Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Statesman

Post 26 Jul 2023, 11:03 am

The definition of woke.

" aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

How can you be opposed to this? And how can an attitude of awareness have an "agenda".?

Opposition to woke is just more culture wars BS.

There may be better Democratic candidate possible than Biden. So far its only him and RFK who appears to be mentally ill and definitely delusional. So Biden is the only choice.

There are certainly better Republican candidates than Trump. In fact anyone is better. But he's going to win because that's what republicans seem to want.
Administrator

Post 27 Jul 2023, 9:38 am

My dream is that BOTH Biden and Trump are indicted and precluded from taking office.

Wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air.

Newsom v Scott. I am able to dream...
Ambassador

Post 28 Jul 2023, 5:20 am

bbauska wrote:My dream is that BOTH Biden and Trump are indicted and precluded from taking office.

Wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air.

Newsom v Scott. I am able to dream...

Sweet dreams. Set your alarm for Nov. 6th, or maybe a few days after.
Statesman

Post 28 Jul 2023, 8:27 am

bbauska
My dream is that BOTH Biden and Trump are indicted and precluded from taking office

Trump has been indicted. And is about to be indicted again.
Being indicted doesn't preclude him from running or taking office.
In fact the major reason he seems to be running is to delay his trials... and in the vain hope that he'll be elected and delay the trials because of the policy against convicting a sitting President.

Biden indicted for what? Imaginary crimes?
Administrator

Post 28 Jul 2023, 2:42 pm

Patience...

The Big Guy did get money. Who do YOU think the "Big Guy" is if not Hunter's father?
Adjutant

Post 28 Jul 2023, 9:16 pm

RFK, Jr.s tweet today:

"Since the assassination of my father in 1968, candidates for president are provided Secret Service protection.  But not me.   Typical turnaround time for pro forma protection requests from presidential candidates is 14-days.  After 88-days of no response and after several: follow-ups by our campaign, the Biden Administration just denied our request."

Notice the close juxtaposition of 14 and 88. There is no way he used that accidentally. Normally, a person would say three months not count the days.

"1488 is a combination of two popular white supremacist numeric symbols. The first symbol is 14, which is shorthand for the "14 Words" slogan: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." The second is 88, which stands for "Heil Hitler" (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet)."

I think that pretty sums up why I will not consider supporting anyone who lessens the chance of Biden beating Trump. This is what's at stake! Fascism is trying to gain power in America..
Ambassador

Post 29 Jul 2023, 3:46 am

bbauska wrote:Patience...

The Big Guy did get money. Who do YOU think the "Big Guy" is if not Hunter's father?

Hunter is name dropping his dad, but that's not proof that his dad knows about it. That's just proof that Hunter is using his father's name to secure Hunter's objectives. I've seen this in my work. (I want you to invest in a deal with me. I've got this really big fish in Omaha who wants to go in with us.)

BTW, the IRS whistle blowers ARE very credible. It does seem like political interference in the Hunter Biden audit, which is a big no-no.
Ambassador

Post 29 Jul 2023, 3:50 am

freeman3 wrote:RFK, Jr.s tweet today:

"Since the assassination of my father in 1968, candidates for president are provided Secret Service protection.  But not me.   Typical turnaround time for pro forma protection requests from presidential candidates is 14-days.  After 88-days of no response and after several: follow-ups by our campaign, the Biden Administration just denied our request."

Notice the close juxtaposition of 14 and 88. There is no way he used that accidentally. Normally, a person would say three months not count the days.

"1488 is a combination of two popular white supremacist numeric symbols. The first symbol is 14, which is shorthand for the "14 Words" slogan: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." The second is 88, which stands for "Heil Hitler" (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet)."

I think that pretty sums up why I will not consider supporting anyone who lessens the chance of Biden beating Trump. This is what's at stake! Fascism is trying to gain power in America..

Nor is his statement accurate:

https://www.newsweek.com/do-presidentia ... on-1816103

Advisory committee guidelines pinpoint certain candidate plateaus candidates must hit for eligibility of such protection, including the following:

They are a publicly declared candidate.
They are actively campaigning nationally and contesting in at least 10 state primaries.
They are pursuing the nomination of a qualified party, one whose presidential candidate received at least 10 percent of the popular vote in the previous election.
They are qualified for public matching funds of at least $100,000 and have raised at least $2 million in additional contributions.
By April 1 of the election year, they've received an average of 5 percent in individual candidate preferences in the most recent national opinion polls by ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN, or have received at least 10 percent of the votes cast for all candidates in two same-day or consecutive primaries or caucuses.
That document also states that "Secret Service protection for primary candidates generally begins shortly after January 1 of the election year," adding that "on occasion, the Secretary of the Treasury has accorded protection to certain candidates earlier than the election year."

