Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 01 May 2011, 8:03 pm

Details coming, but good, nothing 2-3 trillion couldn't accomplish.
Administrator

Post 01 May 2011, 8:44 pm

Anyone who is hell bent on causing such terror as this lunatic has, then its trillions well spent. The only odd thing is on one hand I am happy and even a bit joyous but the other hand, I feel "wrong" cheering for someones death. I remember the Iraqi's that danced for joy when the twin towers were hit, and I feel a bit like them and their joy for death.
I will keep the celebration to my inner self only but WILL say, good riddance to such trash!
Ambassador

Post 01 May 2011, 9:20 pm

It will make it easier for us to exit Afghanistan and Pakistan which is a good thing and save American lives.
Adjutant

Post 01 May 2011, 9:28 pm

Anyone who is hell bent on causing such terror as this lunatic has, then its trillions well spent.

And this is why the federal government is going bankrupt, and trying to drag us down with it.

I remember the Iraqi's that danced for joy when the twin towers were hit, and I feel a bit like them and their joy for death.

Ha! Looks like WE got the last laugh! Looks like it's all tied up in a neat little package!
Adjutant

Post 01 May 2011, 9:33 pm

Ray Jay wrote:It will make it easier for us to exit Afghanistan and Pakistan which is a good thing and save American lives.

:no:
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 01 May 2011, 11:05 pm

On June 2, 2009 the President signs a memo to Director Panetta stating “in order to ensure that we have expanded every effort, I direct you to provide me within 30 days a detailed operation plan for locating and bringing to justice Usama Bin Ladin…”

In the lead up to this operation, the President convened at least 9 meetings with his national security Principals. Principals met formally an additional five times themselves; and their Deputies met 7 times. This was in addition to countless briefings on the subject during the President’s intelligence briefings; and frequent consultations between the NSC, CIA, DoD and Joint Staff. The President was actively involved in reviewing all facets of the operation.

The President made the decision to undertake the operation at 8:20am on April 29th in the Diplomatic Room before he left for Alabama. In the Dip Room were Donilon, Daley, Brennan and McDonough. Donilon then prepared the formal orders and convened the Principals at 3pm to complete the planning.

May 1 -- staff worked pretty much all day today on the operation. Principals have been in the Situation Room since 1pm.

2:00pm the President met with the Principals to review final preparations.

3:32pm the President returned to the Sit Room for an additional briefing.

3:50pm the President first learns that UBL was tentatively identified.

7:01pm the President learns that there’s a “high probability” the HVT was UBL.

8:30pm the President receives further briefings.
Administrator

Post 01 May 2011, 11:05 pm

Should we have just ignored him? That was tried and it didn't work so well did it?
Adjutant

Post 01 May 2011, 11:39 pm

Should we have just ignored him? That was tried and it didn't work so well did it?

Osama could hardly have dreamed that the Feds would cause this level of economic devastation to the people of the United States.

The Feds causes 100 9-11's of economic destruction to the people of the US.
Administrator

Post 02 May 2011, 5:35 am

here we go again...
Adjutant

Post 02 May 2011, 6:17 am

He certainly got what he had coming. It's an entirely different discussion wether all that hysterics and war on terror stuff were necessary or actually beneficial to the security and economic health of the US.
Adjutant

Post 02 May 2011, 8:22 am

GMTom wrote:here we go again...

Let me know when they bring GWB and Obama to justice, who have killed far more innocent people than OBL has.
Administrator

Post 02 May 2011, 9:04 am

see what I mean?
Adjutant

Post 02 May 2011, 9:38 am

No, why don't you explain what you mean Tom?

Cause from where I am standing, those two have caused far more deaths, and far more destruction than OBL could have ever dreamed. You are celebrating the death of some two big street thug (which will never actually be proven in court since he was ordered killed by Obama) when the mafiosos are still on the loose.
Administrator

Post 02 May 2011, 10:33 am

So you would be happier if he had been tried? What part of Bin Laden's acceptance of responsibility do you refute?

Better yet, what other crimes do you think should not be prosecuted?

This is a justice issue. How should Bin Laden have been brought to justice in your world? Should he have been left alone because the cost was too much?
Adjutant

Post 02 May 2011, 11:47 am

This is a justice issue. How should Bin Laden have been brought to justice in your world? Should he have been left alone because the cost was too much?

That would be up to the individuals who were to bear the cost. Not to irresponsible politicians lining the pockets o their friends in the war and banking industries. Unfortunately, americans were not given the choice as to whether killing Bin Laden was worth the trillions (spent and in future interest payments). Maybe a cheaper solution would have been dismantlig the US empire and putting a larger bounty on his head. But that would hardly have enriched Goldman Sachs and Boeing.

As is the case with every war...states win and people lose.

And yes, justice has a price and that price must be considered. How many generations of your children would you have been willing to sell into debt slavery in order to get OBL? How many innocent people are OK to be killed in order to get him?