Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 06 Mar 2017, 8:48 am

I am calling for an independent investigation of Redscape.

Recently there have been numerous allegations concerning content on this site and whether or not it has been used by various think tanks to influence the national narrative.

I am not the only one here who has maintained for years that one or more of the members of this site have direct links to the news media and have fed the media certain topics that have ended up directing the national narrative on more than one occasion.

The only way we can get to the bottom of these questions is to hire independent counsel to assemble a team to investigate the allegations.

That team will need to provide clarity on who knew what and when they knew it. This is the only way we can fairly and equitably conclude that foul play has not infiltrated Redscape in any way, shape or form.
Administrator

Post 06 Mar 2017, 9:54 am

Am I the only one with a sarcasm sensor going off?
Emissary

Post 06 Mar 2017, 1:41 pm

I posted this thread in partial jest to see how many folks might actually check in to read it. Why? Because I am fascinated by what's become the latest political weapon in everyone's arsenal, namely, "the investigation."

The word alone is powerful. It grabs one's attention. Or at least for now it does. I believe it won't be long before ADD America simply begins to ignore the term altogether.

But for now both parties use "The Investigation" as part of their arsenal. The reptiles used it against Obama and now the demigods are using it against agent orange.

It seems to be a political tactic that accomplishes the following:

The all encompassing INVESTIGATION...

1. Directs ratings-driven media
2. Discredits and casts suspicion on whoever is being investigated
3. Stalls the opposition
4. Establishes a smokescreen to prevent attention given toward other more pertinent issues
5. Appeals to gossip driven culture
6. Increases expenditures for the incumbent
7. Oh, and I almost forgot, every now and again, legitimately acts as a check against the abuse of power

Thoughts?
Statesman

Post 07 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

dag
Oh, and I almost forgot, every now and again, legitimately acts as a check against the abuse of power
\
Assuming you mean investigations in or of Congress or the Administration?
Which investigations do you think have resulted in this (legitimate check on power) out of the many in the last 20 years?
I'll bet this would be a rare animal surrounded by dozens of "investigations" that amounted to an abuse of power.

On the other hand, an investigation into Russian electoral influence is necessary in order to provide confidence in the electoral system going forward. And the sooner the better as any revelations may help in the upcoming round of European elections where the Russians are said to be active as well.
Emissary

Post 10 May 2017, 6:47 am

Can anyone help me here for a minute?

Am I to believe that we are now going to have an investigation of an investigation?

And which investigations are going to be investigated exactly?

Is the Clinton Foundation still under investigation incidentally?

Is Trump under investigation?

Is Comey under investigation?

Will any or all of these investigations now be investigated?

Will any or all of these investigations now be re-investigated?
Emissary

Post 22 May 2018, 10:57 am

So, an investigation of the investigation has been called for? Does anyone know if it's possible to investigate the investigation investigating the investigation? I see that as a very real next step in all of this.

Over a year ago I wrote the following:

The all encompassing INVESTIGATION...

1. Directs ratings-driven media
2. Discredits and casts suspicion on whoever is being investigated
3. Stalls the opposition
4. Establishes a smokescreen to prevent attention given toward other more pertinent issues
5. Appeals to gossip driven culture
6. Increases expenditures for the incumbent
7. Oh, and I almost forgot, every now and again, legitimately acts as a check against the abuse of power

So Trump is reaching into the toolbox.
Adjutant

Post 25 May 2018, 9:29 am

I think what you are talking about is obstruction of justice which has been in the Trump toolbox all along. He has no compunction about damaging our institutions in order to win. Hopefully, his presidency will give people some perspective about our democracy. Before Trump there were significant problems in how our political system was running but the foundations were strong. Trump has started whacking at those foundations with a sledgehammer...