitary

Post 03 Apr 2011, 1:09 pm

Whoops. Sorry, Chad. Never mind. I just realized that "Mark Topics Read" does work. That's good enough, I think.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 10 Apr 2011, 6:40 am

Chad, is there a direct link form the main page to the WebDiplomacy site? I have it in my favorites on the main computer but if I'm accessing from elsewhere, it's a hassle to find a link. (backwards link from Web Dip would be nice as well but less important)

Thanks.
Dignitary

Post 10 May 2011, 10:43 am

Chad,

There seems to be a little issue with PM's. When I hit send after clicking reply to message I get an error message that says
You must specify a subject when composing a new message.
The problem is there is no place for be to specify a subject in the reply to message window. I end up having to go out and compose a brand new message.
Administrator

Post 11 May 2011, 8:14 am

Yes, I need to fix that. I've been working on a second website as well as my full-time job and haven't done anything with updates for Redscape for a few months now. I'll fix the PM problem this weekend.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 04 Jun 2011, 8:15 am

Are forum moderators able to use 'Announcements' or 'Stickies'? If so I can't see where to do it.
Ambassador

Post 19 Jul 2011, 7:16 am

Chad, I'm trying to set up a new topic in the Hobby Forum, but every time I try to post I get:

"You must specify a subject when posting a new topic."

I am putting in a title, with no special characters. Has something changed recently?
Administrator

Post 19 Jul 2011, 7:59 am

danivon wrote:Chad, I'm trying to set up a new topic in the Hobby Forum, but every time I try to post I get:

"You must specify a subject when posting a new topic."

I am putting in a title, with no special characters. Has something changed recently?

Ah, I'm starting to do updates again to the website and apparently I inadvertently broke something while working on the PM Reply feature.

Should be working again now. :)