Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 02 Nov 2016, 10:42 am

the law only matters when it applies to a liberal, then it is a matter of letter of the law breaking and even then they are allowed some leeway. Hillary broke the law many times. Let's not worry about breaking laws when it's a conservative, simply blame him for doing so if it fits your position.

it's easy to remember:
Trump Bad
Hillary Good

...repeat as often as it takes for people to believe you.
Adjutant

Post 02 Nov 2016, 11:43 am

Well, according to the tax opinion letter "there was no statute, regulation or judicial opinion" that explicitly allowed his tax scheme. Is how that you do your taxes--coming up with a scheme no one says is ok? The tax advisory letter expected the IRS to rule against Trump 2/3 of the time for 6 of the 7 components.

In the same position, would you do what Trump did? In other words, would you claim tax benefits for money you knew you did not lose based on a scheme that had never been approved?

It was immoral, unethical and by virtue of the fact that he shifted almost a billion dollars of taxes he should have paid to other taxpayers it should be a disqualification for president.

Did he break a law? I think it is a fraudulent scheme. It's basically swapping stock worth almost nothing for almost a billion dollars in bad loans. And he knew it. So I think it's basically misrepresentation. Similar basically fraudulent tax schemes had been devised in corporate swaps for bad loans. I guess if CPAs devise these things they are ok :confused: . Why the IRS found it so difficult to see through these schemes is beyond me but Congress had to eventually ban them. The reality of course is the IRS going to challenge a major developer with tax advisors and lawyers to fight back? Of course not! Here's the small fry they go after.

http://www.opn.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinion ... 05p-06.pdf
Administrator

Post 02 Nov 2016, 12:42 pm

Trump is a jerk, he should not be president, he should not even be part of the Republican party let alone their candidate. I agree he is immoral and shady.
All that said, I doubt he broke the tax codes but took advantage of a loophole that shows how slimy he is. But again, no broken law means no disqualification for being shady. Don't vote for him, please don't vote for him! But please open your eyes, just because you hate him does not excuse Clinton for all her nonsense that is not just shady but rather VERY shady and she has absolutely broken the law not just skirted doing so.

Criticize Trump, go ahead! But please stop the partisan nonsense trying to paint Hillary as some sort of angel. I have seen dozens of time the liberals here point to how Hillary TECHNICALLY never broke laws (yes she did) and then go on to try and show how Trump is guilty of exactly the same thing but she's innocent and he's guilty. You guys can't have it both ways!

And isn't it a good idea to have someone who knows how to skirt tax laws in charge of closing those loopholes? I am not supporting him here but c'mon, he knows the situation first hand. Maybe it takes a crook to catch other crooks? (absolutely not a ringing endorsement for him mind you)
Adjutant

Post 02 Nov 2016, 12:58 pm

I am not closing my eyes to Hillary's faults. I am just considering the alternative.
Administrator

Post 02 Nov 2016, 1:13 pm

well let's look at the things you say.
Everything critical of Trump and excuse me if I missed one or two minor criticisms of Clinton but I can't recall ANY but do recall several strong statements in support of her. Throw in your leaping to conclusions on this Comey situation and, I think you see the point?

You have been incredibly partisan now haven't you?
Statesman

Post 02 Nov 2016, 1:17 pm

tom
it's easy to remember:
Trump Bad
Hillary Good

Because of your system you really only have two choices for President.
Even the VP candidate for the Libertarians is saying that in swing states people considering Libertarian should vote for Hillary.

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/libertarian ... on-n676726

Perhaps the starkness of the choice isn't clear to those who buy into the deominization of Clinton. However today at 3PM PT Trump will receive another blow from his past...
It will be interesting to see how this is received...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/201 ... ce=copyurl
Adjutant

Post 02 Nov 2016, 1:19 pm

I think you missed my scathing criticism of Bill for meeting with the AG and, more recently, her aide's pathetic explananation with regard to the 12 million donation by the King of Morocco.
Ambassador

Post 02 Nov 2016, 2:08 pm

rickyp wrote:tom
it's easy to remember:
Trump Bad
Hillary Good

Because of your system you really only have two choices for President.
Even the VP candidate for the Libertarians is saying that in swing states people considering Libertarian should vote for Hillary.

