Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 17 Feb 2017, 1:36 pm

freeman3 wrote:Blacks in particular were subject to slavery and institutionalized discrimination. The question is, do we think that the effects of slavery and Jim Crow and other forms of discrimination have no effects into the present day?

What effects of slavery are there on a recent immigrant from Ethiopia? Nevertheless, he would receive preferential treatment--and why should he?

What effects of slavery are there upon those whose family tree has been very successful?

If we believe that, then ok the government should not do anything to try and correct what happened before.

There is no way to correct what happened before. Those people are all dead. Not one white person alive in the US today has ever owned slaves and I'm dubious that you can show they have benefited from slavery.

And yet, whites today are to be discriminated against--and in many cases for people whose ancestors suffered zero ill effects from slavery.

Now, had I been Lincoln's successor, I would have pushed for reparations right then and there. That didn't happen.

There is no way to make whole those who suffered. All you can do now is perpetuate racial animus, which is the only means Democrats have of obtaining power.
Administrator

Post 17 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm

what timing!?
A gropu of black students in Wisconsin are demanding FREE college education because of the slavery years when their great grandparents were denied.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/17/wi ... dents.html

"The resolution demands free tuition, free housing and no fees for all black people, including former inmates."
...now that's not racist is it???
Adjutant

Post 17 Feb 2017, 2:12 pm

The White House denies what? The memo exists. Whether they are going to do it or not is open to question, but White House denials at this point mean nothing. I don't see any denial regarding the memo. Perhaps you can direct me to that.
Emissary

Post 17 Feb 2017, 2:58 pm

The Chump played the media like a fiddle en route to the White House and now he's doing it again.

It has been a great pleasure watching the liberal talking heads fall for his scorched earth tactics again and again. They just don't get it. Not matter how many times it has to happen. They don't get that they are hated, mistrusted and deemed redundant by a significant number of the population. They themselves are not a small part of the problem of why the country is so divided. They are a massive piece to this puzzle. But their arrogance blinds them. They don't see themselves are part of the problem, admit to it or investigate it. It's like watching Sisyphus or a monkey who refuses to let go of the apple in order to wrest it from the jar.

Yesterday's press conference was brilliant. These so called reporters simply do not know how to box the Chump in or pin him down. The looks on their faces were priceless. It made my week.

And because they've been sidelined and don't understand how to proceed, they create news that suits their worldview only adding to their complete lack of credibility.

Ken Wilbur's assessment best articulates where things are....

https://www.dailyevolver.com/2017/02/tr ... sh-begins/
Ambassador

Post 17 Feb 2017, 3:16 pm

freeman3 wrote:The White House denies what? The memo exists. Whether they are going to do it or not is open to question, but White House denials at this point mean nothing. I don't see any denial regarding the memo. Perhaps you can direct me to that.

Wait. What?

Maybe YOU can direct me to the memo? Yes, I saw the "report" of a memo. Where is the actual memo?

This is garbage. You accuse Trump of being Stalin, yet there is no evidence whatsoever that this was even seriously contemplated.

Furthermore, even if it was being contemplated, it likely would be illegal and unworkable. So, bleh.

Moonbattery.
Ambassador

Post 17 Feb 2017, 3:19 pm

dag hammarsjkold wrote:The Chump played the media like a fiddle en route to the White House and now he's doing it again.

It has been a great pleasure watching the liberal talking heads fall for his scorched earth tactics again and again. They just don't get it. Not matter how many times it has to happen. They don't get that they are hated, mistrusted and deemed redundant by a significant number of the population. They themselves are not a small part of the problem of why the country is so divided. They are a massive piece to this puzzle. But their arrogance blinds them. They don't see themselves are part of the problem, admit to it or investigate it. It's like watching Sisyphus or a monkey who refuses to let go of the apple in order to wrest it from the jar.

Yesterday's press conference was brilliant. These so called reporters simply do not know how to box the Chump in or pin him down. The looks on their faces were priceless. It made my week.

And because they've been sidelined and don't understand how to proceed, they create news that suits their worldview only adding to their complete lack of credibility.

Ken Wilbur's assessment best articulates where things are....

https://www.dailyevolver.com/2017/02/tr ... sh-begins/

Oh, Trump had some missteps--like not knowing his was not the biggest win since Reagan.

Nevertheless, he is playing them for fools.

Wednesday, Trump chooses only conservative journalists. Liberals cry about "the fix" being in. Oh, woe is the media!

Thursday, he answers all their questions and . . . they cry about how mean he was!

It is pretty funny.

It's not presidential, but it is funny.
Adjutant

Post 17 Feb 2017, 3:55 pm

Laugh why you can Republicans. Middle America is going to elect Democrats in droves in 2018 to stop Trump. So if Republicans were smart they would pressure Trump to resign over these Russian connections.
Ambassador

Post 17 Feb 2017, 5:11 pm

freeman3 wrote:Laugh why you can Republicans. Middle America is going to elect Democrats in droves in 2018 to stop Trump. So if Republicans were smart they would pressure Trump to resign over these Russian connections.

