Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 29 Mar 2016, 1:08 pm

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/oklahoma-town-keeps-church-name-water-tank-video

Is this a violation of "church and state". Should the church be penalized for the city's action by having it removed, as they donated to the city in good faith? (pun intended)
Adjutant

Post 29 Mar 2016, 1:20 pm

Would it bother you if it said Islamic State of America on it? It has to come off.Water towers are associated with municipalities--they can't put the name of a church on city property. I mean, really--this isn't close. I am amused about the estimated cost to get rid of it--$600,000. Why?
Administrator

Post 29 Mar 2016, 3:37 pm

freeman3 wrote:Would it bother you if it said Islamic State of America on it? It has to come off.Water towers are associated with municipalities--they can't put the name of a church on city property. I mean, really--this isn't close. I am amused about the estimated cost to get rid of it--$600,000. Why?

No it would not bother me if it said Islamic State of America (if that was who donated the land).

Perhaps the land should go back to the church, since the city did not keep it's part of the bargain?