Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 12 Dec 2016, 10:57 am

Deleted.
Last edited by freeman3 on 12 Dec 2016, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador

Post 12 Dec 2016, 11:06 am

Withdrawn, your honor.
Last edited by Doctor Fate on 12 Dec 2016, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador

Post 12 Dec 2016, 11:15 am

deleted as referred to DF's and freeman's posts
Last edited by danivon on 12 Dec 2016, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adjutant

Post 12 Dec 2016, 11:16 am

You're right, DF. Religion was not part of the discussion and no need to take a pot shot there. In fact, I am just going to delete it.
Administrator

Post 13 Dec 2016, 1:03 pm

Ricky
ONE of the definitions of "Democratic"
...actually "Democracy" (Democratic simply states "supporting democracy or it's principles")
states what you want to believe. But once again you cherry pick what you want, the first definition:
"a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives."
nowhere does it state "Majority" now does it? We certainly can have a democracy without your narrow vision being followed!

The US has a set format, all parties know what it entails to win and it is based upon popular vote in each state. The US is not, was not, never will be a true "Democracy" in your view (Nor is Canada or any other govt.)
Statesman

Post 13 Dec 2016, 2:39 pm

GMTom
The US is not, was not, never will be a true "Democracy" in your view

Not using the Electoral College. no.
A perfect democracy would be one where each voter had an equal say in the outcome of the election.
Few "democracies" attain perfection of course. Parliamentary democracies that use First past the post, fail in this regard, for instance.
But there are many democracies that manage to elect a president democratically.
- France
- Indonesia
- Iran
- Mexico
-Palestine
- The Phillipines
- Ukraine
- Russia
- Tanzania
-Venezeula.
Now, many of these countries fall short in how their elections are conducted, and how their voters are qualified... but each voter does have an equal say in the outcome.
.But at least the result represents the actual will of the majority of the people who exercise their franchise.
This was not the case in the US was it Tom?
Ambassador

Post 13 Dec 2016, 3:50 pm

rickyp wrote:GMTom
The US is not, was not, never will be a true "Democracy" in your view

Not using the Electoral College. no.
A perfect democracy would be one where each voter had an equal say in the outcome of the election.
Few "democracies" attain perfection of course. Parliamentary democracies that use First past the post, fail in this regard, for instance.
But there are many democracies that manage to elect a president democratically.
- France
- Indonesia
- Iran
- Mexico
-Palestine
- The Phillipines
- Ukraine
- Russia
- Tanzania
-Venezeula.
Now, many of these countries fall short in how their elections are conducted, and how their voters are qualified... but each voter does have an equal say in the outcome.
.But at least the result represents the actual will of the majority of the people who exercise their franchise.
This was not the case in the US was it Tom?

You never cease to provide laughs.

Iran?
Russia?
Venezeula (sic)?

Yes, so "democratic!" :laugh:

If you don't like the system, change it. Oh. Forgot. Canadian.
Adjutant

Post 23 Dec 2016, 12:11 am

Trump vows to "greatly strengthen and expand our nuclear capability".

Trunp voters...were tax cuts worth this? The Doomsday Clock just got a tick closer to 12...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews. ... ns-n699221
Administrator

Post 23 Dec 2016, 7:17 am

Again Ricky fails to realize the US is a Republic and, like most liberals, wants to undermine the power of the individual states and give the federal government more power. This is against what we believe in and against how we were formed. The electoral college sees each state elect its voters by your "democratic" method. Then each state determines how they will vote. It is still democratic but is not what you want so it must be wrong?
Ambassador

Post 23 Dec 2016, 7:17 am

freeman3 wrote:Trump vows to "greatly strengthen and expand our nuclear capability".

Trunp voters...were tax cuts worth this? The Doomsday Clock just got a tick closer to 12...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews. ... ns-n699221

Buried in your link:

It's unclear what prompted the statement. Earlier Thursday, Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed his desire to strengthen Russia's nuclear forces, but experts say Putin says such things on a near-weekly basis.

"We need to strengthen the military potential of strategic nuclear forces, especially with missile complexes that can reliably penetrate any existing and prospective missile defense systems," Putin said.

Notice the goal: make Trump seem like he wants nuclear war and pretend that Putin is just background noise. It's weird. There was a time when the Left sang songs about how "the Russians love their children too." But now, Trump hates his grandkids enough that he's trying to usher in nuclear war.

The Left today: the mullahs of Iran would never engage in a nuclear attack out of self-preservation, but Trump wants to set the world aflame! Everyone is more sane than Trump!

This is the next four years.
Administrator

Post 23 Dec 2016, 7:20 am

that IS kind of funny!
If the liberals want to cry about Trump bringing us closer to nuclear war...fair enough. But they must then accept the Iran deal they were so proud of does the same thing. Typical focusing only on what suits the liberal view point.
Adjutant

Post 23 Dec 2016, 9:04 am

What's funny is you guys trying to rationalize whatever Trump does. Kind of remind me of Bruin fans who were/are against Alford. UCLA's success this year is tying them up into knots but they solved it by saying in essence it's not Alford's coaching but just Leaf and Ball. I have to admire their ingenuity in altering reality to fit their opinion.

Anyway, you'll have to excuse me I have to see if there is a sale on bomb shelters going on now...
Ambassador

Post 23 Dec 2016, 9:28 am

freeman3 wrote:What's funny is you guys trying to rationalize whatever Trump does. Kind of remind me of Bruin fans who were/are against Alford. UCLA's success this year is tying them up into knots but they solved it by saying in essence it's not Alford's coaching but just Leaf and Ball. I have to admire their ingenuity in altering reality to fit their opinion.

Anyway, you'll have to excuse me I have to see if there is a sale on bomb shelters going on now...

So funny!

The only people Democrats hate are Republicans.

What?

Yes, Democrats hate Republicans.

According to Democrats, North Korea, China, Russia, and Iran would never use nukes. Trump? He can't wait!

According to Democrats, North Korean, Chinese, Russian, and Iranian leaders love their children and grandchildren. Trump? He wants to see what they look like when they are covered in nuclear fallout!

Please, let go of your Republicanophobia!

Trump says stupid things. That is not something we are used to in a President.

That doesn't mean you're gonna die.
Adjutant

Post 23 Dec 2016, 10:01 am

This is not a very comforting story about Russia's increasing willingness to discuss using nuclear weapons in certain situations.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews. ... ent=safari

And there are no built-in restraints on a president ordering a nuclear strike. Now would high-level military actually follow an irrational order? Anyone's guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... ent=safari

We have an aggressive Russia talking about using using nuclear weapons as a legitimate option and, well, Trump...who also irresponsibly talks about nuclear weapons.
Adjutant

Post 23 Dec 2016, 10:21 am

Well, I found a place that makes bomb shelters--here are the options (prices start at 50K).

http://www.atlassurvivalshelters.com/aboutus/nbc/

And the factory is in Montebello--that's like on the way to work. If I visit the factory I get a coupon for a case of MREs (worth $100!).