Uh-huh.

I'm sure the Republicans are really scared. How many Democrats are running for the Senate in States Trump won handily?

Russian connections?

Get off Huff-Po!

For all you know, Trump might be 10x tougher on Russia than Obama. Then again, he'd only have to give up a couple of small countries to do that.
Statesman

Post 17 Feb 2017, 6:17 pm

fate
Do you, rickyp, make any connection between out-of-wedlock birth increase in the black community and increased incarceration?

Men in prison don't get married. I thought that was rather obvious.
First, estimates show that
incarcerated men are only about half as likely to be married as non-instituional
men of the same age, however they are just as likely to have children. By
2000, more than 2 million children had incarcerated fathers; 1 in 10 black
children under age 10 had a father in prison or jail by 2000

source: https://www.russellsage.org/sites/all/f ... Life_0.pdf

Women don't want to marry men with records. Their job prospects are lower, they've learned new social behaviours in prison ...they usually change for the worse.
Women also don't tolerate poor boyfriends or husbands as much in this century compared to the last. They've been empowered to end abusive or destructive relationships. They don't NEED to marry.

Do you, rickyp, make any connection between better jobs for Blacks 50 years ago than today and the increased incarceration rate?

Blacks had better jobs 50 years ago? Then how come
The poverty rate was higher among blacks 50 years ago.
In 1966, two years after Johnson’s speech, four-in-ten (41.8%) of African-Americans were poor; blacks constituted nearly a third (31.1%) of all poor Americans. By 2012, poverty among African-Americans had fallen to 27.2% — still more than double the rate among whites (12.7%, 1.4 percentage points higher than in 1966).

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... -portrait/

Poor black families today are disproportionately single person household families. (Single women.)
A large part of the reason for this is that so many black men have been warehoused for drug crimes.
And its been well documented that the justice system discriminates against young black men, convicting them more often and giving them tougher sentences than whites with similar offences..
Statesman

Post 17 Feb 2017, 6:22 pm

dag

You've got to be kidding...
Even Fox News are starting to revolt..

"It's crazy what we're watching every day, it's absolutely crazy. He keeps repeating ridiculous throw away lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we're some kind of fools for asking the question," said Smith.

"Your opposition was hacked and the Russians were responsible for it, and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it's happening, and we're fools for asking the questions? No, sir, we're not fools for asking the questions, and we demand to know the answer to this question. You owe this to the American people," Smith said.

"You call us fake news and put us down like children for asking these questions on behalf of the American people," Smith said. "The people deserve that answer, at very least."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /21715850/
Ambassador

Post 17 Feb 2017, 6:22 pm

rickyp wrote:fate
Do you, rickyp, make any connection between out-of-wedlock birth increase in the black community and increased incarceration?

Men in prison don't get married. I thought that was rather obvious.
First, estimates show that
incarcerated men are only about half as likely to be married as non-instituional
men of the same age, however they are just as likely to have children. By
2000, more than 2 million children had incarcerated fathers; 1 in 10 black
children under age 10 had a father in prison or jail by 2000

source: https://www.russellsage.org/sites/all/f ... Life_0.pdf

Women don't want to marry men with records. Their job prospects are lower, they've learned new social behaviours in prison ...they usually change for the worse.
Women also don't tolerate poor boyfriends or husbands as much in this century compared to the last. They've been empowered to end abusive or destructive relationships. They don't NEED to marry.

Do you, rickyp, make any connection between better jobs for Blacks 50 years ago than today and the increased incarceration rate?

Blacks had better jobs 50 years ago? Then how come
The poverty rate was higher among blacks 50 years ago.
In 1966, two years after Johnson’s speech, four-in-ten (41.8%) of African-Americans were poor; blacks constituted nearly a third (31.1%) of all poor Americans. By 2012, poverty among African-Americans had fallen to 27.2% — still more than double the rate among whites (12.7%, 1.4 percentage points higher than in 1966).

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... -portrait/

Poor black families today are disproportionately single person household families. (Single women.)
A large part of the reason for this is that so many black men have been warehoused for drug crimes.
And its been well documented that the justice system discriminates against young black men, convicting them more often and giving them tougher sentences than whites with similar offences..

Goodnight. You are hopeless.

Men in jail don't get married. Hmm, are they likely to have babies? Are they good prospects for either?

Your argument is so full of holes that, well, it isn't even an argument.
Adjutant

Post 18 Feb 2017, 12:58 am

First of all, there is no doubt as to the the existence of the memo. Let's get that straight. According to the Los Angeles Times it was being seriously considered as recently as February 10 by two DHS departments. Yeah it was crazy to consider but that's typical of this bat-shit crazy administration. You're starting to sound like Trump--we're crazy when we react to something that the Administration does that is crazy. Even for this to be considered was crazy. The Republican Party took over the South by appealing to racists who came from over the Democratic Party after 1964/1968. No, it is the Democratic Party that is racist. That is alternative history like Conway's alternative facts...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes. ... ent=safari
Statesman

Post 18 Feb 2017, 8:14 am

fate
Men in jail don't get married. Hmm, are they likely to have babies? Are they good prospects for either?

