Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 12:18 pm

danivon wrote:On over-registration, it is clearly wrong, but what is happening? Is it just that when people die or move they are not promptly removed?

I did find this link that lists 17 Illinois counties that have more registered voters than "eligible" adults. http://www.rebootillinois.com/2015/09/0 ... n=9/1/2015

Of those, one seems to be wrongly named. But 12 voted Romney in 2012, 4 for Obama. Cook County is not one of them.

Now, do we have any voter fraud in these places?

Quite possibly.

Think about your suggestion of post-election follow-up. If someone is dead, it's going to be difficult to ask them whether they indeed voted. Even if you reach someone, how will you know if they are actually the person you need to contact . . . unless you ask for some kind of . . . wait for it . . . identification!

Anytime there are more people registered than there are residents, the rolls clearly need to be scrubbed.
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 12:22 pm

Detection . . . Right, so ID's are the best way to go. We could also do follow-ups.

What else would you propose?

With regard to the transgendered issue, it's pretty simple: if you can stand up and pee, you don't belong in the girls' room. This whole notion that biology is irrelevant, and that's what this is based on, is garbage. All of the sudden objective science doesn't matter as much as someone's feelings.

If someone wants to be a girl, there is a way. In the meantime, he doesn't belong in the girls' room. Full stop.
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 12:40 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:
Quite possibly.

Think about your suggestion of post-election follow-up. If someone is dead, it's going to be difficult to ask them whether they indeed voted.
You will need to ask fairly soon after a vote anyway as recall can be a problem. If they are dead, perhaps they died before the election and you found a fraud.

Even if you reach someone, how will you know if they are actually the person you need to contact . . . unless you ask for some kind of . . . wait for it . . . identification!
Well, they will be at their address, which is a bit of a clue.

Anytime there are more people registered than there are residents, the rolls clearly need to be scrubbed.
Yes. But it is only evidence of a potential opportunity for personation fraud. Not evidence of personation fraud.
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 12:47 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:With regard to the transgendered issue, it's pretty simple: if you can stand up and pee, you don't belong in the girls' room. This whole notion that biology is irrelevant, and that's what this is based on, is garbage. All of the sudden objective science doesn't matter as much as someone's feelings.

If someone wants to be a girl, there is a way. In the meantime, he doesn't belong in the girls' room. Full stop.
Gender is not the same as sex. And there are actually people who are of a different sex physically that they are genetically.

But the question is not whether you agree with it or not, or whether it is based on science. The question is why make a law?

Do you think the same the other way around, that transgender female-to-males should not be allowed in the "boys' room" unless and until they get a prosthetic penis? Or even with one?

Then you will have people who look like men going into the "girls' room", causing more discomfort for them and the other users.

It is ridiculous. But I will start another thread
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

It happens.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/07/14/dont- ... ink-again/

I know liberals claim it's infinitesimal. So, I have two simple questions:

1. How much voter fraud is acceptable?

2. How much would you expect to find given that there is no system set up to look for it?

Meanwhile, Democrats whine about voter suppression, but when there's an actual case of voter suppression, they don't care. See the Black Panthers in Philly for example. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Bla ... ation_case
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 12:51 pm

danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:With regard to the transgendered issue, it's pretty simple: if you can stand up and pee, you don't belong in the girls' room. This whole notion that biology is irrelevant, and that's what this is based on, is garbage. All of the sudden objective science doesn't matter as much as someone's feelings.

Gender is not the same as sex. And there are actually people who are of a different sex physically that they are genetically.

But the question is not whether you agree with it or not, or whether it is based on science. The question is why make a law?

Do you think the same the other way around, that transgender female-to-males should not be allowed in the "boys' room" unless and until they get a prosthetic penis? Or even with one?

Then you will have people who look like men going into the "girls' room", causing more discomfort for them and the other users.

