Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
User avatar
Emissary
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: 15 Oct 2002, 9:34 pm

Post 09 May 2017, 5:21 pm

This dog has one person to thank for getting himself fired.....Bill Clinton.

Yet another victim of Clinton politics.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 20586
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 09 May 2017, 6:10 pm

dag hammarsjkold wrote:This dog has one person to thank for getting himself fired.....Bill Clinton.

Yet another victim of Clinton politics.


Everyone hates him.

What is shocking is how the Democrats are suddenly outraged that he got fired.

I will say it was not well-done.
User avatar
Adjutant
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: 17 May 2013, 3:32 pm

Post 09 May 2017, 6:37 pm

Just makes it look like there is more than smoke with regard to the Russian connections. What's the need to fire him other than to thwart that investigation? I am just not that sure we want him impeached, yet--4 years of Trump and no one will want to vote Republican...nah, I can't take 4 years of Trump. And there is the good of the country to think about. If that golf writer was not lying, and Trump had 100 million dollars from Russia in 2014 to put into golf courses...something bad was going on. And now he fires Comey? It don't look good.
User avatar
Adjutant
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: 17 May 2013, 3:32 pm

Post 09 May 2017, 7:08 pm

Reaction:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nyt ... n.amp.html
User avatar
Adjutant
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: 17 May 2013, 3:32 pm

Post 09 May 2017, 7:25 pm

I have to laugh how that ostensibly Comey is getting fired...for what he did to Hillary Clinton! Trump is supposedly firing Comey for what Comey wrongly did...to get Trump elected! It's ludicrous. You can't make this stuff up.

I am referring to the points raised in Deputy Attorney General's Rosenstein's memo, which supposedly supplied the rationale for the firing. He said that Comey should not have have usurped Attorney General Lynch's authority in announcing there was not enough evidence for filing a complaint against Hillary and for releasing derogatory information about Clinton. He also criticized Comey for making public right before the election that he was reopening the investigation due to the discovery of Huma Abedin's emails on her husband's computer. So essentially Rosenstein is saying that the Democrats and Hillary were right to complain about Comey's conduct. But, wow, for Trump to benefit from Comey's misconduct and then to fire him for it...I'm speechless...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews. ... r.amp.html
User avatar
Adjutant
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: 17 May 2013, 3:32 pm

Post 09 May 2017, 7:28 pm

But since we know that it is ludicrous for Trump to fire Comey for doing things that helped him...it's pretty clear this was about throwing a monkey wrench into the investigation into ties between Trump and Russia. We live in crazy (but interesting) times.
User avatar
Emissary
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: 15 Oct 2002, 9:34 pm

Post 09 May 2017, 7:59 pm

Freeman wrote:

.it's pretty clear this was about throwing a monkey wrench into the investigation into ties between Trump and Russia


Pretty clear? How about you take the mud glasses off then? Stop with the fairy tales. Or at least postpone them until more is brought to light.

I wrote about the fox, Bill Clinton, outsmarting the system months ago when he boarded the plane and consequently, nulled and voided Loretta Lynch (friend of the family no less) from going forward with punitive actions (her job mind you) thus forcing Comey into the pickle of having to give his "recommendation." And what a recommendation it was. She's guilty as all hell but I personally wouldn't bother with prosecuting her since I can't know her intentions. Hey Comey, her stupidity has nothing to do with her intentions.

Comey had no right to step outside his role. He is, or better, he was an investigator paid to investigate the facts and report on them. He was played like a cheap fiddle by the slickest politician who has ever lived.

Results for the Clintons?

1. delegitimize and cast suspicion on the email investigation
2. nullify the only legitimate department responsible for doling out punitive measures for bad behavior
3. Squash any chance of providing evidence of the Clinton "pay to play" politics/business scheme
4. Avoid jail time
5. Continue living above the rule of law

Do you really want to talk about the Russians Freeman? Let's do. Who do you think stole all those emails from the server SHE WAS KEEPING IN HER HOME? Say it slowly to yourself a few times. The former Secretary of State housing her own personal server in her home and conducting business involving national security. I use caps not to shout but simply to remind myself of the absolute tomfoolery that went on while the rest of the country sat back and watched and did nothing. In truth, there should have been pitch forks and torches in the streets outside her home. God knows what the Russians learned from her top secret emails. Well, apparently they learned enough to expose her.

And by the way Freeman, this ain't over by a longshot. And your party's silly efforts to spin this into machiavellian politics on the Trump side will reveal their strawman for what it is, more lies.

Russians. Stop with your boogeyman tales. If more clarity on the Russians is what you seek, continue investigating the Clintons.

