Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 16 May 2013, 7:45 pm

I suspect the IRS is involved in this selective discrimination.
Ambassador

Post 17 May 2013, 1:55 pm

Like Doctor Fate, I went to the profile, and found the "update email/password" link, but when I click it, it just takes me back to the forums without letting me see or change the email, let alone the password.
Dignitary

Post 18 May 2013, 1:23 pm

King of Swords wrote:Like Doctor Fate, I went to the profile, and found the "update email/password" link, but when I click it, it just takes me back to the forums without letting me see or change the email, let alone the password.

I am having this same problem except instead of taking me back to the forum's it is taking me back to the old main screen, i.e. the winged skull with the words Redscape Resurrection on it.

I think this might be due to the fact that the screen is saying profile settings are now run through OTTO which I understand has been eliminated.
Ambassador

Post 18 May 2013, 2:11 pm

georgeatkins wrote:I suspect the IRS is involved in this selective discrimination.

I blame the State Department. :grin:
Ambassador

Post 18 May 2013, 2:22 pm

Btw, I'm trying something new: unsubscribing to topics, then resubscribing--just to see.

However, it does seem, logically, more likely that it's a hiccup from decoupling from Otto.
Dignitary

Post 06 Aug 2013, 8:28 am

Apparently the issue with password management is not fixed. Like others, I went to revise my password and it kicked me back to the main page. I think the command must be linking to the Otto routines, rather than the original Campus routine for password updating. But I really need to change my password!
Ambassador

Post 06 Aug 2013, 8:40 am

georgeatkins wrote:Apparently the issue with password management is not fixed. Like others, I went to revise my password and it kicked me back to the main page. I think the command must be linking to the Otto routines, rather than the original Campus routine for password updating. But I really need to change my password!

Why change it? I've enjoyed posting as you! :angel:
Administrator

Post 06 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm

George
I went and accessed the control panel. I know precious little of what to do there and I stay away like the plague! But I have in the past reset passwords for people and it appears I can still do so if you want me to try that for you. Drop me a line if you want me to try, you can give me the new password (I promise to quickly forget it) or I can rest it and advise you of this new password I make up that you can try to rest yourself?

Your call, I am happy to try whatever you like.
Administrator

Post 06 Aug 2013, 2:24 pm

georgeatkins wrote:Apparently the issue with password management is not fixed. Like others, I went to revise my password and it kicked me back to the main page. I think the command must be linking to the Otto routines, rather than the original Campus routine for password updating. But I really need to change my password!

I will try as well...
Dignitary

Post 13 Aug 2013, 11:38 am

Doctor Fate wrote:

Why change it? I've enjoyed posting as you! :angel:

Egads, no wonder everybody is laughing at me!!
Ambassador

Post 15 Aug 2013, 10:44 am

georgeatkins wrote:Egads, no wonder everybody is laughing at me!!

That's the price you pay.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Aug 2013, 9:22 am

Brad, could you delete all the old game announcements? I think having all those threads with games that have started / will never start / are over may be confusing to new folks.

I posted at v-dip to try and stir up some interest and one person noted some confusion. I'm hesitant to post at the much larger webdip site until there is clarity on our site.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Aug 2013, 11:43 am

Thanks for cleaning up the games! Er... however... I was referring to the announcements forum here:

http://www.redscape.com/viewforum.php?f=27
Adjutant

Post 25 Aug 2013, 2:06 pm

SLOTerp wrote:I posted at v-dip to try and stir up some interest and one person noted some confusion. I'm hesitant to post at the much larger webdip site until there is clarity on our site.

^^Good plan. vDip is much more open to new things (in general). However, if a few people lead a recruitment trip to webDip that is successful, then this site will be as/more popular than I understand it once was.

On a different note, may I request that there is some way to display national/historical flags? Like maybe in the portrait background or underneath the profile picture? I feel like that would allow for more customization, rather than allowing thirty-five Czar Nicholas II's to run around, maybe only three of them are from the Phillipines, a few from the States, one from the Ottoman Empire, etc.
Dignitary

Post 26 Aug 2013, 5:46 am

Tombuscus wrote:
SLOTerp wrote:On a different note, may I request that there is some way to display national/historical flags? Like maybe in the portrait background or underneath the profile picture? I feel like that would allow for more customization, rather than allowing thirty-five Czar Nicholas II's to run around, maybe only three of them are from the Phillipines, a few from the States, one from the Ottoman Empire, etc.

Actually, there is a way to display a flag pointing to your country of origin. It is located by editing your profile. HOWEVER, the "country" dropdown list needs to be activated. For some reason, it is not.

Hey, Neal and Brad. Can you activate the country list in the user profile to let us select our country so that the flags show up under our login names? Thanks, guys!