Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 09 Mar 2018, 10:00 am

Ray Jay wrote:
danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:
danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:Desperation is amusing to observe.

Indeed. The White House is flailing about. I am glad to be thousands of miles away.

Whatevs.

Apparently, Kim has agreed to denuclearize. We shall see, but if it’s anything at all, it’s more than Clinton, Bush, or Obama ever got.

Probably wants sanctions to be lifted and PR boosting trip to the White House, and then back to the routine. And he has agreed nothing - wait for the preconditions.

Yes

Cynics. It’s like y’all know history.

On the other hand, so far, no preconditions. US military exercises going ahead. This is unusual.

Could it be, maybe, that the steel tariffs, the increasing sanctions on North Korea, and other measures convinced China they had to push Kim?

We shall see.
Statesman

Post 10 Mar 2018, 8:52 am

Fate
Could it be, maybe, that the steel tariffs, the increasing sanctions on North Korea, and other measures convinced China they had to push Kim?

Why would the steel tariffs matter? China stands to gain from the stupid move.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/02/c ... l-tariffs/

Increasing sanctions? Mostly that's been because China is cooperating and ratcheting up sanctions that matter.
Other than idle conjecture what evidence is there that China was involved in anything other than sanctions ?
All available evidence suggests that the Olympic games served a purpose in opening dialogue and the efforts of Moon Jae-in have caused the thaw.
There is no evidence publicly available of what is motivating Kim.
Adjutant

Post 10 Mar 2018, 9:15 am

Really? The Olympic Games were the key? That's just absurd.

And the idea that China is happy about steel tariffs is just funny. They could be worried about what's next.

The most likely explanation is that China put pressure on Kim. After all, China can essentially end the the regime with sanctions. Hmm steel tariffs...and all of a sudden Kim is willing to talk?

Squeeze China so they squeeze NK. That ain't a bad strategy.
Ambassador

Post 18 Apr 2018, 7:46 am

Just wondering what Freeman, our lefty attorney, thinks about the negation of attorney-client privilege in this case ...
Adjutant

Post 18 Apr 2018, 8:18 am

Yeah, that's a big deal. I guess the judge who authorized the warrant thought there were other important interests at stake--namely, preservation of evidence in a criminal investigation--and that much of the documents would not be privileged. But still. I get subpoenas all the time for past clients. I never up give anything from a client file.

Let's just say I have concerns. Hope it turns out the Justice Department did the right thing.