Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 08 Mar 2018, 12:23 pm

Russian spy attack: police officer left ill named as DS Nick Bailey

A former Russian spy (one who had flipped, and was swapped a few years ago for Russian agents we had uncovered) was found severely ill. He daughter was also with him and very ill. His wife died recently, which may not be suspicious. His son died in Russia less than a year ago.

The UK believe that the murder of Alexander Litvinenko a few years ago was carried out at the behest of the Russian state. That involved using a highly dangerous polonium isotope that could easily have caused damage to random bystanders.

It seems that this incident in Salisbury used a nerve agent and has affected several other people, including the police officer who came to investigate two unconscious people on a bench.

If this is also tied back to the Russian government, is the use of chemical weapons against civilians something we should consider an act of war?

What can the UK and our allies do about it?

[One thing that does bug me is that it seems Skripal was not living under an alias, and so would be easy for someone to locate, and given the history I would hope that our security forces would have offered, or even insisted, on giving him anonymity. But even so, the brazen and reckless nature of this incident is utterly vile]
Statesman

Post 09 Mar 2018, 7:14 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... nt-linked/
Administrator

Post 09 Mar 2018, 10:21 am

RickyP,
I could not read the entire article, but is this the same Trump Dossier that Clinton that paid money for? The same Clinton's who had a past consisting of the following people?:
1- James McDougal
2 – Mary Mahoney
3 – Vince Foster
4 – Ron Brown
5 – C. Victor Raiser, II
6 – Paul Tulley
7 – Ed Willey
8 – Jerry Parks
9 – James Bunch
10 – James Wilson
11 – Kathy Ferguson
12 – Bill Shelton
13 – Gandy Baugh
14 – Florence Martin
15 – Suzanne Coleman
16 – Paula Grober
17 – Danny Casolaro
18 – Paul Wilcher
19 – Jon Parnell Walker
20 – Barbara Wise
21 – Charles Meissner
22 – Dr. Stanley Heard
23 – Barry Seal
24 – Johnny Lawhorn, Jr.
25 – Stanley Huggins
26 – Hershell Friday
27 – Kevin Ives & Don Henry
28 – Keith Coney
29 – Keith McMaskle
30 – Gregory Collins
31 – Jeff Rhodes
32 – James Milan
34 – Richard Winters
35 – Major William S. Barkley, Jr.
36 – Captain Scott J . Reynolds
37 – Sgt. Brian Hanley
38 – Sgt. Tim Sabel
39 – Major General William Robertson
40 – Col. William Densberger
41 – Col. Robert Kelly
42 – Spec. Gary Rhodes
43 – Steve Willis
44 – Robert Williams
45 – Conway LeBleu
46 – Todd McKeehan
47 - Seth Rich

Not Included in this list are the 4 men killed in Benghazi.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/08/10/the-list-of-clinton-associates-whove-died-mysteriously-check-it-out/

I guess that doesn't surprise me.

As for an act of war? I would love to see the criminals punished, and a nation certainly dealt with.
Adjutant

Post 09 Mar 2018, 10:52 am

Clinton Death Squad Team Leader: "I could tell you what happened to those people...but then I would have to kill you. So you will just have to be satisfied with speculative theories based on zero evidence! We're the best; we leave no trace. 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap...Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap...Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!'"
Administrator

Post 09 Mar 2018, 11:04 am

freeman3 wrote:Clinton Death Squad Team Leader: "I could tell you what happened to those people...but then I would have to kill you. So you will just have to be satisfied with speculative theories based on zero evidence! We're the best; we leave no trace. 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap...Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap...Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!'"

I'm sorry. I'm sure RickyP was speculating also. I wanted to join in the fun...
Adjutant

Post 09 Mar 2018, 11:30 am

JFK Assassination Witness Snuffer Outer Team: "It's all good! We don't exist either..."
Ambassador

Post 09 Mar 2018, 5:20 pm

Is it an act of war?

Yes.

Can Britain do much about it?
Ambassador

Post 10 Mar 2018, 1:24 am

Yet again, a thread about something nothing to do with US partisan politics is dragged that way in one page.

And with added tinfoilhattery.
Ambassador

Post 10 Mar 2018, 1:28 am

Doctor Fate wrote:Is it an act of war?

Yes.

I don't know. Would be good is our allies stuck with us. NATO, for example. First we need to investigate the particular incident. It may be something else. But if it was Russia, this isn't the first time. Perhaps enacting sanctions would help put pressure on the regime.
Administrator

Post 10 Mar 2018, 8:16 am

danivon wrote:Yet again, a thread about something nothing to do with US partisan politics is dragged that way in one page.

And with added tinfoilhattery.

