Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 28 Jul 2016, 7:32 am

As of yesterday, 130 media outlets have been closed. I also heard somewhere that over 11,000 people have been arrested so far. Is using the situation to completely overhaul the military. Now there will no longer be a watchdog for democracy inside turkey. Whether Erdogan Staged a coup or not remains to be seen. But he is obviously using this as his chance to become turkeys first dictator.
Emissary

Post 20 Dec 2016, 10:08 am

Turkey is becoming more and more destabilized. We are watching a perfectly normal country collapse into insanity.

I wonder how Putin will respond now.

I suspect it will not be pretty.

I go back to what I said in another thread that my guess is Putin did what he could to get Trump elected because he thought it might help him bring a close to the mess inside Syria.

I believe Trump and Putin are of like minds when it comes to the religion of peace.

This is going to get very ugly folks.
Dignitary

Post 20 Dec 2016, 8:11 pm

dag hammarsjkold wrote:Turkey is becoming more and more destabilized. We are watching a perfectly normal country collapse into insanity.
I wonder how Putin will respond now.
I suspect it will not be pretty.
I go back to what I said in another thread that my guess is Putin did what he could to get Trump elected because he thought it might help him bring a close to the mess inside Syria.
I believe Trump and Putin are of like minds when it comes to the religion of peace.
This is going to get very ugly folks.

Really? What I find amusing is the complete turnabout by Democrats, now that they lost. To summarize:

BEFORE NOV 7:

"There is no reason to suspect Clinton's computer or emails were hacked. The FBI is wasting its time. Hillary did nothing wrong."

"There is no voter fraud. That's the usual Republican code-speak for trying to keep blacks from voting. There is no election rigging going on, Mr. Trump."

"We would be sad, but gracious in accepting our defeat if it happened, Mr. Trump. Will you?"

AFTER NOV 7:

"The Russians hacked Hillary's computer! The Russians hacked the DNC computers!"

"There had to be voter fraud and election rigging! We want recounts. We want the Electoral College overturned! The Russians must have tampered with all of the voting machines across the country and threatened good Democrats to stay home! It was Putin and Trump!"

"Hell no! We won't go!" So we protest at Elector sites! We yell, moan, scream, weep, and demand justice! We try to bribe, cajole, and threaten Electors. We will pay them to disobey the law and vote for anybody but Trump!
Ambassador

Post 21 Dec 2016, 12:49 am

Wrong thread, George.