Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 20 Dec 2016, 4:47 pm

Ricky,

Just a few facts for you to consider since we're talking about facts:

1. A Republican, or some version of one is now the United States President.

2. Republicans now control both the Senate and the House.

3. Republicans will soon have an advantage on the Supreme Court.

4. Republicans now have a majority of Governorships throughout the country.

So the criminal got the popular vote? Who cares? Yesterday's news. A has been. She's gone, never to be heard from again. A loser two times over and then some.

However, the New York Times one week out from the election had her chances of winning at 92%. They were not predicting that she win the popular vote mind you. They were predicting with spectacular hubris, that she would win the election. They were wrong. And they were not wrong by a little. They were wrong by....well, let's see here, well I guess you could say that 92% of their call was just flat out wrong.

No one, in any job, gets to be that wrong without consequences. Oh wait, I forgot about the polling scam artistry industry and wait, I forgot about economists too (see 2007-2008) God's curse be upon you Jim Cramer! Oh you remember this blowhard right? With the audacity to appear on Letterman a few weeks after the crash, silent, red faced with nothing to say when asked by Dave, how could you not have known? How could you not have suspected? How could you have been this wrong?

Teenagers at McDonalds are held to a higher standard of accountability than the majority of liberal news agencies in America.
Ambassador

Post 20 Dec 2016, 6:58 pm

I tend to agree with Tom that there is a leftist bias to the media. My main sources are NPR, the WSJ, Boston Globe, and Facebook (which is 85% liberal with my friend group).

I think it's not just how the media covers the news, but also what they find to be news worthy ... here's an interesting idea for a study ... take a news source that's considered unbiased (e.g. NPR) and quantify their number of stories on various topics. How many stories are about discrimination, mean capitalists, poverty? How many stories are about union corruption, weird jury settlements, partial birth abortions, expanding businesses, etc.? I think that would be very telling.