I still think she is going to jail. Now more than ever. Trump dismissed his promise of pursuing her but others will not rest until she is behind bars. And rightly so.
User avatar
Adjutant
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: 17 May 2013, 3:32 pm

Post 09 May 2017, 9:28 pm

Oh come on Dags! The president of the United States of America just said he fired Comey because he made serious mistakes that caused him to be elected! In effect, he is saying that Comey stole the election, not Putin! Why are you even thinking about the Clintons? They are out of the game, man. Trump was so desperate to stop the FBI from investigating that they had to use the politically disasterous justification of saying that Comey made mistakes that helped Trump win. That's how desperate they are to stop the investigation. They're scared; it's definitely Nixonesque.

You construct sentences well Dags but they add up to nonsense due to your Clinton obsession. With Trump I think the question is increasingly becoming not whether he is connected to the Russians but whether he was an active participant or just passively went along with it.
User avatar
Emissary
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: 15 Oct 2002, 9:34 pm

Post 09 May 2017, 10:30 pm

Freeman,

I listen to your take on the matter and I hear soundbites. It's like listening to the talking heads on CNN or MSNBC.

There may be dirt on Trump and his so called connections to the Russians. I'm open to that possibility. But for you to claim that such is a slam dunk given the history I just reminded you of, is more than a stretch and terribly naive.

Even now, I don't get the seriousness of another country attempting to influence one of our elections. I've not found one convincing article or argument to persuade me otherwise. Sorry, I don't get it. Didn't Obama just get back from France? pushing his liberal agenda? and pleading with the frogs not to go down the path of nationalism? Wasn't that a bit blatant on his part? But then there are our covert efforts to influence elections abroad. What a joke.

Now if any shady dealings went down, such as Trump jeopardizing our national security by sending "the Russians" (what Russians by the way? Aren't there a few million or so? which Russian exactly?) top secret, classified information that's one thing. But what we have here are the Democrats performing their Yukon Cornelius routine, pic axe after pic axe, resulting in "nothing!"

The subterfuge and intrigue that you ascribe to Trump sounds like the very politics of the Clintons to me. I don't think Trump is capable of a great deal of sophistication. Maybe I'm wrong about him. I believe him to be as dumb as a fox so perhaps his insanity is all an act and he's really plotting to use the presidency to gain more profit for himself. Sorry, but I can't buy that.

This guy has everything. He's bored essentially. He knows he's at the end of his lifespan and there's nothing left for him to do to keep interested. Running the risk of ruining his legacy by engaging in treason essentially doesn't take into account his out of control ego. There are no more pyramids to build, he's only got the US Presidency to grasp onto for immortality.

If indeed you are correct and he did conspire with the boogeymen his detractors won't fail to give up dogging him for the next 4 years. And, if you're correct, we can expect even more evidence to make its way to the fore.

To say that Comey's firing has nothing to do with the Clintons is nonsense. You can not actually mean that. It has everything to do with that family.

Comey decided to enter the fray of partisan politics and was played and made a fool. He turned the position into something it was never set up to be. Apparently he felt as if he had no other options given the circumstances. I find that quite hard to believe.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 15856
Joined: 15 Apr 2004, 6:29 am

Post 09 May 2017, 11:19 pm

When Bill Clinton is a fox, he is a sly manipulator who gets Lynch to help drop the case against Hillary. When Trump is a fox, he is dumb

Are foxes sly, or dumb, Dag? And it is funny how you parrot one conspiracy theory and condemn another as total rubbish, when both are about as equally evidence.

Which Russians are purportedly involved with Trump? Oh come on, you know this one. Putin (you know, the President of Russia?) and Russian banks financing Trump's businesses (because American banks won't lend to him, having been burnt before...).

Whether it is true or not, we know which Russians we are talking about.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 15856
Joined: 15 Apr 2004, 6:29 am

Post 09 May 2017, 11:33 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:
dag hammarsjkold wrote:This dog has one person to thank for getting himself fired.....Bill Clinton.

Yet another victim of Clinton politics.


Everyone hates him.

What is shocking is how the Democrats are suddenly outraged that he got fired.

I will say it was not well-done.
The timing is quite interesting, coming just after Yates' testimony and the further revelations about who knew what about Flynn and when.

Comey handled the Clinton thing awfully, making public decisions and the reasoning in an odd way. Republicans were outraged when he said there was no case, but giving a verbal slap in the wrist last Summer. Democrats were outraged when he suddenly "re-opened" the case shortly before the election based on what we know believe was duff information. Republicans have been outraged that he was investigating Trump and his team's connections to Russia. Democrats were outraged that doing so was kept quiet at the same time as the Clinton case was publicly aired.