It is ridiculous. But I will start another thread

What is ridiculous is the idea that science does not matter.
Adjutant

Post 12 Apr 2016, 1:04 pm

I don't believe these trans-gender bathroom laws are being passed because there is a concern about predators. I think it is rooted in prejudice against transgendered individuals. I do believe we should show compassion towards those individuals who have been dealt such a difficult hand in life to feel they are one sex but have the biology of another. I also note that these bathroom laws require the person to use the bathroom based on the sex of their birth certificate, which would force even people who have had sex change operations to use the bathroom of their sex at birth. That is clearly wrong.

All that being said, I think we should have clear standards regarding using bathrooms and it should be based on whether you have a penis or vagina--not on the types of clothes one wears or the sex at birth.
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 1:18 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:It happens.

2. How much would you expect to find given that there is no system set up to look for it?
None is "acceptable". But if the cure is worse than the disease, or doesn't actually cure it, perhaps it is not the right cure.

All kinds of crimes are also "unacceptable", and we have laws to try to stop them. But we still have crime.

Three of those five cases involve people being pressured or bribed to vote a certain way. Voter ID will not solve that.
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 2:33 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:
When you accept climate science, astronomical science and evolutionary science, let me know.

Meanwhile, there is science behind gender identity being different from sex:
But now there’s mounting evidence that gender identity is rooted in the brain. In January this year, neuroscience researchers at the University of Vienna in Austria discovered “strong differences” in the microstructure of brain connections of cisgender control subjects (men and women who identity with their biological sex) and transgender people. Using a specialized MRI technique that allows them to study brain wiring, they found “these differences in really almost all networks in the brain. It was quite a huge finding,” one of the researchers, Georg Kranz, says in a phone interview. On a spectrum of neurological characteristics, whose two polarities are defined by the cisgender female brain and the cisgender male brain, the characteristics of the brains of transgender people, on average, fell somewhere in the middle.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/sci ... e25553156/
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 2:51 pm

danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:
When you accept climate science, astronomical science and evolutionary science, let me know.

I believe in actual science. You claim to, then go for emotion over science.

Meanwhile, there is science behind gender identity being different from sex:
But now there’s mounting evidence that gender identity is rooted in the brain. In January this year, neuroscience researchers at the University of Vienna in Austria discovered “strong differences” in the microstructure of brain connections of cisgender control subjects (men and women who identity with their biological sex) and transgender people. Using a specialized MRI technique that allows them to study brain wiring, they found “these differences in really almost all networks in the brain. It was quite a huge finding,” one of the researchers, Georg Kranz, says in a phone interview. On a spectrum of neurological characteristics, whose two polarities are defined by the cisgender female brain and the cisgender male brain, the characteristics of the brains of transgender people, on average, fell somewhere in the middle.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/sci ... e25553156/
[/quote]

Thin reed.

On the other hand, people who go through the surgery often want it reversed. Further, they are much more likely to commit suicide.
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 2:51 pm

danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:It happens.

None is "acceptable". But if the cure is worse than the disease, or doesn't actually cure it, perhaps it is not the right cure.

All kinds of crimes are also "unacceptable", and we have laws to try to stop them. But we still have crime.

Three of those five cases involve people being pressured or bribed to vote a certain way. Voter ID will not solve that.

Meh, you've not shown anything like "the cure is worse than the disease."
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 8:50 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:
danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:

Whatever, kidda.

Thin reed

On the other hand, people who go through the surgery often want it reversed. Further, they are much more likely to commit suicide.
Come join the other thread and bring your science with you.
Ambassador

Post 12 Apr 2016, 8:55 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:Meh, you've not shown anything like "the cure is worse than the disease."

And no-one has shown it will be a cure. Seriously - voter ID will not block bribery. Neither will it always be effective if the tellers are corrupt.

I proposed a simple means to deal with duplicate voting. Not one person on here has even bothered to dismiss it. It is almost as if you don't care about voting, just getting the ID in and "winning" against the bogeyman left.
Administrator

Post 12 Apr 2016, 9:30 pm

I am fine with indelible ink as long as it can be verified that the person with the purple thumb is who they say they are.

Fair trade?
Ambassador

Post 13 Apr 2016, 6:41 am

danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:
danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:

Whatever, kidda.

Revealing the "depth" of your position.