Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 20 Oct 2016, 7:38 am

I thought Chris Wallace did a good job in the last presidential debate. He was far and away the best moderator we've seen so far. For all the hell Fox News catches for it's reporting, he did the brand a favor.

All that said, I am amazed at how much attention the media is now giving Chris Wallace. Both sides are spending an exceptional amount of time on Chris Wallace's performance.

I make this point to highlight something I've stated before, that the media has become its own class in America. Gone are the days of reporters reporting the news. Here to stay are ass clowns who see themselves as brands. Their view of themselves is so high that they see themselves as more important than any other class in the country. And they certainly are powerful given the sway they have over their constituents.

It just amazes me to watch this profession decline into a morass of pop stardom.
Emissary

Post 29 Oct 2016, 1:48 pm

I was in NY this week for work and noticed Megan Kelly on the cover of a magazine called, "Success"

Had to laugh. All she cares about is her brand. America's latest in cutting edge news.

In fact, Sean Hannity reminded one of his guests the other day that "I never said I was a reporter...I'm an entertainer. I have a TV show."

Pathetic.
Statesman

Post 30 Oct 2016, 2:44 pm

dag
I thought Chris Wallace did a good job in the last presidential debate. He was far and away the best moderator we've seen so far. For all the hell Fox News catches for it's reporting, he did the brand a favor.

All that said, I am amazed at how much attention the media is now giving Chris Wallace. Both sides are spending an exceptional amount of time on Chris Wallace's performance
Surely this is a good development. It will encourage others to be as prepared as Wallace.
Dignitary

Post 31 Oct 2016, 7:57 pm

rickyp wrote:dag

All that said, I am amazed at how much attention the media is now giving Chris Wallace. Both sides are spending an exceptional amount of time on Chris Wallace's performance
Surely this is a good development. It will encourage others to be as prepared as Wallace.

I just wish these so-called "debates" would either do away with the largely ignored time limits or give the moderators some actual ability to enforce the time limit, such as buttons to turn off the microphones, or perhaps the give the politician a good electric jab.
Ambassador

Post 01 Nov 2016, 8:35 am

georgeatkins wrote:I just wish these so-called "debates" would either do away with the largely ignored time limits or give the moderators some actual ability to enforce the time limit, such as buttons to turn off the microphones, or perhaps the give the politician a good electric jab.

With the technology we have, there is no reason for a moderator. We could have timed opening statements, say 20 minutes. We could have timed questions and answers between the candidates. Then, they could have timed closing statements.

If a candidate goes over, there could be a constant hum that gets louder as they continue to go over, or there could be an "over time" symbol on the TV screen with a clock showing how far over they are--or whatever.

The only reason to have a moderator is . . . so he/she can get in their partisan licks on the Republican (more often than not).