Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 27 Mar 2019, 8:45 am

Because I have foretold it.

And I am rarely, if ever, mistaken on calling who will win a US presidential election. I could prove this claim here by citing various past elections but I don't care to. I'm lazy and its beside the point.

So as of today, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, I am officially endorsing him. I will also be sending his campaign money. Not much, maybe $100. That's what I threw at the Berndog in the last go around (the fool eventually handed my $ over to the criminal in the end. I've called his office twice now asking for a refund. I'm still waiting.)

I've recently heard Hickenbocker speak and I judge him to be someone of moral character, at least close enough of a moral character for me. Keep in mind, we're typically dealing with scum and villainy when it comes to US national politics..

Hickenbocker, as I shall now refer to him (because it sounds better), identifies with great clarity the current disease of the political landscape and knows that only pragmatism will be worth a damn going forward.

I say we will find in him a transparency which currently does not exist in US national politics and hasn't existed since Harry Truman.

We will find in him yet another politician with aggressively unfortunate hair.

We will find in him some semblance of hope, or at least enough not to want to simply give up on the whole circus.

We will find in him tenacity and grit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hickenlooper

I am asking you to do your part within your circles to influence others to consider him for President.

This request includes you, no matter your party affiliation.

Thank you for doing me this personal favor.

Dag Hammarsjkold
Statesman

Post 27 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

Very brave of you to make this call.
The democratic race is at least a race of ideas... for now. I think it will likely stay that way for quite a while.

Here' for your edification, is 538"s analysis of Hickenlooper's progress since kick off...

Hickenlooper, a former governor of Colorado, saw no change — he polled at 1 percent both before and after his March 4 campaign kickoff. One silver lining for Hickenlooper is that Morning Consult found an uptick in the number of people who could form an opinion of him: The week before his announcement, 20 percent of respondents had either a positive or negative opinion of Hickenlooper; the week after, 26 percent did.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/be ... not-alone/
Adjutant

Post 27 Mar 2019, 1:12 pm

No way a guy named Hickenlooper is becoming president...that name rules him out. Like the guy named butt cheek...ain't happening.
Ambassador

Post 27 Mar 2019, 1:28 pm

freeman3 wrote:No way a guy named Hickenlooper is becoming president...that name rules him out. Like the guy named butt cheek...ain't happening.

or Barack Hussein Obama …
Adjutant

Post 27 Mar 2019, 5:06 pm

I don't know ...I think Barack Obama sounded kind of cool...hip. I dont think Barry Obama would have done it. I can see the campaign slogan now, "dont be a hick..be in the loop." Wait a sec. ..

It may sound superficial...but entertainers change their names for a reason. Richard Starkey was not good enough for the Beatles...but Ringo Starr was.
Statesman

Post 28 Mar 2019, 6:59 am

Point of fact, he didn't adopt the name for the Beatles.
The name was given to him during his time with Rory Storm and The Hurricanes when Rory Storm insisted they all adopt stage names.
"Ringo" came from his love for cowboy movies, and for wearing lots of rings; "Starr" came from his solo drumming spot with Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, billed as "Starr Time". (His family and close friends call him Richie.)
Emissary

Post 18 Apr 2019, 4:23 pm

I am tempted to change my prediction in light of Mayor Pete Buttigieg. I like this guy. He is off the charts smart with an integral consciousness about him that will take him far.

I can see him becoming the next POTUS. If not this round then next.

He's got the swagger. He's got the brains. He thinks on his feet. He's articulate and his take on policies seems fresh. The problem is he's gay.

And that's only a problem because this country is not ready for a gay POTUS which is shameful of course. is sexual orientation will unfortunately play out to be a major factor in the home stretch. There's just not much you can do to counter knuckle dragging mouth breathers who will vote against him on "principle."

He may turn out to be the very kind of person that can rescue the pathetic state of American politics.

So am I changing my prediction? No. What I've written I've written. But I like this guy so far.
Adjutant

Post 18 Apr 2019, 5:44 pm

Who knows? Sometimes people will surprise you.
Ambassador

Post 19 Apr 2019, 4:47 am

People also said that Obama could not be elected because he is African American.

I think a majority of Americans are fine with homosexuality. The country needs non-divisive leadership. It's all about character.
Statesman

Post 19 Apr 2019, 3:33 pm

The US has already had one Gay President. James Buchanan.
And a gay VP. William Rufus King. (VP under Pierce)
In fact they were a couple, and it was widely known they lived together for 10 years.

http://factmyth.com/factoids/james-buch ... president/

As a person, and personality, Buttigieg is remarkable. And maybe just what is needed.
Statesman

Post 26 Apr 2019, 1:04 pm

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 ... ds-issues/

Not that policies are all that matter.
Or that the policies Politico is summarizing are all or the most important.
Emissary

Post 02 May 2019, 1:47 pm

Freeman wrote:

No way a guy named Hickenlooper is becoming president...that name rules him out. Like the guy named butt cheek...ain't happening

I'm not sure how I missed this line but I saw it just now and laughed for 30 seconds.

Thank you Freeman.
Dignitary

Post 17 May 2019, 2:40 pm

John Hickenlooper will not be the next president. Sorry Dag.
Statesman

Post 28 Jun 2019, 7:56 am

Well the first Democratic debates were informative, and I think revealing.
Harris destroyed Biden... (Hard to defend 1970's positions in 2018)
Warren cemented her reputation and polished her profile. And probably drug more support her way.
Castro gave himself a little hope....
O'Rourke dissolved...
And the second tier - including Hickenlooper - showed why they are second tier. (for the most part).
Administrator

Post 28 Jun 2019, 6:23 pm

Did anyone else have the same feeling about Amy Klobuchar that I did? She seems like a nice person trying to be an attack dog? It appeared out of sorts for her.

Biden is a no go, and he looked old. Warren did the best, and Bernie was the most bombastic. I give it Warren.