Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 29 Jul 2017, 12:34 pm

This woman is so out of touch with reality that she actually continues to believe she is politically important.

http://heavy.com/social/2017/07/hillary-clinton-book-what-happened-best-memes-reactions-tweets-funny-photos/

What red meat she's thrown to the hyenas!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BetterNamesForHillarysBook?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fheavy.com%2Fsocial%2F2017%2F07%2Fhillary-clinton-book-what-happened-best-memes-reactions-tweets-funny-photos%2F
Ambassador

Post 29 Jul 2017, 12:39 pm

I think she wants to run again.
Statesman

Post 30 Jul 2017, 2:14 pm

dag
This woman is so out of touch with reality that she actually continues to believe she is politically important

She did win the popular vote by a significant margin.
She'll sell a lot of books and many, particularly women, will feel she has important contributions to make.
But her current approval ratings are only around 41%.... So she won't be doing anything that requires getting voted in.....
Ambassador

Post 30 Jul 2017, 5:44 pm

rickyp wrote:dag
This woman is so out of touch with reality that she actually continues to believe she is politically important

She'll sell a lot of books and many, particularly women, will feel she has important contributions to make.
But her current approval ratings are only around 41%.... So she won't be doing anything that requires getting voted in.....

She won't sell a lot of books. Google this: how many copies of hillary clinton's book sold

It's not pretty.

We know why she lost. She's tired and has no message.
Statesman

Post 31 Jul 2017, 1:37 pm

fate
She won't sell a lot of books. Google this: how many copies of hillary clinton's book sold

What Happened is Number 3 on Amazon right now.
Which surprises the hell out of me, because the meme on conservative internet is that the book is tanking... If its tanking and still number 3..... what does that say about all other books?

See below...

http://sre.novelrank.com/d9b440b1862d67 ... cc0a5751f1

Still Hill's actually been a pretty successful author over time.. "living History" sold 1.1 million copies. At $6 a copy she'd earn quite a check.
Ambassador

Post 31 Jul 2017, 2:11 pm

rickyp wrote:fate

What Happened is Number 3 on Amazon right now.
Which surprises the hell out of me, because the meme on conservative internet is that the book is tanking... If its tanking and still number 3..... what does that say about all other books?

See below...

http://sre.novelrank.com/d9b440b1862d67 ... cc0a5751f1

Still Hill's actually been a pretty successful author over time.. "living History" sold 1.1 million copies. At $6 a copy she'd earn quite a check.

No, she really hasn't been. Her last book that was going to carry her to the White Housetanked.

Hillary Clinton’s newest book, “Stronger Together,” which provides a policy blueprint for where she hopes to take the country if she is elected president, sold just 2,912 copies in its first week on sale, according to Nielsen BookScan.

And, What Happened won't be out until September. Let's see how it does then. The yawn factor should be quite audible.

Living History had a good week, then dropped sharply. Hard Choices? Meh

According to Nielsen Bookscan data – which makes up roughly 85% of all retail book sales – Clinton's memoir sold approximately 86,000 physical copies in its first week. Clinton's publisher, Simon & Schuster, told CNN on Tuesday that roughly 100,000 copies of "Hard Choices" were sold in the book's first week when you combine hardcover, e-book and preorders.

If you ask Clinton's critics, her book sales show people aren't eager for more of the former secretary of state. The memoir's sales pale in comparison to Clinton's first memoir, "Living History," which sold 438,000 copies in its first week and Sarah Palin's "Going Rogue," which sold just over 467,000 copies in its first week.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... b-or-both/
Statesman

Post 01 Aug 2017, 1:05 pm

well, tanked could be relative I guess.... In 2010 she'd already sold 1,491,000 books...
Nothing like Obama...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/political- ... most-books

And her rivals in 2016 ....not so much .

http://time.com/3956146/ted-cruz-hillar ... ion-books/

Hills doing okay. She got an outrageous advance on her latest tome...Even if it doesn't sell, she makes out just fine.
Now Ted Cruz, he's probably got a few hundred boxes in his garage of "A Time for Truth".
Thats the trouble with appealing to the part of the public that doesn't read. No money in the book writing thing.
Ambassador

Post 01 Aug 2017, 1:45 pm

rickyp wrote:well, tanked could be relative I guess.... In 2010 she'd already sold 1,491,000 books...
Nothing like Obama...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/political- ... most-books

And her rivals in 2016 ....not so much .

http://time.com/3956146/ted-cruz-hillar ... ion-books/

Hills doing okay. She got an outrageous advance on her latest tome...Even if it doesn't sell, she makes out just fine.
Now Ted Cruz, he's probably got a few hundred boxes in his garage of "A Time for Truth".
Thats the trouble with appealing to the part of the public that doesn't read. No money in the book writing thing.