8. Parents held in the
nation’s prisons—52% of state inmates and 63% of federal
inmates—reported having an estimated 1,706,600 minor
children, accounting for 2.3% of the U.S. resident population
under age 18.

There is a hole in statistical reporting. You can be a parent to a child without being married to the mother or father. And data reporting doesn't distinguish.
But the question is, Why are there so many children born out of wedlock by Black?" Incarceration is a very large contributor. And the incarcerated population in the US is disproportionately black. Because the justice system discriminates.

In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.[1] Corrections (which includes prisons, jails, probation, and parole) cost around $74 billion in 2007 according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics.[2][3]

Incarceration ends relationships and destroys families. The correlation between the erosion of the black family unit and the increasing use of incarceration are correlated.
Ambassador

Post 18 Feb 2017, 8:29 am

freeman3 wrote:First of all, there is no doubt as to the the existence of the memo. Let's get that straight. According to the Los Angeles Times it was being seriously considered as recently as February 10 by two DHS departments. Yeah it was crazy to consider but that's typical of this bat-shit crazy administration. You're starting to sound like Trump--we're crazy when we react to something that the Administration does that is crazy. Even for this to be considered was crazy. The Republican Party took over the South by appealing to racists who came from over the Democratic Party after 1964/1968. No, it is the Democratic Party that is racist. That is alternative history like Conway's alternative facts...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes. ... ent=safari
(emphasis mine)

I don't believe for a second there was any intention to do activate the National Guard. In fact, the memo talks about governors of border States who are willing, etc. This is not what the headline purports.

Look, I once wrote a memo about our facility being underwater. That doesn't mean it was a serious proposal. Someone asked me to submit training scenarios and I didn't want to. So, I had some fun with it.

I also wrote a memo about cutting overtime and put it on the briefing board. It was read aloud and the troops believed it until the very end. They were whining and moaning--and I'd made the whole thing up by using the current circumstances and extrapolating theoretical policy based on the stated intentions of management.

Just because someone has a paper that says something doesn't tell us who wrote it. It's easy to fake memos. Trust me on that.

And, so what? Throwing out ideas is just that.

I do KNOW how bent the media is on making sure every American believes Trump is somewhere between Mussolini and the Joker. Democrats want us to think "Trump is Hitler." I think he is a bit of PT Barnum, but all this racism stuff is crap.

And, the Administration didn't "do" anything. A memo from some staffer without context isn't a "deed."

I agree with you: the Democratic Party is racist. It is the party that posits minorities cannot succeed so whites must be punished to level the playing field. The Democratic Party is also misogynistic. Women cannot succeed so men must be punished to level the playing field.

Any minority or woman who doesn't hew the party line is attacked as "inauthentic," "traitor," or worse.

How freaking crazy is the Left? Betsy DeVos has to have extra security! The Secretary of Education is now being guarded by marshals because liberal demonstrators are so unhinged.
Ambassador

Post 18 Feb 2017, 8:38 am

rickyp wrote:fate

8. Parents held in the
nation’s prisons—52% of state inmates and 63% of federal
inmates—reported having an estimated 1,706,600 minor
children, accounting for 2.3% of the U.S. resident population
under age 18.

Good point: so let's stop giving welfare to mothers who have children with men in prison! That's your idea, right?

Here's another idea: don't break the law!

I know, I know--crazy, right? I mean who doesn't want to sling some dope? Who hasn't been bored on a Friday night and said to his mates, "Hey, let's go do a drive-by?"

There is a hole in statistical reporting. You can be a parent to a child without being married to the mother or father. And data reporting doesn't distinguish.
But the question is, Why are there so many children born out of wedlock by Black?" Incarceration is a very large contributor. And the incarcerated population in the US is disproportionately black. Because the justice system discriminates.

No, no it's not "a very large contributor."

1. If someone is in prison, a woman should not try to conceive a child with him. That's just kind of, you know, common sense.

2. Men should not be having children they can't or won't support.

Problem solved. You're welcome.

In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.[1] Corrections (which includes prisons, jails, probation, and parole) cost around $74 billion in 2007 according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics.[2][3]

Incarceration ends relationships and destroys families. The correlation between the erosion of the black family unit and the increasing use of incarceration are correlated.

No. False. Bull.

"Incarceration" is a rubbish word. People are "incarcerated" for "breaking the law." Obey the law and you don't get "incarcerated."

Who is most likely to shoot and kill a black man? Is it a police officer or another black man?

So, do shut up.