Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 06 Jun 2011, 7:33 pm

First the fun: Jon Stewart's piece on Anthony Weiner's Twitter pic is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen, ever:

http://gawker.com/5808107/jon-stewart-to-anthony-weiner-just-tell-the-truth

Earlier today, it came out that the pic was, indeed, Weiner's weiner. For those of you not following this front page New York news (and blocked from gawker), prominent congressman Anthony Weiner sent a pic of himself to a 21-year old twitter follower, an *ahem* inappropriate pic. He panicked, said his account was hacked. In his teary-eyed news conference apologized, he came clean, and said he wouldn't resign because while he did something stupid, he broke no laws.

My opinion: anyone that stupid should NOT be in a position of power over anyone. He's got to go.
Dignitary

Post 06 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

The NYT story says this was not a one-time event (I'm shocked!) Man, is this guy stupid.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/07/us/politics/07weiner.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
Administrator

Post 06 Jun 2011, 9:43 pm

I have been looking if he has ever commented about the Rep. Chris Lee (NY-26) case that ended in resignation. Just looking for hypocrisy, I guess.
Ambassador

Post 07 Jun 2011, 4:34 am

What I find most troubling is the instinct to lie when caught with the hand in the cookie jar. Kids usually outgrow that before the age of 10.
Adjutant

Post 07 Jun 2011, 4:35 am

Seriously why would he do that. Was bound to come out, especially if the young lady wasn't really keen on seeing his package.
Sometimes i truly wonder. Maybe if politicans had to run through town once a year and people were aloud to whip them with wet towels if they aren't satisfied with their performance ?
Dignitary

Post 07 Jun 2011, 8:40 am

My favorite line of this whole thing comes from Wiener himself. It was along the lines of I can not say with any certitude the picture is not me.

Does anyone else think that line just screams it is my picture?
Ambassador

Post 07 Jun 2011, 10:50 am

Archduke Russell John wrote:My favorite line of this whole thing comes from Wiener himself. It was along the lines of I can not say with any certitude the picture is not me.

Does anyone else think that line just screams it is my picture?

I avoided posting anything, really hoping that Weiner was telling the truth. However, the "I cannot say with any certitude" thing locked it down. There was also the fact that he was not calling in the FBI.

If this was it, if this was all there was, a few pics that he should not have sent, a few questionable texts, I'd say, "So what?"

However, to go on every network's main news show (even Fox News) and deny it, then say you're staying in office because you haven't broken the law? Weak.

From what I've read, there's more to come. The latest: he offered coaching to one of the women so she would also lie. I don't know how he survives. The Democrats have arguments they need to make. They can't have Weiner taking all the oxygen out of the room.
Administrator

Post 07 Jun 2011, 10:57 am

I'm just laughing at how a few weeks ago someone here tried to link all these sex scandals to Republicans. They forgot all about a whole bunch of Democrats, here's a new one for them to forget all about once we have a Republican join the ranks of the stupid (and they will as well!)
Ambassador

Post 07 Jun 2011, 11:01 am

Well, yeah, but the first person to post on here about it is not a Republican trying to make a political point, which is refreshing!

What more can be said about the guy though. A total idiot, but often people really do think that they won't get caught and can't believe it when they are. Denial is easily come by, I guess.

By the way, shouldn't the thread title be Weiner's wiener?
Ambassador

Post 07 Jun 2011, 11:02 am

GMTom wrote:I'm just laughing at how a few weeks ago someone here tried to link all these sex scandals to Republicans. They forgot all about a whole bunch of Democrats, here's a new one for them to forget all about once we have a Republican join the ranks of the stupid (and they will as well!)

We already had the GOP guy (from NY). He was forced out by Republican leadership--and that was without lying to every major news source. The Democrats are crowing about winning his seat. Well, they were . . .
Dignitary

Post 07 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

Come on fellas, anybody watch Stewart's piece? Tom Brokaw and Don Reckles as "angel" and "devil." Watch out for the wasabi! Too funny. I'm told that you can get Gawker internationally, so that short clip should be available to those normally blocked.

Second, just got this totally tasteless email from an airline:
The Weiner Sale: Fares Too HARD to Resist!
Fares from $9* Each Way, Based on Roundtrip Purchase!

Check out our BIG Weiner Sale boasting fares just too hard to resist! This scandalous sale is no secret so get socially connected with fares from just $9* each way, based on roundtrip purchase! Hurry to book now before this sale gets hacked!

It's going viral in all the worst ways!

Finally, my worry is not so much about R or D, but NY. This is our second congressman in, like, 6 months to go down for emailing questionable pics of himself to a young lady. Who does that? And why do they become congressmen? (And, I do mean men, because if there were similar pics of Carolyn Maloney out there, I'd have to blind myself.)
Ambassador

Post 07 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

Oh my! After Channel 4 cut the Daily Show down to just a weekly 'International Edition' (and with the channel that showed Colbert taking it off a year ago), I've been so used to the "Video not available in your territory" message.

So I didn't bother clicking the link, just assumed it would be hilarious but verboten. Certainly it was hilarious.
Administrator

Post 07 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

That airline offer, be careful how they "check your package"
Administrator

Post 07 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

and hey, I live in New York
maybe it's me, but uhhhh, do ANY women actually like getting such messages?
what are these guys thinking?

...maybe I am OVER qualified to run for office in this state?
Ambassador

Post 07 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

I never understood wolfwhistling, so the motivation for flashing is beyond me.