In other words, it is not a pro forma request. It is an unusual request.
Administrator

Post 29 Jul 2023, 6:34 am

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/07/29/why_is_dick_gephardt_risking_his_good_name__149561.html

From the article:

These tactics are intimidation at best and obstruction at worst. According to the very statute Jack Smith cited against Trump – 18 US Code Sec. 241 – it is a crime for “two or more persons” to conspire to “injure, oppress, threaten or intimidate” anyone “in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution.” And organizing voters for the ballot has been upheld as protected speech under the First Amendment.

In other words, to stop Trump, they are willing to become Trump.
Close quote

I suppose Dick Gephardt is a sellout also. This follows the "No good Scotsman" theory, I guess.
Dignitary

Post 29 Jul 2023, 10:15 am

bbauska wrote:My point is, and always has been:
AMERICA DESERVES MORE THAN 2 CHOICES. Especially when these two are not the best. Perhaps that is what I should ask.

Do you think Biden is the best Democrat? Is Trump the best Republican? Don't answer one question without answering the other. I will start and show how it is done.

Biden - No
Trump - No

See...? It is easy.

If these are not the best, why do we vote for them?

You are absolutely right that the country needs more than two choices. Biden is not the best Democrat, not by a long-shot, and Trump is terrible, perhaps the worst Republican possible. More choices are usually better.

We've adopted 'ranked choice' voting in the NYC primaries, so that you can rank your candidates from top to bottom, which is interesting. I wasn't a Democrat on the big mayoral race, so I didn't use it myself, but there were like 12 candidates, and all stuck it out, since it was ranked choice. While I hate our current Mayor, and I thought the system was interesting, and generally positive.

I'm also a big fan of open primaries. Some states allow anyone to vote in primaries, others require party registration and make it hard to change parties for primaries. Make it easier to vote and maybe we can have better candidates, or at least ones that aren't so extreme!
Administrator

Post 02 Aug 2023, 9:07 am

https://issuesinsights.com/2023/08/02/if-he-was-bribed-biden-must-go-ii-tipp-poll/

https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/07-31-2023/archer-talks-joe-biden-calls/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/19/politics/oversight-committee-hearing-irs-whistleblowers/index.html

Considering these issues are still active, is it an offense that would preclude President Biden from running for the 2024 election? I am not talking impeachment, but should these issues make the Left see that POTUS is not character worthy of election?

You on the Left can keep talking about President Trump. I have already stated my disdain and lack of election worthy character for him. If that is all you have, then keep beating that dead horse.

I am asking what does it take for you to see the that President Biden is wrong for America?

Bribery?
Influence peddling?
Conspiracy to aid a foreign agent?
Using government power to silence opponents?

Seriously, what does it take for you to say "enough is enough" and withdraw support of President Biden?
Adjutant

Post 03 Aug 2023, 8:45 am

Allegations of bribery "remain transparently thin." In other words, there is nothing there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -analysis/

The IRS whistleblowers have not established any linkage to Biden or even anyone around Biden.

The Archer testimony indicated no business was discussed during phone calls. There is nothing there.

Meanwhile, Trump has been charged with a gazillion felonies with more to come in the Georgia case...

We're not agreeing that Biden with these kinds of flimsy allegations should not run just so Trump will win. Now, if they get more proof of wrongdoing then the matter could be reconsidered. But in any case what matters is which Democrat can beat Trump. And Biden has already beaten Trump which is why there are all these attempts to get Dems to not nominate Biden again..

Trump is going to run no matter what. But Repubs seem to think they can convince Dems not to run Biden. Well, we ain't that dumb to just do what Repubs want...
Administrator

Post 03 Aug 2023, 8:52 am

Freeman,
I was asking you (and others...) what it would take. Your statements are full of defensiveness. You continue to make it about Trump.
Adjutant

Post 03 Aug 2023, 1:45 pm

Like Hitler in 1933...it is all about Trump. He must be put in jail for his crimes and defeated in the election. Everything else is small potatoes...
Administrator

Post 03 Aug 2023, 4:25 pm

Regardless of Trump or Biden...

Are you able to tell me if a presidential candidate should have articulatable scandals consisting of:

Bribery?
Influence peddling?
Conspiracy to aid a foreign agent?
Using government power to silence opponents?

I am sure that you cannot give me a clear answer on this because to you, it is all about the "Bad Guy"

Let's say we are dealing with Eisenhower vs Democratic candidate with the above issues. Do you vote Dem anyway?