Basically, he was a bipartisan pain in the ass, and chances are would end up being fired by whoever.

I don't think that Democrats forget or forgive what he did, and I think they are quite capable of schadenfreude at the same time as condemning the manner of this sacking.
User avatar
Emissary
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: 15 Oct 2002, 9:34 pm

Post 10 May 2017, 6:19 am

Are you familiar with the subjunctive case Danivon? I said Trump may be as Dumb as a fox. I said I may be wrong about him.

Parroting a conspiracy theory? Equal evidence?

That's rich. I stated facts concerning the Clintons.

Tell me, was it conspiracy in your mind Danivon that Hilary had her work server in her home? Was it conspiracy that she was conducting government business and sensitive material from that server via her emails? Was it conspiracy that foreign actors were making massive "donations" to the so called Clinton Foundation? Was it conspiracy in your mind that Bill walked onto Lorretta's plane during an investigation of his family? Was it conspiracy that by doing so she recused herself of the investigation deferring to Comey's recommendation? Is it conspiracy to say they by recusing herself, Comey was put in the position of recommending a course of action on what steps to take in regard to her emails? Is it conspiracy that her investigation went nowhere in the end?

Curious.

As for "Russians." Putin and Russian bankers?

I must thank you. I've gotten more from you here than any other news source. I didn't realize Trump had conversations prior to the election with Putin. I didn't know he asked Russian banks to finance his election. Fascinating.

In fact, I said I am open to the possibility that shennanigans have gone on. I just haven't been convinced by the evidence. Where is it? What are the connections?

Ultimately Danivon, what we are witnesses is payback time. I've mentioned here before that the Dems are giving the Reptiles a taste of their own medicine. You might recall the Reptilian activity to thwart Obama at every turn grasping at anything they could to slow him down? Now the tables are turned and the Republicans deserve everything they get.

So facts vs conspiracy. You've got some explaining to do.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 4624
Joined: 08 Jun 2000, 10:26 am

Post 10 May 2017, 6:39 am

danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:
dag hammarsjkold wrote:This dog has one person to thank for getting himself fired.....Bill Clinton.

Yet another victim of Clinton politics.


Everyone hates him.

What is shocking is how the Democrats are suddenly outraged that he got fired.

I will say it was not well-done.
The timing is quite interesting, coming just after Yates' testimony and the further revelations about who knew what about Flynn and when.

Comey handled the Clinton thing awfully, making public decisions and the reasoning in an odd way. Republicans were outraged when he said there was no case, but giving a verbal slap in the wrist last Summer. Democrats were outraged when he suddenly "re-opened" the case shortly before the election based on what we know believe was duff information. Republicans have been outraged that he was investigating Trump and his team's connections to Russia. Democrats were outraged that doing so was kept quiet at the same time as the Clinton case was publicly aired.

Basically, he was a bipartisan pain in the ass, and chances are would end up being fired by whoever.

I don't think that Democrats forget or forgive what he did, and I think they are quite capable of schadenfreude at the same time as condemning the manner of this sacking.


I fully agree.

The Trump-Russian connection awaits to be determined. It's ironic because Trump is a real problem for Russia because of his more muscular policies in Syria and other places as well as increased U.S. drilling which keeps the price of oil down.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 4624
Joined: 08 Jun 2000, 10:26 am

Post 10 May 2017, 6:47 am

Dag:
thus forcing Comey into the pickle of having to give his "recommendation.


He wasn't "forced", right? He just made that decision even though it wasn't his role. The AG never recused herself so his action was wrong and the reason he should have been fired a while ago.

I hope Trump appoints an FBI Director or Special Prosecutor of stature and integrity. We shall see.
User avatar
Emissary
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: 15 Oct 2002, 9:34 pm

Post 10 May 2017, 7:03 am

Ray Jay you are of course correct. That is an important nuance to point out and is at the forefront of Trump's reasoning for letting him go, so goes one of the claims anyway (I'm sure there are quite a few more). I should have said that Comey felt compelled to fill the vacuum that was created when Bill stepped onto Loretta's plane. But the fact is I really don't know why Comey took it upon himself to fill the perceived vacuum. I know what he claims were his reasons but even then we're talking about overreach on a massive scale. He may have been attempting to protect Hilary from prosecution for all I know, though that will sound conspiratorial I realize. One thing that is certain, finding the truth in Washington DC is akin to finding the Lindbergh baby.