Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 05 Jan 2011, 10:24 pm

True, but it was alligned properly before for me using IE, so I think it is something you've changed recently rather than an inherent issue. However, in the meantime my laptop did download the newest Java update, so it's possible that that is somehow responsible instead.

Yes, it still looks all wonky. Sounds like Scarlatti has noticed the same issue too. For once it wasn't me who got it drunk ;)
Administrator

Post 06 Jan 2011, 7:13 am

OK, I think all the major IE issues (barring IE6, which I'm about to ban altogether) should be resolved. I haven't checked EVERY page, and there are a few graphic/text overlaps (this page header, for instance), but the really wonky problems should be cleared up. Let me know if you spot anything severely out of place (like hanging outside the white paper or collapsed in size). I'm sure there's something I missed since I haven't combed through the entire site with IE yet (won't do that until I get the design finalized).
Ambassador

Post 06 Jan 2011, 3:54 pm

Certainly seems back to the way it started. Good catch!
Adjutant

Post 06 Jan 2011, 9:06 pm

Chad, I was curious. When do you think the forum design will be flushed out enough to begin expanding the forums? Not only for other general topics, but active games as well.

I recently got a group of friends to start a game. Once I've gotten into the swing of GMing and their game gets wrapped up, I'd actually like to GM a game on Redscape (unless I go with a strange/simple game like Pure).
Administrator

Post 06 Jan 2011, 11:52 pm

I'm eager to begin hosting forum games, too! Let's begin hosting/resume forum games on Monday. That should be sufficient time for me to have worked on the forum updates. I'll make an announcement to this effect in a day or two.
Ambassador

Post 07 Jan 2011, 7:15 pm

Ok, two more minor issues I've noticed:

First, on the forum page it for each topic it states last post by (whoever), just as it did on the old site. However, now when clicking on that name you are not taken to their post but to their profile, unlike on the old site. This requires you to traack through the forum to get to the last post.

Second, I've noticed that once you open a forum on the top right there is a list of page numbers which you can click to jump to that page, as with most sites. Unfortuneately the links at the top seem to be too close to the "post reply" button, so whenever I click them I move to the reply screen. This is not a problem with similar tabs at the bottom of the posts.

These issues might be an IE thing since that's what I use, but I thought I should bring them to your attention either way.
Adjutant

Post 07 Jan 2011, 8:35 pm

Javelin, there's also an icon to the left of the thread title that if clicked sends you to the latest post within that thread. The bug you mentioned also happens with me and I'm running Safari.

Awesome, Chad! I'm eager to start up a game, but it'll probably be in a few months since I don't want to try to take on more than I can handle.
Adjutant

Post 07 Jan 2011, 8:49 pm

Chad, I have a hard time reading the BBCodes for the URL tag. The light gray makes it very difficult for me to see it against this background. Has anyone else had that issue or is it just me?
Dignitary

Post 08 Jan 2011, 5:58 am

Using safari on an iPad the red bar at the bottom of the page doesnt scroll with the page; just stays in the middle of the page.
Ambassador

Post 08 Jan 2011, 7:04 am

Good point about the icon Alpha, hadn't seen that. I know these are minor issues, but that's what beta testers are for right?
Administrator

Post 08 Jan 2011, 10:46 am

geojanes wrote:Using safari on an iPad the red bar at the bottom of the page doesnt scroll with the page; just stays in the middle of the page.

I noticed the same thing on my Android. I won't be addressing any mobile layout issues until after the forum design is finalized.
Dignitary

Post 08 Jan 2011, 11:20 am

Alpha wrote:Chad, I have a hard time reading the BBCodes for the URL tag. The light gray makes it very difficult for me to see it against this background. Has anyone else had that issue or is it just me?

I was just going to post in the bugs thread about changing the URL tag from gray to black. It is very hard to see the gray on the taupe background.
Dignitary

Post 09 Jan 2011, 11:10 am

Looking better every time I log in, Chad!
Ambassador

Post 09 Jan 2011, 3:29 pm

I'll second slappy! I'm checking in more frequently and am loving seeing the complete redesign evolve.

Links still looking too gray on the background, plus I wasn't able to start a thread in Variant Lab...

Also looking forward to the return of my avatar and his BIG FLUFFY HAT.
Administrator

Post 12 Jan 2011, 1:27 pm

geojanes wrote:Using safari on an iPad the red bar at the bottom of the page doesnt scroll with the page; just stays in the middle of the page.

I believe this is fixed (it's working properly on my Android now). Let me know!