Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 07 Aug 2012, 11:07 am

Howdy Gents,

We intend to keep open financials as we see ourselves as mere caretakers awaiting Chad's return.

To date:

We have $203 in funds as generated by the candy machine, we spent $160 for transfer/setup, and 6 months hosting lasting through 12/31/12. The remaining $43 will be used in the candy machine to generate more funds there.

Previously we had been making $50 a month in profits on the candy machine, but that has gone down to $15 a month recently as the new vending machine nearby is out competing it.

We believe that the $15/mo should cover the basic hosting costs going forward.

We welcome donations as you all feel inspired. We also welcome discussions on future projects and desires with Redscape's future. And if there's something that we want to do that requires some investment we're open to that as well.

Contributions via Paypal can be sent to redscapefund@gmail.com
Ambassador

Post 07 Aug 2012, 11:34 am

I think it would be a good idea to get a view on what the priorities are. It would be great to get the site working fully (to the point it was at on the old platform before it started to break down), so that we can:

Send and receive PMs

Send in a form to admin to apply to host a game

etc,

However, now that we do have a donations line, I will be sending something in over the next couple of days (got to wait for the credit card month to tick over first)
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 Aug 2012, 2:27 pm

Since Chad returned one of the fantasy sports league donations a few months ago, I'll send it on to the above. I can't remember if that payment was for the RFL or RBL but I'll figure it out.

You can expect continued donations from the two leagues since it is stipulated in their constitutions and I don't foresee them going anywhere anytime soon. It's about $20 per league annually.
Dignitary

Post 07 Aug 2012, 6:38 pm

Great news! And I agree with Danivon that the site's feature-set availability and stability should be a primary goal here. And then consider the following:
a. some kind of revision to the overall design to help advertise its rebirth, so to speak. I've written about this before, so I won't belabor it.
b. a general advertising email blitz to the recorded membership rolls
c. several new forum games ready and waiting for sign-ups, with both standards and variants. Those of us who are still lurking around here can volunteer as GMs. Maybe we can have some grand reopening prizes or something for the first victors (e.g. candy from your candy machines?!)
d. I imagine you've been thinking about Otto? What do you think its future will be here at Redscape?
e. finally, can I send a check or something instead of Paypal. Sorry to be so old-fashioned.

Post 08 Aug 2012, 12:50 pm

I would encourage everyone stumbling across this thread to continue posting suggestions.

I would suggest we fix the essential elements being proposed then attempt a campaign to draw our peeps back.

George, I sent u and email through the system with the snail mail address, let me know if it that didn't come through.

Also we'll need to see who might want to take on some of the old stuff all our retired GMs so kindly provided. At this point bbauska and I are keeping the backbone of the website going and working out technical difficulties.
Dignitary

Post 09 Aug 2012, 6:20 am

Neal,
Got the address, thanks much! What kind of help do you need?

Post 11 Aug 2012, 12:07 pm

I think our phpbb tech is giving us a pretty good rate. It shouldn't be too much too work out the minor kinks. In the near future we'd like to accumulate maybe another $100 in place for working out some of the essential bugs.

Post 14 Aug 2012, 9:38 am

We are moving ahead with knocking out the basic bugs. We'll let you all know where we are at cost wise with that.

We are seeking an estimate on a like button, polling, rejection of posts with mispellings (including the British variants), and political posts lacking significant hyperlinked citations. :wink:
Dignitary

Post 14 Aug 2012, 12:46 pm

I'll be sending out a check tomorrow, Neal.
Dignitary

Post 23 Aug 2012, 1:04 pm

You got it, right?
Administrator

Post 23 Aug 2012, 2:56 pm

Yes we did! Thanks!
Emissary

Post 02 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm

Can someone please tell me what in the hell you're all talking about here?
Ambassador

Post 02 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

Ah, Dag, had you been sticking around it would be obvious...

Remember the old days? Chad used to have a PayPal account to which we could send donations to help him maintain the site.

Well, over the past few months, Chad has transferred the running of Redscape over to bbauska and Neal Anderth, and while they have one revenue stream (a sweetie machine near their office) which should cover the costs of hosting, they want to make improvements and that would mean more money. As a result, we are again invited to use PayPal to donate to a fund for the betterment of the site.
Emissary

Post 02 Sep 2012, 3:31 pm

Thank you Mr. d. Sorry to see Chad move on but hurray for bbauska and Mr A.

Count me in for a donation. Even though I forget to check in to see what y'all are going on about I do think this site has value for anyone willing to be open to other's views.

Above I see that the following was listed as the means to contribute.....redscapefund@gmail.com

I just hope I don't wind up giving $ to some Nigerian's bank account.
Dignitary

Post 02 Sep 2012, 9:09 pm

We thank thee accepting your down-payments for receiving very large fund in bank account from contract over-payment. Please reply with bank account number and password to us expediting said funds transfer.

Dr Altaka Yurmani
Central Bank of Nigeria
Newark