Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 25 Feb 2013, 3:48 pm

bbauska wrote:The cost to upgrade PHPbb, and get the tech stuff repaired is going to be between $200 and $600. We would love to have some assistance on that front. For those who have donated, thank you very much!

Paypal to redscapefund <at> gmail <dot> com!!
Dignitary

Post 25 Feb 2013, 4:21 pm

Can we also get a mailing address?
Administrator

Post 25 Feb 2013, 7:44 pm

I would rather not post the business address here. Please E-mail me at bbauska62 [at] yahoo.com and I will send it there.
Dignitary

Post 05 Mar 2013, 7:24 pm

Another easy thing to do now is to turn disable the Automated Games and the Otto von Redscape forums, since Otto is now officially kaput.
Foreign Minister

Post 10 Mar 2013, 6:04 pm

Guys, I've missed quite a few of you (not sure too many of you will even remember me :razz: )

The reasons for my long, extended break were two-fold, first was the break that we all seem to need at times, and then, when I recently made an attempt to make a minor comeback, I had some fairly serious health issues. I found myself reminiscing a bit and looked up the site and found this thread.

I always found the one thing that brought me back were the actual forum games with the banter IN the game threads. Not just a few maps but some in game BS and such...it then led me to read more of the general threads. The human element has always been the strength of Redscape and I am glad to see a bunch of you doing your best to bring this back to us.

Not sure what I can do to help with the resurrection...I have some minor phpBB skills as I've admin'ed a couple of sites in the past but I'm not a master at them and I don't have a whole lot of free time either...

Anyway, I'll be checking back and I'm hoping to see some games started as I might like to try to get in to one more.

Brian
Dignitary

Post 11 Mar 2013, 10:22 am

Brian,
I am sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope whatever needs to be done is being done and I wish all the best for you. But I'm glad to see you back! Your comments are right on, regarding what makes Redscape special. You may notice that we do have a game going at the moment, and I'm hoping we will have another game going before too long. I'm looking to schedule enough time so that I could GM a game. In any event, when a new game starts, I hope you are going to be one of the players!

George (not an Admin, just a busybody).
Adjutant

Post 13 Mar 2013, 11:03 pm

I'd be happy to quit vdip and come back here. As many have commented this site always had a more human feel. I think the others are right that the game tab needs to be retired and instead should send one to some place like the forums of the old redscape- with announced games - and forums for each of the on going games.

I think people had to communicate much more in redscape and the human judges always added some flare--- esp Felix back in the day --- it was always fun to read his emails.

I'll try and bring some people back this way.
Dignitary

Post 01 May 2013, 12:40 pm

Ahh, I don't actually know any PHP at the moment, but it is something that I have been thinking of learning. So if you let me know what needs to be done, I can help (for reference, I have used Python, Fortran, and C prior to this, with a bit of the python being Object-Orientated)
Administrator

Post 01 May 2013, 1:20 pm

I am interested in having you see if you can do this. I would love to keep it in house. Will send info offline.
Dignitary

Post 02 May 2013, 5:59 am

Don't understand what you mean by "Will send info offline"
Administrator

Post 02 May 2013, 9:02 am

Email