I do see this as a major problem. The "tinfoilhattery" was in response to the RickyP post that is always Trump=Bad commentary.

I posted the comment at the end of my post that meets my opinion.
Statesman

Post 10 Mar 2018, 9:05 am

bbauska
I do see this as a major problem. The "tinfoilhattery" was in response to the RickyP post that is always Trump=Bad commentary

I merely linked you to a news story. What you inferred from it is up to you.

What the story offered, I thought, was a rationale for why the man was poisoned.
Since, Skripal, 66, is believed to have lived in the UK since his release from Russian custody in 2010.
He was convicted in Russia of spying for Britain before he was granted refuge in the UK after a high-profile spy swap in 2010 between the United States and Russia. he was living under his own name, and presumably not engaged in any active intelligence work.
Except that, according to the news article I linked, it appears Christopher Steele had reached out to him and possibly engaged his services.
Thus, the poisoning would have been retribution for Skripal's contribution to Steele. Which would seem to indicate Russian intelligence is very concerned about what Steele turned up.

bbauska
I could not read the entire article, but is this the same Trump Dossier that Clinton that paid money for?

[quote]In October 2015, during the Republican primary campaign, The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative website primarily funded by Republican donor Paul Singer, hired the American research firm Fusion GPS to conduct general opposition research on Trump and other Republican presidential candidates.[1] For months, Fusion GPS gathered information about Trump, focusing on his business and entertainment activities[/quote

bbauska does it matter who paid Steele for the research if the research proves to be mostly accurate?

Administrator

Post 10 Mar 2018, 10:36 am

RickyP, you seldom answer questions. This being another of those myriad times. You sound just as silly as I intended to sound.

Yes, it does matter who paid for it.
Statesman

Post 10 Mar 2018, 11:32 am

bbauska

I can understand why it would matter before it had been corroborated ...
It makes sense to be skeptical in that case.
But not, at least for Mueller, the CIA and the FBI , to dismiss it out of hand. To them, the fact someone got paid is almost meaningless. The fact the information can be proven or not is all that matters.
Since much of the information in the dossier has already been corroborated...it becomes less important today that Steele was paid, or who paid him.
And it becomes vitally important to discover if Steeles information can all be corroborated.

The fact the Skripal was apparently working for Steele, and as a result may be dying in an apparent act of war, lends further credibility to the Dossier. (If it indeed is proven he was working for Steel.)

I appreciate that you intended to be silly with your Clinton Conspiracy posting. What most people who post this kind of thing fail to mention are the numbers of investigations into all things Clinton. And the paucity of crimes or misdemeanors turned up with all that effort.
With the same amount of effort the Trump mine will surely turn up a rich vein of corruption.
Ambassador

Post 12 Mar 2018, 10:05 am

danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:Is it an act of war?

Yes.

I don't know. Would be good is our allies stuck with us. NATO, for example. First we need to investigate the particular incident. It may be something else. But if it was Russia, this isn't the first time. Perhaps enacting sanctions would help put pressure on the regime.

Is it possible that Russia simply has too much leverage on the EU?
Ambassador

Post 12 Mar 2018, 10:13 am

rickyp wrote:bbauska

I can understand why it would matter before it had been corroborated ...
It makes sense to be skeptical in that case.
But not, at least for Mueller, the CIA and the FBI , to dismiss it out of hand. To them, the fact someone got paid is almost meaningless. The fact the information can be proven or not is all that matters.
Since much of the information in the dossier has already been corroborated...it becomes less important today that Steele was paid, or who paid him.
And it becomes vitally important to discover if Steeles information can all be corroborated.

Why don’t you start your own forum? This is way too early for a hijack.

However, your assertions here are poppycock. “Much” of the dossier has not been corroborated.

And, in fact, the truth of the assertions and the money behind them mattered BEFORE a warrant was issued. If not, then the FBI could bring any random stack of papers to the court and get a FISA warrant to spy on anyone.

There is plenty of appearance that this was all done for political, not investigative purposes. If that proves to be the case, it is a massive abuse of the system and people who served under Obama will be going to jail.

The fact the Skripal was apparently working for Steele, and as a result may be dying in an apparent act of war, lends further credibility to the Dossier. (If it indeed is proven he was working for Steel.)

No, it doesn’t lend credibility to the dossier—except in Tinfoil World.

I appreciate that you intended to be silly with your Clinton Conspiracy posting. What most people who post this kind of thing fail to mention are the numbers of investigations into all things Clinton. And the paucity of crimes or misdemeanors turned up with all that effort.
With the same amount of effort the Trump mine will surely turn up a rich vein of corruption.

Because when you’re wearing a tinfoil hat and close your eyes, anything you wish for will come true.