Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 18 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

Wow, Maybe I don't speak the language as well as you? You DO live in England and this IS in English, maybe I have learned a weird version all my life? But you claim when I stated this thread is not about the media but rather how the media hates nobody more than Palin to be wrong?
excuse me but the top of this page says:
Has the Press ever hated like they hate Palin?

I'm sorry but I seem to be correct, it is not simply about the press but rather have they ever hated anyone like Sara Palin?
You claim I am wrong?

You make the statement "we can debate whether these examples are worse than what Palin gets or not, and clearly you have your opinion." But you have failed to show anything even close, simply stating we can argue about it while showing nothing even close to similar is a bit of a lark. Please give an example of someone equal. Anthony Wiener?he went through a whole 2 or 3 weeks of criticism, that's somehow equal? If you want to compare his 3 weeks to her 3 years and how bad his limited coverage was to hers, sure we can "argue" that, but to say they are equal????
Please bring an example of how the media have treated anyone like Palin, someone that faced similar scrutiny, similar false reporting, similar time frame, something SIMILAR Until that time it is you who are contradicting yourself, you simply have failed every attempt at proving anyone even close to equal.
Statesman

Post 18 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

tom
Anthony Wiener?he went through a whole 2 or 3 weeks of criticism, that's somehow equal? If you want to compare his 3 weeks to her 3 years and how bad his limited coverage was to hers, sure we can "argue" that, but to say they are equal????

If weiner were to keep sticking it out (never gets old) I'm sure the scrutiny would continue.
But weiner quit.
Palin on the other hand keeps thrusting her self onto the public stage with virtually unchanged behaviours...
As the old country song says, how can I miss you if you won't go away?
Administrator

Post 18 Jun 2011, 3:57 pm

IF he stuck it out MAYBE you would be right, but we will never know will we?
But we do hjave some other examples
Eliot Spitzer is now hosting a news program, no longer in office but suddenly a "respected news journalist"
Charles Rangel won re-election by a landslide after facing nearly zero media scrutiny after a few weeks
Harry Reid?
Bill Clinton?
William Jefferson?
But we can be certain HE would be an exception can't we?
Administrator

Post 18 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

Oh, and let's be fair as well.
Palin lost the VP role. She went back to Alaska but was that it?
No, she continued to face constant frivolous lawsuits forcing her to quit. You claim she kept thrusting herself onto the public stage, that's hardly true. She most certainly is again, but not after the election, she pretty much went away and faced still more attention.
Ambassador

Post 19 Jun 2011, 4:31 am

GMTom wrote:Wow, Maybe I don't speak the language as well as you? You DO live in England and this IS in English, maybe I have learned a weird version all my life? But you claim when I stated this thread is not about the media but rather how the media hates nobody more than Palin to be wrong?
Ok, take a step back.

Take a breather.

Ready?

My comment about the thread was not in response to you. It was in response to Steve when he said that NOW was in Hilary's corner. My point was that this is about the media's attitude, not that of NOW.

You splurged in with an attack on what I said about this thread being about the media. So excuse me if I try to correct you.

The rest, well, rant on, brother.
Administrator

Post 19 Jun 2011, 8:43 am

Time to step back yourself, lets review what you actually said ...maybe you forgot?
GMTom wrote:The thread is not about the media, the thread is about has the media hated anyone like Palin and so far nobody has proven otherwise. Yes, they have their field days with this person or that, but none like the hate they have for Palin.

Contradicting yourself in the first sentence doesn't make it easy to discern your point.

You mentioned my posting then followed that with the criticism.
Now you want to have us believe this was intended for Steve
Not buying brother, try a different angle, this one simply doesn't work.
Ambassador

Post 19 Jun 2011, 8:53 am

Seriously, Tom, this was the post in which I first mentioned the purpose of the thread:
danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:I can promise you NOW was 100% in Hillary's corner.
But as you keep pointing out, the thread is about the Media.

Wind your neck in, pal.
Administrator

Post 19 Jun 2011, 3:32 pm

nope, you replied to my posting not to Steve's nice try
if you replied to Steve's post, uh, why did you refer to my posting?

Wind up your backside, pal
Ambassador

Post 20 Jun 2011, 1:30 am

Yours came after.