Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 07 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

GMTom wrote:maybe it's me, but uhhhh, do ANY women actually like getting such messages?
what are these guys thinking?

So, am I right? Not very many men do this, right? Go ahead and make another user name and confess your pic flashing to us if you've done this, but I'm guessing it's a really tiny percentage of people who engage in such behavior. But my question is, why do they become congressmen? It must be part of the same genomic deficiency.
Administrator

Post 07 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

My wife could care less about me sending a picture of my southern extremities in an email. Actually, "could care less" is a poor choice of words, while she wouldn't divorce me for doing that, she would not be very happy about it either! (and she's no prude) Women just don't get into that sort of thing like guys do. Now if she sent ME a pic of her, I'm loving that! But it doesn't work the other way around, he doesn't get some basic realities of life, and he's making laws for us????
Ambassador

Post 07 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

Based on his picture, I can't even tell if Tom is wearing pants at all ...
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 07 Jun 2011, 2:26 pm

I find myself agreeing once again with Greenwald on this.

There are few things more sickening -- or revealing -- to behold than a D.C. sex scandal. Huge numbers of people prance around flamboyantly condemning behavior in which they themselves routinely engage. Media stars contrive all sorts of high-minded justifications for luxuriating in every last dirty detail, when nothing is more obvious than that their only real interest is vicarious titillation. Reporters who would never dare challenge powerful political figures who torture, illegally eavesdrop, wage illegal wars or feed at the trough of sleazy legalized bribery suddenly walk upright -- like proud peacocks with their feathers extended -- pretending to be hard-core adversarial journalists as they collectively kick a sexually humiliated figure stripped of all importance. The ritual is as nauseating as it is predictable.
Administrator

Post 07 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

Tom,
Not having gotten a picture of you to compare, I would have to plead ignorance.
Administrator

Post 07 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

I am in fact NOT wearing any pants, but notice I'm keeping that to myself and not showing any women. That is unless they want to see my package, should they decide to start that exchange, please be my guest ladies!
Ambassador

Post 08 Jun 2011, 3:10 am

For our British readers, I just want to be clear that Tom is using the American definition of "pants".
Ambassador

Post 08 Jun 2011, 5:10 am

Either way, it's TMI
Administrator

Post 08 Jun 2011, 5:48 am

oh-oh, I'm scared to ask what the Brit definition is?
gonna look it up now
Oh, underwear?
No, not wearing that either!
Under my Chuck Norris, my, errr, Little Chuck Norris is just out there!
Maybe if you stand up and peer down from the top of your monitor, you might see?
Dignitary

Post 08 Jun 2011, 5:58 am

RUFFHAUS 8 wrote:Admittedly it's a tough call between with WHINER or WEENER.

Yeah, it's a terrible name, no way to mitigate it. Good friend of my growing up had the last name Fagg. Now that's a tough name to go through high school with.
Ambassador

Post 08 Jun 2011, 6:08 am

GMTom wrote:oh-oh, I'm scared to ask what the Brit definition is?
gonna look it up now
Oh, underwear?
No, not wearing that either!
Under my Chuck Norris, my, errr, Little Chuck Norris is just out there!
Maybe if you stand up and peer down from the top of your monitor, you might see?

I learned that one when I lived in England and mentioned before a business meeting that my baby daughter had spit up on my pants.
Ambassador

Post 08 Jun 2011, 10:48 am

I always thought that in German (which is what both the surname and the name of the sausage come from), the sound depended on which letter came last. So 'Weiner' is pronounced 'Whiner', and wiener would be pronounced 'weener'. It's been a long time since I did German at school (and I dropped it as I was also doing French and Spanish and my mind was melting), but I thought it was a pretty good rule.

Yeah, it's a terrible name, no way to mitigate it. Good friend of my growing up had the last name Fagg. Now that's a tough name to go through high school with.
Why would he not like having a name that means 'cigarette'? :angel:

I knew a guy with the surname Dykstra. That would have been fine, but email addresses at the school put your first initial after your surname, and he was called Peter. He was not impressed.
Emissary

Post 08 Jun 2011, 11:48 am

I was at school with a guy called Menlove, he didn't have it easy either. In fact I believe he actually changed his surname a few years later.
Adjutant

Post 08 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

danivon wrote:
I always thought that in German (which is what both the surname and the name of the sausage come from), the sound depended on which letter came last. So 'Weiner' is pronounced 'Whiner', and wiener would be pronounced 'weener'. It's been a long time since I did German at school (and I dropped it as I was also doing French and Spanish and my mind was melting), but I thought it was a pretty good rule.

That is correct Danivon. Btw in Vienna (Wien) we call the sausages Frankfurter :P for those interested in obscure details of Austrian/German cultural interaction :D.
Statesman

Post 08 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

And in Copehagen Danish pastries are called Viennese pastries, no?