On June 7 Trump teased a major speech regarding the Clintons that he was going to give regarding the misdeeds of the Clintons.
"I am going to give a major speech on probably Monday of next week, and we're going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons," he continued. "I think you're going to find it very informative and very, very interesting. I wonder if the press will want to attend, who knows. Hillary Clinton turned the State Department into her private hedge fund — the Russians, the Saudis, the Chinese — all gave money to Bill and Hillary and got favorable treatment in return. It's a sad day in America when foreign governments with deep pockets have more influence in our own country than our great citizens."
June 7 was the day Donald, Jr set up the meeting with the Russian attorney.
Trump never gave the speech (ostensibly due to the Pulse nightclub tragedy).
The emails indicate that the dirt was based on Hillary's dealings with Russia. So that's apparently what Trump was planning to reveal on June 13. So two possibilities, (1) Donald, Jr was telling the truth and nothing happened, or (2) something did happen...but obviously hacked emails was not something that Trump could talk about.
But this talking about giving a major Clinton address on June 7 and then canceling it is circumstantial evidence that Trump knew about the meeting.
By the way, even if Donald, Jr is telling the truth...all that means is that the Russians were probably trying to gauge how interested the Trump campaign was in the information. I heard it described as a dangle. If the Russians went to all this trouble to set up the meeting just to see if Trump would take the bait if offered...it's hard to believe that they would not have tried further contact. After all, if they just wanted to help the Trump campaign by releasing the hack emails without getting something directly in return, they did not have to make direct contact at all.
To sum up the evidence thus far:
(1) June 7 Donald, Jr sets up meeting with Russian attorney for June 9
(2) June 7 Hours later Trump promises major Clinton speech for June 13. This speech is never given.
(3) The Russians had hacked emails as of June 9 when their representative met with Donald, Jr.
(4) June 9. Donald, Jr meets with Russian attorney and indicated serious interest in getting negative information on Hillary, not caring it was from Russian government
(5) By June 15 a hacker linked to Russia began releasing emails hacked from the DNC
(6) Wikileaks releases DNC emails in July 22
(7)Wikileaks releases Clinton emails on October 7
(8) on the repayment side we have Flynn trying to mollify the Russian ambassador on sanctions, all these contacts between Trump associates and the Russian ambassador, meetings between Kushner and sanctioned Russian Bank, Kushner trying to set up back-channel communication system with Russia, Administration wants to give back Russian compounds lost due to sanctions, the appointment of Russian-friendly appointees--Flynn and Tillerson--to two out of three important foreign policy posts and the Administration's clear softness on sanctions and on relations with Russia in general
(9) Trump making extraordinary attempts to shut-down Russia investigation
The jigsaw puzzle...is filling up. So Trump was willing to collude, met with the Russians in order to collude and we don't know what was said, the Russians delivered the good after the meeting, Trump's actions regarding sanctions indicated reciprocity, and his actions regarding shutting down the Russia investigation indicated of consciousness of guilt that he did something wrong. Now we just did need a weak link (Kushner?) to confess that there was an explicit agreement.