Ray Jay wrote:I don't understand your last sentence. There were about 2,000 West Bank originated terrorist incidents per year from 2000 to 2002 and now there are under 50 per year. This reflects Abbas's leadership as well as Israeli security measures. People criticise the fence / walll, but I'm not going to argue with success. (I agree that the fence / wall should have more closely followed the pre-67 borders, but big picture, Israel certainly has the right to defend itself.) Right now, Tel Aviv seems safer to me than Moscow and continues to be much safer than many places in the Muslim world.
How many Gaza originated attacks, though? Hamas are pretty much carrying on the intifada in lieu of the PLO, along with a few of the smaller groups.

Indeed, the PA have cracked down and pretty well. The effectiveness of the wall and fence is not really in doubt, and you have your finger on the button as to why it annoyed a great many people - in having it east of the line, it cut villages off from their associated land and embedded some settlements.