Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 12 Jul 2011, 12:52 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:
Ray Jay wrote:Dan:

You are good at making belief-based assumptions. Maybe he just thinks he'll get paid either way? Maybe he's testing the boundaries? Maybe he's doing a favour for an old pal? Maybe he's the fiftieth law professor to have been asked to take it on after the other 49 refused it?

Maybe he wants a 2nd wife? :rolleyes:

Left that religion a long, long time ago. :eek:

My religion left that a long time ago.
Ambassador

Post 12 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm

Ray Jay wrote:My religion left that a long time ago.

Oh, I don't think it was ever authorized. Some guys were slow learners--especially that wise guy, Solomon.
Ambassador

Post 12 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:Big fan of Turley, are you?

I frequently disagree with him, but I don't think he's a crank or one to simply spin his wheels.

I'm not particularly aware of the guy, and I'm not calling him a crank. Is it 'spinning his wheels' if he gets a payday?

But the point is (which you are willfully ignoring) that it is the claimant who is bringing the case, and the lawyer just argues it for them.
Ambassador

Post 12 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:

Oh, I don't think it was ever authorized. Some guys were slow learners--especially that wise guy, Solomon.

Jacob too?
Ambassador

Post 12 Jul 2011, 1:16 pm

danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:Big fan of Turley, are you?

I frequently disagree with him, but I don't think he's a crank or one to simply spin his wheels.

I'm not particularly aware of the guy, and I'm not calling him a crank. Is it 'spinning his wheels' if he gets a payday?

But the point is (which you are willfully ignoring) that it is the claimant who is bringing the case, and the lawyer just argues it for them.

Not ignoring it all. Please. I come from SoCal, the land of Gloria Allred for crying out loud.

I don't think Turley chases paychecks like that.
Ambassador

Post 12 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

Ray Jay wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:

Jacob too?

No one had more than Solomon. Jacob was hoodwinked. In any event, God never commanded or even green-lighted it.
Ambassador

Post 12 Jul 2011, 2:27 pm

No green light?

Samuel 12:8. Nathan was a prophet, passing on the word of God, offering David more wives. Perhaps you are saying Nathan was not a reliable prophet?

How about all the rules about concubines and widows?

God smote people for all kinds of things, but he rarely smote bigamists. Some of his favourites were bigamists and not at all hoodwinked (Abraham?)