Her expiration date is long passed. Keep telling us how relevant she is.

She lost to Trump.

https://giphy.com/gifs/xT9DPhONuz1SpCONiM
Statesman

Post 02 Aug 2017, 6:47 am

fate

You are incapable of absorbing information.... Here's what I said...

Ricky
But her current approval ratings are only around 41%.... So she won't be doing anything that requires getting voted in..

There is a peculiarly American habit of attempting to reduce one's opponents to caricatures in order to be able to debate that caricature rather than the actual person.
Its as if the complexity of the whole person is too difficult to engage. Ad its what the right does with Hillary. (Well pretty much everyone but especially Hillary)
Clinton may have failed in her bid for election. But she has had a remarkable career and made many significant contributions along the way. She remains a highly intelligent woman who has influenced many along her carer and continues to be respected for those contributions.
Plus she's gotten rich just from writing books.
That she lost to Trump is not only an indictment of her failings, but the failings of most of the American political system.
Trump is managing to make people long for George Bush... and re-evaluate their choice in 2016 too.
Emissary

Post 02 Aug 2017, 8:03 am

Ricky P wrote:

That she lost to Trump is not only an indictment of her failings, but the failings of most of the American political system.

I would take Trump on his worst day (which would be challenging to discern incidentally) than this criminal you feel you must lionize.

Trump is a lost soul. But he is not her.

For every point you attempt to make about her illustrious career, there is a backstory of lies, greed, corruption, murder, spite and theft that sadly accompany that legacy of criminality.

Like what's become a typical llinois politician these days, she deserves jail time and nothing more. And even if that were to happen, as it should, I'm sure she would use the experience as a chance to pen another "its all about me" book.
Adjutant

Post 02 Aug 2017, 9:05 am

Hillary is worse than Trump? Wait...how many people have the Clintons supposedly killed? Twenty, twenty-five?

"Come back to reality, Dom (Dags)..."
Ambassador

Post 02 Aug 2017, 9:36 am

rickyp wrote:fate

You are incapable of absorbing information.... Here's what I said...

Ricky
But her current approval ratings are only around 41%.... So she won't be doing anything that requires getting voted in..

Thank you for conclusively proving my point: her expiration date has come and gone.

There is a peculiarly American habit of attempting to reduce one's opponents to caricatures in order to be able to debate that caricature rather than the actual person.

Let's see . . . you attempted to reduce me to a caricature in order to be able to debate that caricature rather than me. So, it must not be "peculiarly American," unless you mean "North American."
Ambassador

Post 02 Aug 2017, 9:39 am

freeman3 wrote:Hillary is worse than Trump? Wait...how many people have the Clintons supposedly killed? Twenty, twenty-five?

"Come back to reality, Dom (Dags)..."

Is she worse than Trump?

Apparently, the American people thought so. That alone makes her persona non grata.
Adjutant

Post 02 Aug 2017, 10:10 am

Fair point...but I think it's pretty obvious that Hillary would have been a better president. But you got to get elected first and Hillary is someone who on her own merits would have never made it very far in politics. She lacks the political and social skills to do so. She drafted off of Bill Clinton, who did have such skills in abundance. Whatever else you want to say about Trump...he has the ability to connect with people, he has political skills. But he doesn't have the temperament, the knowledge, the ability to handle the job as president. While Hillary would have been mediocre...we would not be going through this farce of a presidency.

What Trump needs to do...is get out of the way for the most part, empower Kelly, get off twitter except for pitching his policies, let the grow-ups run things and present options and recommendations and he can then make the ultimate decision.

Yeah, right...
Ambassador

Post 02 Aug 2017, 10:32 am

freeman3 wrote:What Trump needs to do...is get out of the way for the most part, empower Kelly, get off twitter except for pitching his policies, let the grow-ups run things and present options and recommendations and he can then make the ultimate decision.

Yeah, right...

I could not agree more.