Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 09 Nov 2016, 11:15 am

I'll put this right out there on the record now. I think Donald Trump is a huge assassination risk and will probably be subject to multiple attempts on his life over the course of the next four years. The Secret Service do a pretty good job of course, but it really wouldn't surprise me if somebody eventually shoots Trump. So my prediction is that President Pence will be running for re-election in 2020.

What do we know about him ?
Administrator

Post 09 Nov 2016, 11:37 am

I actually thought that same thing with Obama. My mother-in-law voted for Trump with this in mind, she figured she despised Trump, Clinton and Kaine. She liked Pence so she voted for Trump with this in mind! I did joke to her Trump would not get assassinated because the Republicans own all the guns.
Emissary

Post 09 Nov 2016, 11:41 am

Lots of African Americans with guns who hate Trump. Hell, for that matter if there's people like your mother in law who voted Trump with a view to getting Pence then might there not be others who would go further ?
Emissary

Post 09 Nov 2016, 3:51 pm

This is a legitimate concern. The secret service will have their hands full.
Ambassador

Post 09 Nov 2016, 4:57 pm

dag hammarsjkold wrote:This is a legitimate concern. The secret service will have their hands full.

Twitter is filled with hateful junk from the Left. "Assassination," "Revolution," and the hashtag #notmypresident.

Weird. Before the election everyone worried about Trump accepting the results and what his followers might do . . .

I guess it's part of that "tolerance" thing.

Tolerance (Liberal dictionary): "The willingness to let others be and do and say whatever they want, as long as (you) agree with it."
Ambassador

Post 10 Nov 2016, 8:37 am

Doctor Fate wrote:
dag hammarsjkold wrote:This is a legitimate concern. The secret service will have their hands full.

Twitter is filled with hateful junk from the Left. "Assassination," "Revolution," and the hashtag #notmypresident.

Weird. Before the election everyone worried about Trump accepting the results and what his followers might do . . . "

Yes, good point on the irony.
Administrator

Post 10 Nov 2016, 11:21 am

I also found it funny (yet sad) how those on the right who did not like Trump were immediately cast as racists. It didn't matter what your reason was, you were simply a racist.
Now the shoe is on the right foot and the lefties have no problem not accepting Trump, even their own black portion are not racists, no these people have legitimate concerns and reasons. Those on the right are racists, liberals are simply "concerned with good reason"?

and we heard ALL ABOUT the right wing whackos at that time, the liberals were not that way. Yet here we have things even worse than when Obama was elected, funny how a liberal views things isn't it?

My take, BOTH parties have their crazies. The idiot Repbulicans who protested Obama were just that, idiots. The liberals now (hahaha, and there are many more of them than the right had) are also idiots. Try not to give them any sort of credit or acceptance, they are flat out wrong
Emissary

Post 23 Nov 2016, 12:11 pm

I suspected Trump might begin to move toward the center and not follow through on a great many of his promises. This week he mentioned that he doesn't want to waste the time, energy and money on pursuing the criminal. Lucky for her. He has also indicated an openness to the possibility of global warming. I'm fine with his re-alignments so long as they make sense.

To the point of this thread, I don't think we need to worry about someone from the left attempting to hurt Trump. It seems to me we should be more concerned about lunatics from the far right trying to hurt him since they will feel they were sold a bridge.

Wasn't it an Orthodox Jew who killed Yitzshak Rabin?
Administrator

Post 23 Nov 2016, 1:21 pm

was charging "The Criminal" ever an actual campaign "promise"?
I may have been, all I recall was during the one debate he mentioned doing so. If that was the only time, then it really didn't strike me as a real "promise" though yes it technically was i suppose.