Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 18 Jul 2016, 8:35 pm

Thoughts so far?

Trump's wife has been the highlight for me so far and not simply because she's easy on the eyes. I thought she presented well.
Dignitary

Post 19 Jul 2016, 4:40 am

dag hammarsjkold wrote:Thoughts so far?

Trump's wife has been the highlight for me so far and not simply because she's easy on the eyes. I thought she presented well.

Of course she had a good speech writer.
Administrator

Post 19 Jul 2016, 5:12 am

she supposedly wrote the speech herself with very little help. That's what they are telling us and maybe that's why she has a charge of plagiarizing Michelle Obama's similar speech. The one passage does sound very similar no doubt but I don't know, the two thoughts and sentiments are pretty generic and common. I watched most of her speech (only because she is so freaking STUNNING) and then went to bed. I thought she did a good job though.

Funny thing, I saw her and simply thought "Damn"
My wife saw her, thinks pretty much the same thing and then goes on to look up her age, if she had any "work" done, etc...
Ambassador

Post 19 Jul 2016, 9:42 am

The bits that appeared to be word for word the same as Mrs Obama included where she was talking about hard work and honesty.

Of course she looks great, she did glamour modelling.

Not that the spousal endorsement is not about the most hackneyed cliché in politics. Let's see how Bill goes with his...
Administrator

Post 19 Jul 2016, 9:57 am

If she wrote most of the speech as is reported, I have little doubt she accidentally stole some from Michelle. I have to think she watched as many similar speeches as she could to prepare and decide on what to say. It looks like she remembered a bit more than she thought!? If it were an intentional rip off, then shame shame shame! But if it were unintentional, it's nothing more than making a mountain out of a mole hill, heck it's giving great kudos to Michelle Obama for her nice speech as well?

Let's not forget our Vice President is a known plagiarizer. The possible first lady is hardly an issue (unless again, she did so on purpose and nobody can likely prove that nor is it very likely either)
Emissary

Post 19 Jul 2016, 10:08 am

I don't know why I subscribe to the New York Times. They absolute infuriate me these days. I listened to the so called "plagiarized" lines. This newspaper will do anything to discredit Trump. Granted the man is a fool, even an ass clown, but the NYT editorial staff and many other NYT regulars are simply pathetic when it comes to grasping onto to anything they can to try and turn it into something.
Ambassador

Post 19 Jul 2016, 11:05 am

She did not write it. Trump spokesperson said as much already.

Jason Miller, the campaign’s senior communications adviser and
Trump’s speechwriter, had said Melania Trump’s speech included “fragments” of others’ speeches that “reflected her own thinking”, though did not directly answer accusations of plagiarism.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... elle-obama
Ambassador

Post 19 Jul 2016, 11:07 am

dag hammarsjkold wrote:I don't know why I subscribe to the New York Times. They absolute infuriate me these days. I listened to the so called "plagiarized" lines. This newspaper will do anything to discredit Trump. Granted the man is a fool, even an ass clown, but the NYT editorial staff and many other NYT regulars are simply pathetic when it comes to grasping onto to anything they can to try and turn it into something.

So you heard the bits that are the same, word for word, and the others that were slightly different but essentially the same? Did you see the rickroll as well?
Dignitary

Post 19 Jul 2016, 11:57 am

dag hammarsjkold wrote:I listened to the so called "plagiarized" lines. This newspaper will do anything to discredit Trump.

Right, it's the NYT's fault that her speech had portions that were plagiarized. Well, good artists copy, great artists steal. And you heard it here first!

:laugh:
Ambassador

Post 19 Jul 2016, 12:10 pm

Anyway, enough about the fluff. What about the platform? I hear that the Republicans refused to include reference to homosexuals as victims of ISIS.
Administrator

Post 19 Jul 2016, 12:48 pm

the "Rickroll" is just stupid talk!

The stolen lines are bad
If a speech writer did that, he should be fired
If it were Melania simply writing something she recalled in the back of her mind, I can forgive that, she is not a speech writer, does not normally do speeches, etc. Similar to if I were to write a song, (I am no song writer) I may unknowingly take parts of another's song without consciously doing so.
Ambassador

Post 19 Jul 2016, 1:54 pm

No need to be so gallant in her defence, Tom. She's already got her white knight. :wink:
Emissary

Post 19 Jul 2016, 7:19 pm

Didn't Michelle plagarize portions of her own speech?
Ambassador

Post 19 Jul 2016, 7:20 pm

dag hammarsjkold wrote:Didn't Michelle plagarize portions of her own speech?

Evidence?
Emissary

Post 19 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm

Not only Michelle but her husband and Joe Biden....so go the claims.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/19/melania-trump-plagiarism-hillary-biden-barack-michelle/

Do you have evidence that she didn't?