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/libertarian ... on-n676726

Perhaps the starkness of the choice isn't clear to those who buy into the deominization of Clinton. However today at 3PM PT Trump will receive another blow from his past...
It will be interesting to see how this is received...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/201 ... ce=copyurl

1. There are more than two choices. Trust me.
2. Anyone who says "No one else can win" is voting pragmatically, not out of principle.
3. Weld is a Statist, always has been.
4. That accuser will get all the credibility she has earned. I hate those who commit sex crimes against children. Is there something missing in this situation? Only one thing: evidence. Anyone can *claim* whatever they want, but it's a bit much that some child was "raped" and can only be bothered about it after someone is running for President.
Ambassador

Post 02 Nov 2016, 2:09 pm

freeman3 wrote:I think you missed my scathing criticism of Bill for meeting with the AG and, more recently, her aide's pathetic explananation with regard to the 12 million donation by the King of Morocco.

But, you're voting for her, in spite of many, many lies and many, many ethical lapses (too put it mildly).
Adjutant

Post 02 Nov 2016, 3:13 pm

My vote is my very, very small say in deciding the direction of the country. My vote for Hillary reflects the absolute conviction that my vote will contribute in a small way towards the country going in the right direction. I expect that Republicans will make that same judgment with regard to voting for Trump--will the country be better off with him than Hillary? All the other stuff is just noise. Neither one of them has been convicted of anything.

Anyone who thinks this is not a binary choice is deluding themselves.
Ambassador

Post 02 Nov 2016, 3:43 pm

freeman3 wrote:My vote is my very, very small say in deciding the direction of the country. My vote for Hillary reflects the absolute conviction that my vote will contribute in a small way towards the country going in the right direction. I expect that Republicans will make that same judgment with regard to voting for Trump--will the country be better off with him than Hillary? All the other stuff is just noise. Neither one of them has been convicted of anything.

Anyone who thinks this is not a binary choice is deluding themselves.

Pragmatism over principles.

"Neither of them has been convicted of anything."

What a sad standard.

He is an ass. She is as corrupt as anyone who has ever been in office.

She said the other day, "There is no case."

I heard, "I am not a crook."

She should be impeached and convicted the day after the election.
Adjutant

Post 02 Nov 2016, 10:59 pm

Principles? I really don't know what you are talking about. David Duke got 5.1% in a poll in Lousiana and was allowed to take a debate stage in Lousiana in the race for United States senator and spout his white supremacist garbage. White supremacists are coming out from the shadows as a result of Trump. Trump has admitted to sexual assaults on women and various women have come forward to confirm them.

Trump is not willing to say he will accept the results of the election. Some Republicans don't want to approve Supreme Court justices indefinitely if Hillary wins.

Hillary had issues with taking sufficient care over classified information in emails, and vague allegations of corruption (without proof of payment for any specific policy). Republicans think if they shout something enough times other people will believe them but they never (other than Monica Lewinsky ) have been able to pin anything on the Clintons. They've made a lot of money since they have been in public service. Ok. But did they make the money improperly? No. The Clinton Foundation takes money from contributors and Hillary...did what to do to help those contributors? Nothing is the right answer.

A campaign that has emboldened racists to come out into public and refusing to accept the results of elections vs. minor stuff at best. Not to mention that Trump is incredibly unstable, unqualified, with little or no preparation for being president.

I am quite good with resting on my principles here. What Republicans want to do is subject democratic presidential candidates to exhaustive investigations and turn every mistake made by the candidate as being an impeachable offense. The rest of us don't have to accept that characterization, however.
Ambassador

Post 03 Nov 2016, 6:14 am

Doctor Fate wrote:
freeman3 wrote:I think you missed my scathing criticism of Bill for meeting with the AG and, more recently, her aide's pathetic explananation with regard to the 12 million donation by the King of Morocco.

But, you're voting for her, in spite of many, many lies and many, many ethical lapses (too put it mildly).

Even with all of Hillary's faults (corruption and bad judgement, etc., etc.), when all is said and done, and all has been said and done, the great depression was started by a trade war, and Trump is calling for a trade war.

Furthermore, a guy who spends the wee hours of the morning thinking about all the people who have wronged him is a dangerous guy. I honestly believe he does not have the normal psychological control mechanisms that most humans have. We cannot let him control the nukes. What else is there to discuss?
Dignitary

Post 03 Nov 2016, 7:48 am

Ray Jay wrote:[, a guy who spends the wee hours of the morning thinking about all the people who have wronged him is a dangerous guy. I honestly believe he does not have the normal psychological control mechanisms that most humans have. We cannot let him control the nukes. What else is there to discuss?

Amen, brother.
Adjutant

Post 03 Nov 2016, 10:43 am

We're beyond the political and into existential concerns. RJ cut through all the stuff out there. Trade wars...real wars. Trump at the helm. Omg.