Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 25 Oct 2016, 12:01 pm

of the precious little I have read of these "other candidates" I don't mind Johnson. I also think a lot of nonsense went into his "Aleppo" comment. His position is clear, so he didn't know the name of a city in Syria? Big deal. Obama didn't know how many states we have yet Liberals love him despite not knowing his own geography.
Adjutant

Post 25 Oct 2016, 12:10 pm

The Aleppo comment and inability to name a foreign leader indicates a complete lack of interest in foreign affairs that is disqualifying in a presidential candidate who is seeking to preside over a country that has world-wide foreign policy interests. It also indicates a lack of seriousness in the candidate. Even if you are mostly focused on domestic policy issues and are going to be a non-interventionist president and scale-back interests abroad, you should keep up with foreign affairs if you're running for president. I mean, anyone who even casually watches the news would have seen the plight of Aleppo covered on numerous occasions. It's not nonsense; it's common sense.
Ambassador

Post 25 Oct 2016, 12:18 pm

freeman3 wrote:The Aleppo comment and inability to name a foreign leader indicates a complete lack of interest in foreign affairs that is disqualifying in a presidential candidate who is seeking to preside over a country that has world-wide foreign policy interests. It also indicates a lack of seriousness in the candidate. Even if you are mostly focused on domestic policy issues and are going to be a non-interventionist president and scale-back interests abroad, you should keep up with foreign affairs if you're running for president. I mean, anyone who even casually watches the news would have seen the plight of Aleppo covered on numerous occasions. It's not nonsense; it's common sense.

I thought the question rather unfair. "Aleppo" was not a good way to phrase it. I think the idiot who asked it intentionally sandbagged him.

"What do you intend to do about the slaughter in Syria?" is a much more fair question.

I doubt there are many who could point to a map and get anywhere near Aleppo.

I think he's had other missteps--and Bill Weld has not covered himself in glory either.
Adjutant

Post 25 Oct 2016, 12:30 pm

Suffice it to say that the best and brightest are not going into politics nowadays...

I gotta admit I got kind of ticked off when I saw a close Clinton aide get interviewed by Chris Wallace on the contribution to the Clinton Foundation by the King of Morrocco and he is trying to say that Hillary did not go to the conference there because he was worried about her schedule and he talked about the Russians...when Chris Wallace asks you whether that is to pay to play you answer them and defend what happened and not come up with those pathetic answers. How stupid does he think we are?
Ambassador

Post 25 Oct 2016, 12:45 pm

freeman3 wrote:Suffice it to say that the best and brightest are not going into politics nowadays...

I gotta admit I got kind of ticked off when I saw a close Clinton aide get interviewed by Chris Wallace on the contribution to the Clinton Foundation by the King of Morrocco and he is trying to say that Hillary did not go to the conference there because he was worried about her schedule and he talked about the Russians...when Chris Wallace asks you whether that is to pay to play you answer them and defend what happened and not come up with those pathetic answers. How stupid does he think we are?

Well, Mook does work for the woman who took a question about the CF and turned it into this gem:

Well, everything I did as secretary of state was in furtherance of our country’s interests and our values

That is comedy gold!

Oh, and how about when Wallace cited her "open borders" comment in a speech to Brazil and she spun this:

You know, we trade more energy with our neighbors than we trade with the rest of the world combined. And I do want us to have an electric grid, an energy system that crosses borders. I think that would be a great benefit to us.

:laugh:

People say she's not funny! C'mon!

I bet Lanny Davis believes her.