Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 21 Jan 2011, 9:49 pm

It's not clear if he quit or was forced out but Keith Olberman is no longer with MSNBC. While I am no fan of his (I was however a big fan of his while he was at ESPN) I think it's a body blow to liberals and his voice, again, while no fan, was a welcome opposite from the conservative morons that dominate that segment of the market and I will sort of miss him for providing that.

Now if he could get away from the ultra liberal commentary and get back to sports, Tommy is a happy boy!
Dignitary

Post 22 Jan 2011, 11:14 am

Tom,

I am not sure it was such a body blow as you think. With Maddow, O'Donnell, & Shultz, I think the Liberal voice on MSNBC is still represented. Additionally, I think I read some where his ratings were dismal.
Administrator

Post 22 Jan 2011, 4:45 pm

I'm not proclaiming any sort of end to MSNBC or their liberal slant. I am glad they do have their outlet, the two opposing sides makes things interesting. It's just he was one of the more outspoken ones they had, while I did not like him, I did like that he made things more interesting that way.
Emissary

Post 23 Jan 2011, 9:27 am

This just in--he's been hired by Fox!

(phographic proof included)
Dignitary

Post 24 Jan 2011, 1:46 pm

Good riddance. I don't get MSNBC here in Toronto, but every clip I ever saw of the guy made me ill. I found him harder to watch than Limbaugh or Beck, likely because he was supposed to be championing a viewpoint that is closer than the other two to my own. I guess I am more forgiving of ultraconservative idiocy. :winkgrin: