Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 06 Feb 2018, 3:45 pm

freeman3 wrote:Russians: "We've got Hillary dirt."
Don, Jr: "Why Ivan...I love Hillary dirt. We're interested in spreading that dirt around the Battleground States..."

Once the Russians said that they had something illegal to offer the Trump campaign (Hillary dirt), all Don, Jr. had to do was show interest in getting that dirt. And he did that in various ways as shown. That's solicitation to violate the campaign finance laws prohibiting foreign contributions to US campaigns.Case closed. You don't get to play footsie with the Russians about their interference in a US presidential electon.

Good luck with that case. Really. Good luck.
Ambassador

Post 06 Feb 2018, 3:48 pm

rickyp wrote:fate
Don Jr. went to the meeting.

1. Was Don acting for the campaign at this meeting

He also brought along the Donald Trump campaign chairman, and Donald Trump seniors most trusted adviser.....So, yeah.

Fate
2. Was the Russian attorney acting for the Russian government at this meeting

from the original goldstone email.....

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

from a follow up email setting the meeting
Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday

Going into the meeting one would have to assume that the term Russian Government attorney has meaning.
She was just name by justices in Switzerland for conducting herself in the same manner in Switzerland.
LONDON—The Moscow operation behind the now-infamous Russian-Trump Tower meeting in June 2016 included a direct attempt to enlist a foreign country’s law-enforcement official as a virtual double-agent, according to a court case in Switzerland.

One of Switzerland’s top investigators has been fired after allegations of bribery, violating secrecy laws, and “unauthorized clandestine behavior” in meeting with the very same Russian actors linked to the Trump Tower encounter

fate
3. Did any election-altering magic come out of the meeting?

You don't have to be successful at a criminal act to be guilty of the criminal act.And the attempt that is criminal is conspiracy...
Collusion is not a crime, but basically the criminal equivalent is conspiracy," said former federal prosecutor Randall Eliason. "You could have a conspiracy to defraud the U.S. by interfering with our election."

Again, good luck!

I wish you all the best.

But, you might want to check for a co-ed prison, because if this is the standard you want to use, Hiilary's gone too.

She and the DNC hired Fusion GPS, which hired Steele. He not only dealt with the Russians, but the dossier was fed to the FBI and the Clinton campaign gave Steele more info to put in the dossier.

I'm not sure how Clinton's not guilty of colluding with the Russians by the standards you all are using.

Lock them all up! Woo-hoo!
Ambassador

Post 06 Feb 2018, 4:44 pm

History

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats- ... mail_share
Adjutant

Post 06 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

You're not a lawyer...but I would expect the normal response woild be this is what I interpret the statute to mean, this is the evidence, and this is why I do not think there is enough evidence for a violation. Any other response is...pretty much meaningless.
Ambassador

Post 06 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm

freeman3 wrote:You're not a lawyer...but I would expect the normal response woild be this is what I interpret the statute to mean, this is the evidence, and this is why I do not think there is enough evidence for a violation. Any other response is...pretty much meaningless.

Nope.

I really don't care. Put them all in jail.

However, I don't agree with your interpretation. You infer a lot of intent. I don't think you know enough to KNOW what the intent was, what all the statements were, or what the weaknesses and strengths of the evidence are. I'm willing to wait. Let me know when the perp walks start.

It starts with Hillary. She and her campaign were as dirty as any ever. That's evidenced by their takeover of the DNC, then using a firm to do their dirty work for them. They're criminals of the first order.

If you read about Carter Page and all the renewals in the FISA court, there is more criminal action there than anything you think Jr. did.

But, good luck! Let me know when the indictments are handed up. Really.

Oh, and try not to sleep 'til it happens.
Ambassador

Post 06 Feb 2018, 7:28 pm

Oh, this is good. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... e-case.php

“There were pictures of naked Trump,” one of the pranksters told Schiff, explaining that they were obtained by Putin’s goddaughter.

Schiff asks: “And the materials you can provide to the committee and to the FBI, would they corroborate this allegation? … So you have recordings… where they’re discussing the compromising material?”

“Obviously we would welcome the chance to get copies of those recordings,” Schiff tells them. “So we will try to work with the FBI to try to figure out how we can take copies of those… I’ll be in touch with the FBI about this, and we’ll make arrangements with your staff. I think it would be best to provide these materials to both our committee and the FBI. We’ll make arrangements between my staff and yours on how to facilitate that.”

Looks like Schiff “solicited” damaging political material from someone he believed was representing the Russian government.

He’s going to jail! He and Donnie can be cellies!
Statesman

Post 07 Feb 2018, 9:43 am

Bannon says that the thing Don Jr. should have done when contacted by the Russians was "inform the FBI". To take the meeting without a call to the FBI was treasonous...

Apparently thats what Shiff did in the matter you link....He called the FBI....

“Before agreeing to take the call, and immediately following it, the committee informed appropriate law-enforcement and security personnel of the conversation, and of our belief that it was probably bogus.

and according to the text of the conversation, told the people on the other end of the line the FBI was involved.

Obviously we would welcome the chance to get copies of those recordings,” Schiff tells them. “So we will try to work with the FBI to try to figure out how we can take copies of those… I’ll be in touch with the FBI about this, and we’ll make arrangements with your staff. I think it would be best to provide these materials to both our committee and the FBI. We’ll make arrangements between my staff and yours on how to facilitate that.”

Please compare and contrast with what Trump Jr. did... The lies he told.
And apparently the lies that Trump Sr. wrote, as he edited the response to questions about the meeting, in Air Force One. The meeting for which Hope Hicks (among others) is being pushed to report upon .

Its now being alleged that Nunes consulted with the White House before the final draft of his memo was written. If true, what does this tell you about the process Fate?
Ambassador

Post 07 Feb 2018, 9:55 am

We'll see.

In the meantime, the GOP members of Oversight all voted to release the Democratic memo. Zero Democrats voted to release the GOP memo.

The latest batch of texts reveal that "Potus" wanted to know what the FBI paramours were doing.

That’s not to say that there are no new developments on the Russia-collusion story. Last night, Rep. Trey Gowdy talked to Fox’s Martha McCallum about the FISA applications and the competing memos, but also dropped a little mini-scoop about the dossier. Gowdy’s not saying that Sidney Blumenthal was involved in the dossier effort as a conduit between Hillary Clinton and Christopher Steele … but if you say it, Gowdy will tell you you’re getting “really warm.” Hmmmmmm.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/07/ ... verything/

Meanwhile, put this on in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6gN72gycho

It's an interview with Trey Gowdy from yesterday. He talks about why he's leaving Congress. His reasons are the very reasons I wish he was staying. His priorities are right. This is a good man, even if you disagree with him. Listen to what he says about Tulsi Gabbard and Joe Kennedy. We need more representatives like this and less of the "win at all cost" types.
Ambassador

Post 07 Feb 2018, 10:04 am

I'm not afraid of where this goes. Release, release, release. Let's have more information. Let's not listen to WaPo, the NYT, and even government agencies. Sure, protect methods and sources, but let's have it out. Secrecy is how the government abuses its powers.

Let there be sunlight!

Throw every scoundrel in jail!
Adjutant

Post 07 Feb 2018, 11:35 am

Trey Goudy retiring? Good. The list of Republicans retiring before the 2018 election continues to grow. Better to retire...than to lose. I am assuming Trey Gowdy knows more than we do about the Russia investigation...and he's jumping ship. That should tell you something. But go ahead buy whatever bs reasons he gave for leaving when he is the chairman of the House Oversight Committee. Why would he give that up? I'll tell you why. He knew the Mueller report is going to be bad news for Republicans, they are going to lose the House, and he is not going to be chairman, DF. Good man, yeesh! How gullible are you? He is going to lose power--that's what his retirement is about.
Adjutant

Post 07 Feb 2018, 11:41 am

Trump sells out our country to Russia...and you are obsessed with finding out why the FBI did not reveal every negative thing in the FISA application. Here's a little secret: law enforcement isnt that forthcoming with the courts about negative stuff on their cases. You don't need some big investigation to discover that.
Ambassador

Post 07 Feb 2018, 11:52 am

freeman3 wrote:Trey Goudy retiring? Good. The list of Republicans retiring before the 2018 election continues to grow. Better to retire...than to lose. I am assuming Trey Gowdy knows more than we do about the Russia investigation...and he's jumping ship.

You are out of your tree. You think he was in political trouble, at risk of losing?

He does know more. If you listened to what he said, you'd see that he is FAR more balanced than any of the partisans (Schiff) and idiots (Swalwell) on your side.

That should tell you something. But go ahead buy whatever bs reasons he gave for leaving when he is the chairman of the House Oversight Committee. Why would he give that up?

If you listened, you'd know. He never even wanted that position. He doesn't like being the chairman of anything.

He was offered a federal judgeship and said no. That should tell you something. He's the real deal. He wants to be home and do things he cares about.

I'll tell you why. He knew the Mueller report is going to be bad news for Republicans, they are going to lose the House, and he is not going to be chairman, DF. Good man, yeesh! How gullible are you? He is going to lose power--that's what his retirement is about.

Oh boy.

You want to read his mind, but can't be bothered to listen to what he says?

Many times pols do this and are lying. I'm not going to deny that. However, when do they refuse better jobs? When what they say is what they mean.

Your cynicism betrays you.
Adjutant

Post 07 Feb 2018, 12:19 pm

Non-partisan? Trey "Benghazi" Gowdy? Lol.

He's is not at risk of losing an election--he is at risk of losing his chairmanship.
Last edited by freeman3 on 07 Feb 2018, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adjutant

Post 07 Feb 2018, 12:25 pm

And what does it matter what he says? He might even believe it but it's not relevant. He just became chairman after the previous chairman--Chaffee--decided to retire. He's going to give up an important, powerful position he just got? No way. Unless...he's not going to have it any longer...

Blue Wave 2018!!!
Ambassador

Post 07 Feb 2018, 12:55 pm

freeman3 wrote:Non-partisan? Trey "Benghazi" Gowdy? Lol.

I didn't say he was "non-partisan." He's in politics.

However, he is fair--listen to what he says about Gabbard and Kennedy.

He's is not at risk of losing an election--he is at risk of losing his chairmanship.

That he was reluctant to run for in the first place. Again, listen to what he says.